Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    My arguments for Mankato not being a #2 is:

1) Mines will be the undefeated, undisputed champion of the RMAC.
    2) Mines only losses were by a field goal to the #1 and #2 teams in the nation (Grand Valley and Angelo State).
    3) One of Mankato's two losses were to a probable 4 or 5 loss team in Northern State.
    4) Mankato will unlikely be an undisputed NSIC champion.

Would I rant on here if Mankato makes it up to #2? No.

I feel that Mines challenged themselves non conference that no other team has come close to doing.

The RMAC is improved with Black Hills, S.D. Mines, and Western Colorado playing above .500 ball along with Pueblo.
    Do I think that Mines is the better team? Yes!

Do I think they may get passed based on the math - if Mankato wins out? Yes...

Mankato will have wins (if it wins out) vs: Bemidji St, Sioux Falls, Winona St, Augustana, and Duluth with losses to Wayne St and Northern St (who already has 6 wins and will finish with a winning record).

A couple of RMAC teams are rising, but that only happens when a couple are falling (Mesa and Chadron).

In the end, the math is the math. It isn't subjective like my opinion. The math will be working for Mankato and how they have done with their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

They will. You heard it hear first. I'm blinded by my CWU Crimson and Black glasses I wear, but I don't care. Upset of the year if CWU beats Angelo in Angelo, but stranger things have happened.
      I hope the travel goes smoothly for our Wildcats.

Do you know the itinerary? Guessing bus to Seattle, ASA494 to San Antonio, then bus to San Angelo. If so, long day.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Do you know the itinerary? Guessing bus to Seattle, ASA494 to San Antonio, then bus to San Angelo. If so, long day.
        Why fly to San Antonio?

I would think flying to Odessa would be closer.

Did they fly straight to Amarillo for the WT game?

Comment

Why don’t they charter into San Angelo itself?

I know when ASU flys they always take a chartered plane. It cant be that much more than tickets to fly commercial.

Of course one of the problems with flying into San Angelo is what you do when they get here. There are no charter bus companies run out of San Angelo. ASU uses busses out of Lubbock, which means they have to drive down from Lubbock to San Angelo empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Why fly to San Antonio?

I would think flying to Odessa would be closer.

Did they fly straight to Amarillo for the WT game?
            From SEA, there are direct flights to DFW, SAN, IAH, AUS, ELP, DAL. I am sure there are connections to the closer airport, just not sure how they would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Why don’t they charter into San Angelo itself?

I know when ASU flys they always take a chartered plane. It cant be that much more than tickets to fly commercial.

Of course one of the problems with flying into San Angelo is what you do when they get here. There are no charter bus companies run out of San Angelo. ASU uses busses out of Lubbock, which means they have to drive down from Lubbock to San Angelo empty.
              That is good information. Not sure if they charter or not.

The TAV, where are you with your travel wisdom!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

and I think most people fans of schools with silo pre dont like them either. But highlighted my point when you said about the administration not being lazy because of silo scheds. You said they do not have to spend money to travel unnecessarily and that is staying sustainable. The silo conferences are hustling the current system. If I do not have to sit down and call schools or field calls from other schools to set up games, I have the same travel cost I know it is to each school in my conference cause it never changes and as you corrected me as I ask you to do if I was incorrect on something ( since nsic is 11 out of 14 then yes you have a chance of sos’s not all being around .500 SOS. ) but I can get at least 3 teams in every yr possibly 5 this yr. That is extra revenue I can create for my conference due to the # of teams I get in the playoffs, remember the ncaa pays for the travel in the playoffs, and I dont have to abide by all of the criteria for playoff teams, ( Silo conferences looked at different w/

1. in region win percentage ( same region games are guaranteed for Silo )
                2. you will never have to worry about win percentage against d2 opponents ( never have to worry about trying to schedule ooc games )
                3 Head to Head competition ( If it was down to the last playoff spot,,,,,say angelo and mines finishes season at 9-2, sos is about the same. but angelo beat mines there for angelo would likely get the nod.)
                4 Results against common opponents ( Angelo and Mines happen to have a common opponent in West texas am last yr. ASu lost and CSM won. Silo Conference common opponents never change.)

The ooc games I listed the last 3 yrs

19. WOU winning record.

21. Lindenwood only d2 lost was to angelo st. until the playoffs / at Chadron was a comeback of 24 and won. chandron finished 6-5

22. this yr. at Mines won.. and this yr the lonestar conference won most of there games against the rmac, so you compare the lsc and rmac this yr definitely but can do that with nsic. Thats like being invited to a spread at work and asking people to bring a dish (whether it is possibly nasty but i still bring one) but one co worker doesnt but expects to eat with everyone else.
                I honestly don’t even know what point you’re trying to make other than you don’t care for the silo schedules.

Again, the silo scheduling sucks for most fans. But it’s sustainable, and that’s important. How’s the LSC’s stability/sustainability lately? They needed the GNAC schools to bail them out to form a conference. And prior to that, fill out 10 games. Otherwise they’d have all the non-conference games you could handle. And many would be against teams like North American and Lincoln (CA), etc.

In the D2 world, more often than not, the playoffs is when you see how teams stack up against each other. Not during non-conference regular season games.

Comment

From SEA, there are direct flights to DFW, SAN, IAH, AUS, ELP, DAL. I am sure there are connections to the closer airport, just not sure how they would do it.
                  If they are flying commercial, the bigger airports that you listed above are probably as close as you can get and then have to bus the remaining three or four hours into San Angelo since only American Eagle flys into San Angelo from DFW. The only planes they fly into San Angelo are the Embraer regional jets that hold a max of about 45 each, which would mean at least two of those flights and we only have three or four scheduled flights a day, depending on the day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X