Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I have a friend who sat right behind the CWU bench in Saturday's loss to WT. He said CWU coaches and players were the most "uninspired" bunch he's ever seen. Players didn't talk to coaches and coaches didn't talk to players. It was Deadsville all the way. He was flummoxed and confused with the lack of emotion and communication on the CWU sidelines.

I thought WT came ready to play and played that way.
    Yeah I think WT has the same issues on the road.

They could lose to Western Oregon on the road (twice) and then beat Angelo State at home which happened last year.

The NSIC needs to send a Christmas Card to Western Oregon if the LSC only gets 2 playoff teams and the NSIC gets 4.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      I have a friend who sat right behind the CWU bench in Saturday's loss to WT. He said CWU coaches and players were the most "uninspired" bunch he's ever seen. Players didn't talk to coaches and coaches didn't talk to players. It was Deadsville all the way. He was flummoxed and confused with the lack of emotion and communication on the CWU sidelines.

I thought WT came ready to play and played that way.
      Wasn't there myself, but was texting a friend of mine who made the trip down there. "Uninspired" was the nicest thing he said. He did give props to the stadium, but was shocked that we had been beat so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Wasn't there myself, but was texting a friend of mine who made the trip down there. "Uninspired" was the nicest thing he said. He did give props to the stadium, but was shocked that we had been beat so bad.
        What do you suppose the problem was? Jet lag? Frustration at the quick WT start? Is this the way the coaches work all the time?

I picked CWU to win.

Comment

Week 8 Recap is up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-week-eight-recap/

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
            Zack tends to throw an int in the flat every game. I wonder if it is a holdover from his 6 man HS days. Just more bodies to watch for in the 11 man game

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Zack tends to throw an int in the flat every game. I wonder if it is a holdover from his 6 man HS days. Just more bodies to watch for in the 11 man game
              He was close to throwing another pick 6 earlier in the game.

I think Gerber is probably the best QB in the LSC but the coaching sucks. WT will have a very hard time without him.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Like in the Mines game if I remember right.

Comment

Like in the Mines game if I remember right.
                  And ENMU.

Comment

Nice write-up. I did not know UTPB was so far ahead of MSU. The PB coach let that one get away just like he let the WT game get away. Maybe it's payback for him being such a jerk.

Below are the LSC standings. While Kingsville is not at Angelo's level, they are still well-coached and much improved. There's a big line between them and also-rans CWU and WT. WOU is on the upswing I think. The rest pretty much suck, though this weekend should make things clearer. WNMU should be the last opponent to challenge WT but Hughes can lose to anyone.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...path=football&

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Nice write-up. I did not know UTPB was so far ahead of MSU. The PB coach let that one get away just like he let the WT game get away. Maybe it's payback for him being such a jerk.
                      He also let the Kingsville game get away from him as well. UTPB was up 10-6 with 2:22 left in the game deep in UTPB's own end and they ended up throwing a pick and giving Kingsville the ball at the UTPB 30 allowing Kingsville to score the winning TD with about a minute left on the clock.

Comment

What do you suppose the problem was? Jet lag? Frustration at the quick WT start? Is this the way the coaches work all the time?

I picked CWU to win.
                        We're no strangers to planes, trains and automobiles. QB issues doesn't help, and I think we just got popped in the mouth early.

Comment

Below are the LSC standings. While Kingsville is not at Angelo's level, they are still well-coached and much improved. There's a big line between them and also-rans CWU and WT. WOU is on the upswing I think. The rest pretty much suck, though this weekend should make things clearer. WNMU should be the last opponent to challenge WT but Hughes can lose to anyone.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...path=football&
                          Probably a depth issue. They do not have enough scholarships to recruit 2 deep.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                            He also let the Kingsville game get away from him as well. UTPB was up 10-6 with 2:22 left in the game deep in UTPB's own end and they ended up throwing a pick and giving Kingsville the ball at the UTPB 30 allowing Kingsville to score the winning TD with about a minute left on the clock.
                            I had forgotten about that one!

Comment

I picked CWU to win.
                              Tough playing on the road when the matchup is between PNW and TX or NM teams. On some trips our guys are leaving at 2am and not arriving until late in the evening. For TAMUK they fly into San Antonio, 3+ hrs away, and for WNMU they flew into Tucson, 4+ hrs away and usually don’t have a direct flight. They bussed from Monmouth to Ogden for Weber State game, 800 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Tough playing on the road when the matchup is between PNW and TX or NM teams. On some trips our guys are leaving at 2am and not arriving until late in the evening. For TAMUK they fly into San Antonio, 3+ hrs away, and for WNMU they flew into Tucson, 4+ hrs away and usually don’t have a direct flight. They bussed from Monmouth to Ogden for Weber State game, 800 miles.
                                WT and Kingsville are about 650 miles apart. They also use buses, mostly on backroads as only about 150-200 miles are on interstates, depending on the route taken.

It was about the same distance I used to drive to come up 6-8 times a year from Houston to WT to watch football and softball. I haven't made that trip since 2018.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X