Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Early Look at SR4 Region

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Early Early Look at SR4 Region

    Some interesting early season developments:

    The top 3 pre-season RMAC teams (Western Colorado, Colorado Mines, and Western Colorado) are 1-2. Black Hills state is 3-0 but will probably not keep up that pace. There is a good chance that the RMAC champ will finish with 2 or even 3 losses and the second place team will most certainly have 3 losses. Based on that there could be an equally great chance that the RMAC only gets 1 team in the playoffs which would open the door for the LSC and the NSIC to get 3 teams in.

    NSIC has 3 teams with 3-0 records and several teams with 2-1 records. With their silo schedule their SOS will remain even and a pretty strong chance that they will have at least 3 teams with 2 losses or less.

    LSC has Angelo State and Kingsville at 3-0. WT, Midwestern State, and Central Washington at 2-1.LSC could also have the potential of the 3rd place team having 3 losses. A lot of that depends on how Kingsville builds on the WT win and how Midwestern performs. If WT beats Angelo then the LSC is chaos like the RMAC. If WT loses then they are in a world of hurt due to their likely bad non conference SOS numbers.

    Good thing is the LSC will hold several head to head tiebreakers over the RMAC unless Pueblo and Midwestern state are tied for the last spot.

    Going to be fun to watch...



  • #2
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Some interesting early season developments:

    The top 3 pre-season RMAC teams (Western Colorado, Colorado Mines, and Western Colorado) are 1-2. Black Hills state is 3-0 but will probably not keep up that pace. There is a good chance that the RMAC champ will finish with 2 or even 3 losses and the second place team will most certainly have 3 losses. Based on that there could be an equally great chance that the RMAC only gets 1 team in the playoffs which would open the door for the LSC and the NSIC to get 3 teams in.

    NSIC has 3 teams with 3-0 records and several teams with 2-1 records. With their silo schedule their SOS will remain even and a pretty strong chance that they will have at least 3 teams with 2 losses or less.

    LSC has Angelo State and Kingsville at 3-0. WT, Midwestern State, and Central Washington at 2-1.LSC could also have the potential of the 3rd place team having 3 losses. A lot of that depends on how Kingsville builds on the WT win and how Midwestern performs. If WT beats Angelo then the LSC is chaos like the RMAC. If WT loses then they are in a world of hurt due to their likely bad non conference SOS numbers.

    Good thing is the LSC will hold several head to head tiebreakers over the RMAC unless Pueblo and Midwestern state are tied for the last spot.

    Going to be fun to watch...

    Mines is clearly the only deserving team from the RMAC, anyone else that gets in will get walked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Western Colorado got Cummings back and looked like a different team, but put them up against WT or Angelo and they probably still lose. Pueblo-it seems their win over MSU says more about what MSU is than what Pueblo is. But MSU is probably going to be 3-1 after this week, that still has to count for something.

      Kingsville and CWU are in this “in-between, not quite sure about them” state, but Kingsville has a win over WT, so that puts them higher on my list than CWU, who needs a big win before I’m sold on them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        Western Colorado got Cummings back and looked like a different team, but put them up against WT or Angelo and they probably still lose. Pueblo-it seems their win over MSU says more about what MSU is than what Pueblo is. But MSU is probably going to be 3-1 after this week, that still has to count for something.

        Kingsville and CWU are in this “in-between, not quite sure about them” state, but Kingsville has a win over WT, so that puts them higher on my list than CWU, who needs a big win before I’m sold on them.
        Yeah I agree with your assessment. The big question will be who the 2nd and 3rd place teams will be from the LSC if my assumption pans out true about the RMAC only getting 1 team in this year.

        To me Kingsville looks stronger (obviously), Central Washington (good but same), and Midwestern noticeably weaker.

        If I had to rank it from the first 3 games (certainly subject to change):
        1) ASU
        2) Central Washington
        3) Kingsville
        4) WT
        5) Midwestern

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

          Kingsville and CWU are in this “in-between, not quite sure about them” state, but Kingsville has a win over WT, so that puts them higher on my list than CWU, who needs a big win before I’m sold on them.
          I agree with this. CWU hasn't put a full game together yet this season. Could be rust, it could be that they're just not as good as last season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Saw this in one of the forums. Long ways to go but supports my theory that the RMAC will have trouble getting 2 teams in.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	SR4 region update.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	698436

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Saw this in one of the forums. Long ways to go but supports my theory that the RMAC will have trouble getting 2 teams in.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	SR4 region update.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	698436

              No offense to the traditional RMAC powers, but I think it would be awesome for Black Hills and/or South Dakota Mines to compete for a playoff spot(s)
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JavsFan View Post


                No offense to the traditional RMAC powers, but I think it would be awesome for Black Hills and/or South Dakota Mines to compete for a playoff spot(s)
                They have their shot. Run the table and they are in. Same with Kingsville.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JavsFan View Post


                  No offense to the traditional RMAC powers, but I think it would be awesome for Black Hills and/or South Dakota Mines to compete for a playoff spot(s)
                  It would be, until they get destroyed in the first round.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

                    It would be, until they get destroyed in the first round.
                    Let's hope from a competitive standpoint that Mines is the one to run the table and represent the RMAC.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      Saw this in one of the forums. Long ways to go but supports my theory that the RMAC will have trouble getting 2 teams in.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SR4 region update.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	698436
                      LMAO....HILARIOUS. TAMUK SOS is um, dead wrong. NA & SUL ROSS & only 9 D2 games. 707070707

                      Angelo has ALL 11 D2 games. People kill me.

                      Some folks REALLY need to tap the breaks. Only 4 games played. HAHAHA

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

                        LMAO....HILARIOUS. TAMUK SOS is um, dead wrong. NA & SUL ROSS & only 9 D2 games. 707070707

                        Angelo has ALL 11 D2 games. People kill me.

                        Some folks REALLY need to tap the breaks. Only 4 games played. HAHAHA
                        Well its only the numbers talking and no D2 non conference games to drag or raise it.

                        Kingsville will be like Western Colorado last year where their SOS will fall like a rock when they do lose their 1st game.

                        I think right now the the top 3 favorites to get the conference titles and playoff spots are ASU, Mines, and Augustana.

                        You are right will take a bit to sort out the rest of the LSC and NSIC.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

                          Let's hope from a competitive standpoint that Mines is the one to run the table and represent the RMAC.
                          If they don't then something has gone drastically wrong. I don't know that they aren't 3 TD favorites in the rest of their games.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

                            LMAO....HILARIOUS. TAMUK SOS is um, dead wrong. NA & SUL ROSS & only 9 D2 games. 707070707

                            Angelo has ALL 11 D2 games. People kill me.

                            Some folks REALLY need to tap the breaks. Only 4 games played. HAHAHA
                            Only 9 D2 games doesn't matter at the moment. As always, things will be sorted out on the field. Tap your brakes too.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

                              Only 9 D2 games doesn't matter at the moment. As always, things will be sorted out on the field. Tap your brakes too.
                              Yup it only matters if they finish 9-0 which they are unlikely to do.

                              Kingsville fans will be more worried about that number than Angelo Fans.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X