X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Yeah, WT is gonna be STACKED this upcoming year.
    I think I heard that about last year also. You're like watching a basketball official. Keep guessing you'll get one right.

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Thanks, the other one I saw coming to WT is Iziek
    Soper. Looked him up and I don't see any stats from this last season.
    He appeared in 10 games but didn't have much for stats. 5 assisted tackles and a half TFL.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Here's one that just announced he's headed your way. https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...en-israel/7649

He started 7 games last year. 15 tackles, 9 solo, 3.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble
    Thanks, the other one I saw coming to WT is Iziek
    Soper. Looked him up and I don't see any stats from this last season.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Yeah, WT is gonna be STACKED this upcoming year.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Here's one that just announced he's headed your way. https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...en-israel/7649

He started 7 games last year. 15 tackles, 9 solo, 3.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble
    Beast!

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

He's bringing a couple of DL with him...I don't know if they are impact players or not. I haven't looked into it but I can hope they have better size than what Hughes recruited at DL
    Not sure if size was a big target, or if it was just the abundance of Nebraska beef that dictated the size of their DL.

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied

He's bringing a couple of DL with him...I don't know if they are impact players or not. I haven't looked into it but I can hope they have better size than what Hughes recruited at DL

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Their front 7 was pretty good last year. The back end was pretty soft by their standards. 6th in total D, but they were 3rd in scoring D, so total yards don't tell the story very well. In fact, they pretty much tell you nothing.

Kind of a wait and see for me on Gallas.

His predecessor cranked out some solid defenses, but I think 22 was just the 1st or 2nd year at DC for Gallas. He got promoted when the other guy left.

The man coverage that got worked over against Pitt with 12 seconds left probably cost UNK that game.

That was definitely a terrible call on his part. The upside is that the UNK DL has been good for quite while under him as dl coach.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Also, without TJ Davis at QB, the UNK offense was fairly mediocre.

Thatcher cashed in at exactly the right time.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Levi Gallas is now the DC at WT. He gave up 360 ypg at UNK in the MIAA.

WT in 2022 gave up 397 ypg in the LSC.

This is probably an upgrade. We'll see.

Also, Cody Russell, from UNK, is the new WR coach and co-STC.

Thought Lynn would bring his mega-successful OC Drew Thatcher to WT, but Thatcher is now the OC for Army (West Point). Too bad!
    Their front 7 was pretty good last year. The back end was pretty soft by their standards. 6th in total D, but they were 3rd in scoring D, so total yards don't tell the story very well. In fact, they pretty much tell you nothing.

Kind of a wait and see for me on Gallas.

His predecessor cranked out some solid defenses, but I think 22 was just the 1st or 2nd year at DC for Gallas. He got promoted when the other guy left.

The man coverage that got worked over against Pitt with 12 seconds left probably cost UNK that game.

That was definitely a terrible call on his part. The upside is that the UNK DL has been good for quite while under him as dl coach.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 01-14-2023, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Levi Gallas is now the DC at WT. He gave up 360 ypg at UNK in the MIAA.

WT in 2022 gave up 397 ypg in the LSC.

This is probably an upgrade. We'll see.

Also, Cody Russell, from UNK, is the new WR coach and co-STC.

Thought Lynn would bring his mega-successful OC Drew Thatcher to WT, but Thatcher is now the OC for Army (West Point). Too bad!
    Last edited by ASUPops; 01-14-2023, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Looks like a couple of unk coaches have been confirmed as WT coaches per the unk thread in the miaa forum.

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    This does not belong here, but I didn’t want to start a new thread for this and this was the first WT Football thread that I saw.

It appears that WT is not the only school that has uniform problems. TAMU didn’t bring the wrong men’s basketball uniforms to the game last night in Florida, they instead left their uniforms in their hotel rooms and were assessed a technical fouls to start the game for delaying the start while someone returned to the hotel to get the uniforms.

https://footballscoop.com/news/buzz-...dership-lesson

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Any staff announcements yet?
    Not yet. Now that HR is back at work after the break, expect announcements by mid-month.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Any staff announcements yet?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X