Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Texas College Stadiums Attendance Percentages Thru 10/9.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Texas College Stadiums Attendance Percentages Thru 10/9.

Not sure how accurate this is but interesting..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Texas Attendance.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.7 KB ID:	703591

Tarelton’s is all messed up due to stadium renovations. It got smaller, then bigger, and the school didn’t update capacity. Hence, the 130%. But their crowds have been good since the jump up to FCS, or so I hear. WT would be below 50% if still at Kimbrough, unless it was during the ANB ticket giveaway years. Lol. I’m surprised Kingsville is so low.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
      Tarelton’s is all messed up due to stadium renovations. It got smaller, then bigger, and the school didn’t update capacity. Hence, the 130%. But their crowds have been good since the jump up to FCS, or so I hear. WT would be below 50% if still at Kimbrough, unless it was during the ANB ticket giveaway years. Lol. I’m surprised Kingsville is so low.
      15,000 seat stadium, with inconsistent scanning at the gates, and two ****ty games to start the season,
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

See! This is why you don't build huge stadiums!

Comment

I looked up Sul Ross's FB attendance for their home games so far. It was under 200 for each game.

I suggest they hire Hunter Hughes.

Comment

There is nothing like LSC football. The atmosphere of games at some stadiums is amazing!

A few years ago, Texas A&M University-Kingsville had unveiled their short and long-term building plans. One of those included a graphic of a renovated Javelina Stadium. It showed enclosing the north end zone (and, later, the southern end zone too) with a building. It really made the stadium look more intimate than its current design.

Slides 6, 7 and 8 show what the stadium would have looked like:
            https://www.slideshare.net/scoulston...ster-plan-2020

However, around the time that the graphic was released, the Javelinas began a long journey of football mediocrity. Game attendance went from the huge numbers during the Cundiff years to very low numbers for more than a decade. I watched those games online and the low attendance always made me feel kind of sad.

If this season is an indication of things to come, then I hope that they consider renovating the stadium. It's a great stadium -- but very dated. I'd certainly consider giving to this effort.

Stanford Stadium opened in 1921. It initially seated about 60,000 but was enlarged six years later to a capacity of nearly 90,000. It even hosted the Super Bowl XIX. My neighbor (a long-time professor) told me that the stadium looked empty even during the team's "good years." It was renovated again and reopened in 2006. It now has a capacity of ~50,000.

While there are a few sellout games, they are usually when "big draw" opposing teams show up. Usually, the capacity is so low that the stadium feels very empty. The "Big Game" (Cal v. Stanford) is a huge rivalry that still doesn't sell out.

Even during some of the "great" years with Andrew Luck, Toby Gerhardt, Christian Macaffrey and others, the atmosphere sometimes feels like it is missing that feeling you get at LSC games. I'd rather have a smaller stadium that taps into the electrifying atmosphere of LSC football.

Comment

Here are some attendance figures for the top 10 ranked D2 football teams for October 22. All games were home games except as noted.
              1. Grand Valley State.....11,812
              2. Angelo State.............. 5,246
              3. Pitt State................... 8,836
              4. Ferris State............... 4,914
              5. Delta State................Road game at Shorter drew 785
              6. Davenport.................. 1,300
              7. IU-PA........................ 4,105
              8. TAMUK..................... Road game at Angelo State drew 5,246
              9. Sioux Falls................ 4,587
              10. Ashland................... 3,390

WT's attendance was 6,033 at home Saturday, which would have ranked third in attendance. Even though the Buffs won, it's just finish the season now and see what happens with Hughes. If the Buffs were undefeated, WT might be leading the country in attendance. Having the best stadium in D2 and great game day atmosphere certainly make the season more enjoyable. If the games were still at Kimbrough, 3000 would be a good crowd.

Comment

I thought ASU's capacity was 5,570. It was standing-room only so not sure how it was only 5,246.

Comment

Originally posted by Bippy McGoo View Post
                  I thought ASU's capacity was 5,570. It was standing-room only so not sure how it was only 5,246.
                  Reserved seating sold out except foe some singles scattered around. Except for the aTi section the east side was packed. Pigletts brought a good group.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Reserved seating sold out except foe some singles scattered around. Except for the aTi section the east side was packed. Pigletts brought a good group.
                    I as impressed with the number from A&I as well. That’s good to see considering how far away it was. In addition to the stands there were a ton of people on the sidelines. Enough former players to make an all-star team from the last 10 years.

Comment

I was told ACTUAL ATTENDANCE was 6,900+ but the official count did not include special guests, boxes, sidelines or the crowds standing around the fences and endzoend zones, also doesn't count late comers.

Comment

I understand if they don't count special guests and sidelines but not counting people who bought tickets and reporting under capacity is a new one for me.

Comment

I understand if they don't count special guests and sidelines but not counting people who bought tickets and reporting under capacity is a new one for me.
                          Well, anyone who enters after 1/2 will not be counted.

Comment

Stadium was over capacity in the first quarter.

Comment

Stadium was over capacity in the first quarter.
                              I remember asking the big dog a few years back how they count, and it wasn't very accurate. Nor did they seem to really care. Just another insignificant task on gameday.

I remember laughing as the guy doing the hand count clicker missed about 25 or 30 people in about a minute because he was handling something else. This happened 8-10 times in a 5 minute period.

Yeah, these attendance counts are very accurate. 707.

Others (DII and FCS) use scans.....but watched them miss the same #. And just wave students past without counting them.

Very scientific AND accurate!! It's a joke! Hence why I put no stock into published attendance

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X