3 Minnesota State Mankato 8-2 8-2
    4 Bemidji State 8-2 8-2
    5 Winona State 8-2 8-2
    6 Wayne State (NE) 8-2 8-2
    7 Sioux Falls 7-3 7-3
    8 Colorado State University Pueblo 7-3 7-2
    9 Minnesota Duluth 7-3 7-3
    10 Augustana (SD) 6-4 6-4

Kingsville fell off the planet. At least Pueblo has a shot to break up the NSIC monopoly but an upset is needed for that that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      Kingsville fell off the planet. At least Pueblo has a shot to break up the NSIC monopoly but an upset is needed for that that to happen.
      Are you sure there would need to be an upset for CSU-P to jump USF? CSU-P plays a 7-win Black Hills State and USF plays a 1-win Upper Iowa. I guess it depends on the numbers but if those last two spots are close, the boost that CSU-P gets from BHSU’s SOS could leapfrog them over USF due to the hit their SOS will take with a win over Upper Iowa. Of course I have no actual knowledge of how this works.

I also think that the loser of the Minn State and Winona game will stay in the payoffs because they will also have 3 losses, but their SOS will improve based on playing each other.

But as I said in another thread, who knows what will actually happen?

Comment

Pueblo, if they win, will be the 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Pueblo, if they win, will be the 7.
          I think Bemidji or Wayne would have to lose for that to happen.

I think the big question is if they can get a big enough bump from beating Black Hills and Sioux Falls playing a bottom feeder NSIC team.

They may pull the trigger on putting Pueblo in that 7 spot.

Their only losses are to Grand Valley, Western Colorado, and Mines if they win Sunday.

They did embarrass Midwestern State on their home field and MSU will end up with a winning season.

Only thing I could see against that is putting a rematch between Mines and Pueblo first round.

That being said going to be hard to do that with the NSIC teams as well.

Comment

I think the big question is if they can get a big enough bump from beating Black Hills and Sioux Falls playing a bottom feeder NSIC team.

Their only losses are to Grand Valley, Western Colorado, and Mines if they win Sunday.

They did embarrass Midwestern State on their home field and MSU will end up with a winning season.

Only thing I could see against that is putting a rematch between Mines and Pueblo first round.

Remember that teams 5-7 are seeded in ANY order and for that matter, any region. It's said that NCAA is trying to avoid 1st round conf. rematches, but not sure what options are left in SR4.

Comment

Why would they be against that? The NCAA cares about one thing when it comes to D2, saving money.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Why would they be against that? The NCAA cares about one thing when it comes to D2, saving money.
                Reason that redwing said above about 1st round conference rematches but that can be remedied by moving other teams to different regions.

Comment

Reason that redwing said above about 1st round conference rematches but that can be remedied by moving other teams to different regions.
                  Can be, but won't be. It wasn't long ago that Pueblo played @ Mines the 1st round and that could have easily been avoided. They try to avoid having to fly teams places too, same reason they increased the distance required before they pay for flights. Pretty easy to see what their priorities are.

Comment

It's quite possible there will be other non-flight options besides a Mines–Pueblo rematch. Wayne State is within 600 miles of Mines, and Pueblo is within 600 miles of Pittsburg State. That said, I checked what would happen with this weeks rankings but substituting Pueblo for USF, and the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option created a flight elsewhere in the bracket because only two road teams (Winona and Truman) were left within 600 miles of any of Bemidji, Mankato, and Ouachita. But if Indianapolis falls out of the bracket and is replaced by Emporia or NWMSU, either of those teams can drive to Mankato or Ouachita, so that puts the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option back on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                      It's quite possible there will be other non-flight options besides a Mines–Pueblo rematch. Wayne State is within 600 miles of Mines, and Pueblo is within 600 miles of Pittsburg State. That said, I checked what would happen with this weeks rankings but substituting Pueblo for USF, and the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option created a flight elsewhere in the bracket because only two road teams (Winona and Truman) were left within 600 miles of any of Bemidji, Mankato, and Ouachita. But if Indianapolis falls out of the bracket and is replaced by Emporia or NWMSU, either of those teams can drive to Mankato or Ouachita, so that puts the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option back on the table.

Comment

Hmmm. Gee, after 6 years I expected to see WT in the mix here. I must have the wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          Hmmm. Gee, after 6 years I expected to see WT in the mix here. I must have the wrong thread.
                          I think you are looking for this mythical post from the Week 11 Pick'ems thread:

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Thanks Iron Ore for doing the Pick'ems this year. It's been great.

Also thanks for humoring me and letting me see what could have been. To show how important this is, I wanted to show others on the board how just changing a few little things can improve your entire outlook on life.

For instance, the LSC Standings would be as follows if we removed Weeks 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10:

West Texas A&M 5-0
                          Angelo State 5-0
                          TAMU Kingsville. 4-1
                          WNMU 3-2
                          WOU 3-2
                          CWU 2-3
                          Midwestern 2-3
                          UTPB 2-3
                          ENMU 1-4
                          SFU 0-5

See how much better you feel if you just alter reality a little bit with "alternative facts."

Note: For some reason the sarcasm font on my computer is not working so just imagine that this was written with that font, except for the thanks to Iron Ore for his work on this this season; that part is sincere!

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I think you are looking for this mythical post from the Week 11 Pick'ems thread:
                            Yeah, that's it. That'll work!

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                              I am significantly impressed with this discussion, while also admitting to confusion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X