Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! ANGELO #2 IN THE NATION!

To be 100 percent honest, it is simply hard to imagine and believe that Angelo State is #2 in the nation! I think for so many years we all got used to a mediocre program with a sporadic good year thrown in.

It appears as though Girsch IS the man and turned this mediocre program around. Good for him!!!! He is a great guy. And I HOPE the Rams remain undefeated! If so, what a great, great story!

Angelo beat Colorado Mines (ranked team) in OT and easily beat everyone else. They have 3 tough games left. Can they win them? Will they win them and keep this amazing ranking?

Going to be an exciting 4 weeks for Angelo, TAMUK, and CWU. Buckle Up! The "LSC Play-offs" are starting this week!

(Now, this is a serious question: When was the last time an LSC team was ranked #2 in the nation????)

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    To be 100 percent honest, it is simply hard to imagine and believe that Angelo State is #2 in the nation! I think for so many years we all got used to a mediocre program with a sporadic good year thrown in.

It appears as though Girsch IS the man and turned this mediocre program around. Good for him!!!! He is a great guy. And I HOPE the Rams remain undefeated! If so, what a great, great story!

Angelo beat Colorado Mines (ranked team) in OT and easily beat everyone else. They have 3 tough games left. Can they win them? Will they win them and keep this amazing ranking?

Going to be an exciting 4 weeks for Angelo, TAMUK, and CWU. Buckle Up! The "LSC Play-offs" are starting this week!

(Now, this is a serious question: When was the last time an LSC team was ranked #2 in the nation????)
    It was probably Commerce back when they won their NC or for sure the year after when the polls lean on the finish and records of the prior season.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

It was probably Commerce back when they won their NC or for sure the year after when the polls lean on the finish and records of the prior season.
      It was 2017.

CWU was #7. Only loss was to TAMUC.

2017 NCAA Division II football rankings - Wikipedia

Comment

If we do not beat those stinking groveling bottom feeding hogs this weekend that ranking is meaningless.

Comment

So it's been 5 years? And that team won a NC and is now a D1.

Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

It was 2017.

CWU was #7. Only loss was to TAMUC.

2017 NCAA Division II football rankings - Wikipedia
            Yes it was. Their highest-ranking during the season was #2. They fell to 8th by last poll of the season.

Of course after winning the NC, they moved to #1 in post season poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_N...tball_rankings

Comment

I wonder what other team was a #2 before TAMIC in 2017?

Comment

Congrats to the great season the Rams are having. I'll be the first to admit I was completely wrong about the hiring of Girsch. I am never sold on hiring someone on the old coaching staff that was part of the demise of the previous HC. But in this case it has worked out beautifully. I do have to wonder if Commerce and Tarleton were still hanging out in D2 if ASU would be ruling the roost. But all of that is of no concern since they are longer part of the equation. Keep rolling and maybe we will look up and see the Rams playing in McKinney this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Congrats to the great season the Rams are having. I'll be the first to admit I was completely wrong about the hiring of Girsch. I am never sold on hiring someone on the old coaching staff that was part of the demise of the previous HC. But in this case it has worked out beautifully. I do have to wonder if Commerce and Tarleton were still hanging out in D2 if ASU would be ruling the roost. But all of that is of no concern since they are longer part of the equation. Keep rolling and maybe we will look up and see the Rams playing in McKinney this year.
                  Of course not. Commerce just beat a national 20th ranked FCS power SE Louisiana and well on their way to Big 12 admission. Their 1st and 2nd string teams would finish first and second in the LSC and be top 3 in the D2 poll. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Of course not. Commerce just beat a national 20th ranked FCS power SE Louisiana and well on their way to Big 12 admission. Their 1st and 2nd string teams would finish first and second in the LSC and be top 3 in the D2 poll. 😉
                    Hilarious!!!!!

Comment

2nd team might not win the conference but they would beat WT.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Hey wait a minute buddy that is so freaking cocky....uh....yeah you are right.

Comment

Hey wait a minute buddy that is so freaking cocky....uh....yeah you are right.
                          Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Dink & Armstrong are BEASTS. What a tandem!!

I will be missing this week's game (can't believe I am missing homecoming) but will be back for UIW. That should be a great game!!

Enough about the almighty D1 powerhouse Lions! Back to DII football.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              2021 STANDINGS Looks like TAMUC finished in 4th Angelo beat them 30-3. Does that answer your question?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X