Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Come on guys, it's happy time again. We are less than a week out from what is essentially the LSC Game of the Year, and both of y'all, and me too, have something to root for. A 7-0 #2 Angelo State vs. a 7-0 #15 Kingsville. Thank God Kingsville is in the mix again and I know the Angelo fans feel the same way.
    Bro, this has been an on going thing. I never say sh!t about him personally. He has been passive-aggressive for several years. I seem to take up some real estate in his head.

Definitely NOT worth my time. 7070707

Now don't get me wrong....I push people's buttons ALL the time!!! Hahaha. But not cheap pot shots because I have a hard-on for them. BIG difference.

But I am with you!!! This is an awesome week. Two RANKED, undfeated teams going into battle!!! YES SIIRRRRR.

I love this!!!

Comment

I went to Kingsville after the name change but I am pretty old school in some ways. It would be good if they could go back to A&I, even if they had to stay in the A&M system.
      H3ll let's take Russia back to the USSR and throw in an East & West Germany while we are at it!! 7070707.

Comment

I went to Kingsville after the name change but I am pretty old school in some ways. It would be good if they could go back to A&I, even if they had to stay in the A&M system.
        I agree. I much preferred the name West Texas State University.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

H3ll let's take Russia back to the USSR and throw in an East & West Germany while we are at it!! 7070707.
          LOL, I think that crazy old Putin is trying to do that now.

Communism never did anything good for the world. Football and Texas A&I is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Then people would think WT is part of the San Marcos College system.

Comment

I think that your name is still somewhat unique and doesn’t give up your previous heritage as much as TAMU-random city does. WTAMU is much better than TAMU-Canyon. It still keeps the West Texas (WT) in the name, which is what most people still call the university. Not the same with Kingsviulle, which is what most people now call TAMU-Kingsviolle, instead of A&I.

I wonder why they didn’t do the same thing with Comerce and call them East Texas A&M? Maybe because at the time they did not have any agriculture or engineering programs (guessing because I don’t know if they did or did not have those programs at the time). It would have allowed everyone to continue to call them East Texas.

But then San Antonio does not have agriculture or engineering and they still call them TAMU-San Antonio. Maybe WT was just smarter when it came time to change the name compared to Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I think that your name is still somewhat unique and doesn’t give up your previous heritage as much as TAMU-random city does. WTAMU is much better than TAMU-Canyon. It still keeps the West Texas (WT) in the name, which is what most people still call the university. Not the same with Kingsviulle, which is what most people now call TAMU-Kingsviolle, instead of A&I.

I wonder why they didn’t do the same thing with Comerce and call them East Texas A&M? Maybe because at the time they did not have any agriculture or engineering programs (guessing because I don’t know if they did or did not have those programs at the time). It would have allowed everyone to continue to call them East Texas.

But then San Antonio does not have agriculture or engineering and they still call them TAMU-San Antonio. Maybe WT was just smarter when it came time to change the name compared to Commerce.
                I have no direct knowledge of this, but it's been reported in this forum that we got to keep WT after some closed door discussions that got loud and ugly. Maybe someone else can offer more details. Otherwise we would be Texas A&M - Canyon.

Remind me what the "I" of Texas A&I was for.

Comment

I have no direct knowledge of this, but it's been reported in this forum that we got to keep WT after some closed door discussions that got loud and ugly. Maybe someone else can offer more details. Otherwise we would be Texas A&M - Canyon.

Remind me what the "I" of Texas A&I was for.
                  Texas Arts & Industry
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

LOL, I think that crazy old Putin is trying to do that now.

Communism never did anything good for the world. Football and Texas A&I is a different story.
                    All true!

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Tarleton kept their name instead of becoming TAMU-Stephenville

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Tarleton kept their name instead of becoming TAMU-Stephenville
                        From what I gathered it was a condition f the original gift that created the university that it be named after the benefactor, Tarleton.

Comment

Little correction. After your Buffs lost unceremoniously against Western Oregano, 3-7 do appear to be equally mediocre at best, to use your own words.

Angelo State is clearly the top team.

#2 is Kingsville's until they prove otherwise. They gave us a scare last night but the defense saved them.

Realistically, after the last two games I am not as confident as I once was that Kingsville will beat Angelo.

Kingsville's defense is capable of keeping them in it. The defense is only averaging giving up a shade less than 12 points a game. Admittingly against less than great competition. Kingsville will likely need to score 28 to 35 points to win against Angelo. The way the offense played yesterday, I am not sure if they can do that.

Hopefully the running backs will continue to take some pressure off the quarterback. I think the quarterback can be very good but he just needs the O-line to get him some more time. It looks like he is getting hurried and hit a bit too often.

With that being said, I sure hope Kingsville can pull it off. I am half thinking about driving out there to catch the game in person.
                          Oh yeah WT has and will be Mediocre.

Kingsville will join the crowd and come back to earth the next few weeks.

Let me have it and I'll eat crow if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I'm not so sure the Javs losing to CWU is baked in the cake now. I haven't been engaged in the season due to business and personal reasons. But a quick look at CWU season to date doesn't show them dominating common opponents with TAMUK. The road trip factor shouldn't be a thing since the Javs have been at home for the last two weeks after taking a road trip to the same state only three weeks ago. So the weekly prep for that game should be almost a carbon copy I would think.

And all the chatter about Angelo being heads and shoulders above the rest had me looking at their play to date. I was expecting to see a bunch of four or five TD win margins for the sheep with horns and they are just not there. Yes, Angelo is very much the favorite in this game on Saturday and if I were putting money on it, I'd put it on Angelo. It's going to be a closer game than many think.
                            Agreed but assuming CW has their QB back and healthier and at home I am assuming the Javs have trouble. MSU could be a spoiler too. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Oh yeah WT has and will be Mediocre.

Kingsville will join the crowd and come back to earth the next few weeks.

Let me have it and I'll eat crow if I am wrong.
                              What will it take for you to eat crow? 10-1 or better is far from mediocre? And chance are looking very good that is how they are going to finish the regular season.

You are just mad West Texas can't make the playoffs this season and Kingsville still has a very good chance at the playoffs.

I'm not going to make any grandiose projections. It just looks like they have a good chance at the playoffs. And I just hope they can pull off a first round win.

Comment

What will it take for you to eat crow? 10-1 or better is far from mediocre? And chance are looking very good that is how they are going to finish the regular season.

You are just mad West Texas can't make the playoffs this season and Kingsville still has a very good chance at the playoffs.

I'm not going to make any grandiose projections. It just looks like they have a good chance at the playoffs. And I just hope they can pull off a first round win.
                                This season? The last time was 2013, the caretaker year for the first McBroom football coach, who inherited the team after Don Carthel was fired in late August.

I think Kingsville's future looks bright!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X