Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herb Street
    replied
    After watching the interview with Coach Lynn, this will be a run-heavy scheme. QBs will need some wheels.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    I just noticed Coach Lynn has his spring roster up. 73 players if I counted correctly. That's less than the 100 or so that started the spring semester.

Only 1 QB, soph Kyle Brown. Coach Lynn told me had found a couple kids at WT with QB experience in HS to help out this spring throwing to receivers.

Obviously, there is a lot of serious recruiting going on behind the scenes. Besides the transfers coming in and the freshman recruiting class, I bet WT coaches are recruiting the hell out of the portal and fielding recruiting requests by the dozens. If you are talented and need a place to start over and get a chance to play right away, WT may fit a lot of players.

I don't see a OL coach listed. That could be a problem for spring ball.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-17-2023, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    WT spring FB game is Saturday, April 22. Kickoff time has not been set yet but will probably be late morning or noon.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    Seeing on the PSAC board that Colorado Mesa grad transfer QB Karst Hunter has been offered by WT. Apparently IUP has offered him as well, which is why it’s on the PSAC board. Any word on whether he’s leaning one way or another?
    No word on how he is leaning..he was in Canyon for a visit last weekend though. I think WT offered him several weeks ago and he just visited. I bet he takes his time and makes all the rounds.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Seeing on the PSAC board that Colorado Mesa grad transfer QB Karst Hunter has been offered by WT. Apparently IUP has offered him as well, which is why it’s on the PSAC board. Any word on whether he’s leaning one way or another?

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Josh Lynn will be front and center on Inside D2 Football in a few hours:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_CLW...ture=emb_title
    This is a really good, well-done interview. Enjoyed watching it - Thanks Brandon

BTW - When do season tickets go on sale?!?
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 03-02-2023, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm not a psychiatrist, I'll cede that moniker to you, but you may be right. Hunter may be like the HS QB who shined at age 17........and lived the rest of his life on the playing fields of good ole Highlight High School.
    Al Bundy Syndrome.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

I enjoyed this and recommend watching it.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    I don't think Hughes ever fully detached from his Pueblo days.

His last twitter post was congratulating Mines on their National championship run and posting pics from his Pueblo days as DC.
    I'm not a psychiatrist, I'll cede that moniker to you, but you may be right. Hunter may be like the HS QB who shined at age 17........and lived the rest of his life on the playing fields of good ole Highlight High School.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-25-2023, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    I don't think Hughes ever fully detached from his Pueblo days.

His last twitter post was congratulating Mines on their National championship run and posting pics from his Pueblo days as DC.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

What was the story on everyone quitting on Hughes last season? Just an accumulation of things or was there an event that took place?

From my outsider perspective he was not willing to adjust and I wonder if that did the players in. I know as a fan it was maddening to watch them try the same thing over and over when it wasn't working. Both on offense and defense
    I don't know. I haven't asked around about it. I have heard the days leading up to the Simon Fraser trip were a total disaster clusterf*ck rebellion whatever you wanna call it. I'll ask around.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I don't think the "culture" thing will be long-time coming. From what I'm hearing it's happening already. Hughes did have players who worked hard with good character and made grades. But, they wound up quitting on HIM. Lynn has a good base to build on.
    What was the story on everyone quitting on Hughes last season? Just an accumulation of things or was there an event that took place?

From my outsider perspective he was not willing to adjust and I wonder if that did the players in. I know as a fan it was maddening to watch them try the same thing over and over when it wasn't working. Both on offense and defense

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Honestly, I think you'll be pleased with Lynn. He builds tough, physical teams and builds em right starting up front. I do think.it will take a few years to get his culture and players in place.
    I don't think the "culture" thing will be long-time coming. From what I'm hearing it's happening already. Hughes did have players who worked hard with good character and made grades. But, they wound up quitting on HIM. Lynn has a good base to build on.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Honestly, I think you'll be pleased with Lynn. He builds tough, physical teams and builds em right starting up front. I do think.it will take a few years to get his culture and players in place.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X