Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt @ ASU

Big game for both teams. ASU can show they are the class of the LSC with a win. Wt stays in the hunt and the LSC becomes a free for all with a Buffs victory.
    I am undecided on my pick. ASU will have the home-field advantage. After two lackluster showings, Wt should be highly motivated. I am currently leaning toward ASU.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

I think this is a tough one!!! Again, wrong or not, I see this one of two GOY candidates.

I certainly may be wrong, but for some reason, I am just not sold on Angelo being the 4th best team in the nation vying for a Natty. Based of those standings, Angelo should be playing for a Natty spot in the semi-finals.

This could be a catch game for Angelo. They BETTER be prepared or WT pulls out a dubya. IF Angelo comes in mentally ready & prepared for business, WT could have a long ride home.

Comment

This game can really thin the field out a bit if Angelo and then Kingsville wins as well. Both teams will be 4-0 and WT would then be 2-2 and 3 games behind (head to head) both teams with 7 games remaining.

If WT wins then its game on the rest of the year for potential playoff spots.

Angelo and WT were probably looking ahead to this week,

Angelo survived and WT didn't.

Angelo is looking for revenge and the game is at home.

I hope I am wrong but see Angelo taking this one down 31-21.

Comment

Gut check time for Hughes' team. I'm not privy to the locker room, practice field, nor the meeting rooms, so I don't know the mood of the team. I would feel like my back was against the wall. A "successful" season hangs in the balance with the Angelo game. Anything we post on here is our own fantasy.

I think the Buffs will play well. Come out hard. Physical. Still, Angelo wins by 2 TD's.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-21-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Gut check time for Hughes' team. I'm not privy to the locker room, practice field, nor the meeting rooms, so I don't know the mood of the team. I would feel like my back was against the wall. A "successful" season hangs in the balance with the Angelo game. Anything we post on here is our own fantasy.

I think the Buffs will play well. Come out hard. Physical. Still, Angelo wins by 2 TD's.
          Agreed. WT loses then for the most part any postseason chances are over unless a lot of things perfectly fall in place and that would include WT running the table.

Comment

Optimistic for the Buffs against TAMUK and came away very disappointed. Unless the Buffs cans suck it up and/or ASU is over-confident, it's hard to be optimistic for the Buffs this Saturday. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

IMHO - ASU is not the #4 team in the nation. Wt is not as bad as we played last week.

ASU by 10
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                IMHO - ASU is not the #4 team in the nation. Wt is not as bad as we played last week.

ASU by 10
                I think you are right…on both points. Is Grier back yet? ASU has to want revenge from last season and WT is gasping for air on the rest of their season. Angelo by 12 points…

WT defense played good in first half last week but then lost it in the 2nd half…might have been gasped though….from being on the field too much.

Comment

I would HATE, HATE, HATE to be a WT football player with this group of Alums. Geesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Agreed. WT loses then for the most part any postseason chances are over unless a lot of things perfectly fall in place and that would include WT running the table.
                    I knew you would be talking about WT running the table, but it’s not even October yet! 😂

WT could win this game if Angelo plays badly against us like last year. I don’t think they will because WT will again be outcoached. If Angelo is in the right mindset and up the middle is Hughes’ plan, it will be a blowout win for the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I knew you would be talking about WT running the table, but it’s not even October yet! 😂

WT could win this game if Angelo plays badly against us like last year. I don’t think they will because WT will again be outcoached. If Angelo is in the right mindset and up the middle is Hughes’ plan, it will be a blowout win for the Rams.
                      Who knows WT may play better on the road and now with nothing to lose.

Angelo will be out for payback and its in their stadium.

The script will have to flip and WT will need to get multiple turnovers and play error free on their end.

Comment

Everyone keeps talking about Angelo out for payback. 7070707.

THAT IS NOT the mindset. That game last year did not hurt Angelo. They went into the 3rd round of the national tournament.

They had ONE "payback" game this year that WAS on their minds and that was Colorado School of Mines. Which they DID get payback for 30-27 in OT.

All other games are just "another game". The mindset is to win ever game, every week, regardless of the opponent. Win or lose, that is the mindset at Angelo.

Comment

With that said. I still stand by my initial thoughts:

"This could be a catch game for Angelo. They BETTER be prepared or WT pulls out a dubya. IF Angelo comes in mentally ready & prepared for business, WT could have a long ride home".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Everyone keeps talking about Angelo out for payback. 7070707.

THAT IS NOT the mindset. That game last year did not hurt Angelo. They went into the 3rd round of the national tournament.

They had ONE "payback" game this year that WAS on their minds and that was Colorado School of Mines. Which they DID get payback for 30-27 in OT.

All other games are just "another game". The mindset is to win ever game, every week, regardless of the opponent. Win or lose, that is the mindset at Angelo.
                            Disagree with you on this one big time.

That WT loss prevented Angelo from winning a share of the LSC conference title and possibly having a home game against Mines in the regional championship.

Also said no one ever that a team is not eager for payback against a conference rival that beat them last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Disagree with you on this one big time.

That WT loss prevented Angelo from winning a share of the LSC conference title and possibly having a home game against Mines in the regional championship.

Also said no one ever that a team is not eager for payback against a conference rival that beat them last year.
                              Reality is that athletic teams for WT and ASU just do not like each other. The motivation will be there regardless of what happened last year or 10 years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X