X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loper legionnaire
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Any of you WT insiders know the delay in announcements on Lynn's football staff?
    You've got several of UNK's former coaches, according to Twitter bios.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachGallasWT

https://mobile.twitter.com/WTCoachRuss

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianmvaughn

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Any of you WT insiders know the delay in announcements on Lynn's football staff?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    [QUOTE=Techster88;n734861]

Yes, Pops Allen HS was always stacked because they had so many to choose from. Is it / was it the largest HS in the state?[/QUOTE]

Yes. However, their sports have dropped off as more and more Indians and other Asians are moving in. STEM and the Arts are becoming more popular than sports.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I've seen some recent interactions on Twitter showing the OC Kyser from Kingsville making WT offers. Anyone know much about him?
    He was OC at NM Military for 4 years prior to Kingsville. NMMI was pretty balanced between the run/pass.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I hear ya. That is part of the recipe for success. But top talent is a HUGE ingredient. So when I use the word stacked, like other coaches, I am referring to being stacked with TALENT.
    Yes, Pops Allen HS was always stacked because they had so many to choose from. Is it / was it the largest HS in the state?

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think that talent is often confused with measurables and/or overestimated by fans and sometimes coaches.

If it doesn't show out on the field, there's a good chance it wasn't there to begin with.
    I would agree with you because most only have HS film to go off of.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    I've seen some recent interactions on Twitter showing the OC Kyser from Kingsville making WT offers. Anyone know much about him?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

How are we not connecting in this conversation?

When I speak of talent I speak of TANGIBLE, PROVEN, ON FIELD, GAMEDAY TALENT. As well as SPEED, ATHLETICISM, TOUGHNESS, and PLAYMAKING ABILITY.

Now, you may very well hold your own, different personal opinions, and that's fine.

I use my own 53 years of experience as a player, recruiter, coach, and spectator to determine talent. Partially subjective, mostly objective.
    It's OK. We just define it differently. Maybe I'm a poor communicator, but it's just semantics.

Although I'm sure you are a much better judge of talent than I. My football knowledge is nothing compared to yours.

High school "talent" is not always the same as D2 talent.

I just hear people talking about teams being stacked all the time. only to watch them lose 5 or 6 games in a year. It happens pretty often.

Pretty much every team in the country has 120 to 150 players and they are trying to find 40 who can perform on that day, so does 66 to 75 percent of the talent they worked hard to recruit and develop underperform, or was it really there to begin with?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I think that talent is often confused with measurables and/or overestimated by fans and sometimes coaches.

If it doesn't show out on the field, there's a good chance it wasn't there to begin with.
    How are we not connecting in this conversation?

When I speak of talent I speak of TANGIBLE, PROVEN, ON FIELD, GAMEDAY TALENT. As well as SPEED, ATHLETICISM, TOUGHNESS, and PLAYMAKING ABILITY.

Now, you may very well hold your own, different personal opinions, and that's fine.

I use my own 53 years of experience as a player, recruiter, coach, and spectator to determine talent. Partially subjective, mostly objective.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

I hear ya. That is part of the recipe for success. But top talent is a HUGE ingredient. So when I use the word stacked, like other coaches, I am referring to being stacked with TALENT.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I was thinking more of a politician.

Elect me and you will have an abundance of 3 stars and LSC Championships.
    Who asked you Twiggy?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Talent, buy in, true team culture, continuous improvement, and hard work all have to be there before you can use the word stacked, imo.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I think I heard that about last year also. You're like watching a basketball official. Keep guessing you'll get one right.
    I was thinking more of a politician.

Elect me and you will have an abundance of 3 stars and LSC Championships.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Talent, buy in, true team culture, continuous improvement, and hard work all have to be there before you can use the word stacked, imo.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I think I heard that about last year also. You're like watching a basketball official. Keep guessing you'll get one right.
    WT DID have the talent last season. No doubt! It was the biggest let down in LSC recent history. Just a Three Stooges show!

In '23, there will be even MORE talent. MUCH more. And yes, with 36 FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 01-18-2023, 02:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X