X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's ALWAYS tough as a coach, especially college level. It's almost like the military, as far as lots of relocations. Very, very hard on the children.
    Yeah working for the Government I put my family through that a couple of times.

My daughter had some choice words for me the last time.

Now that I have a permanent remote position for as long as I choose/retire we explored the option of moving back to Amarillo but she has made so many friendships down here it would be hard to uproot her again.

We may end up staying down here until she graduates high school.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by texcap View Post

I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. I know that Coach Wagner still has the desire to be a head coach, and is taking steps to make that happen. But, at the same time, he and his family do like Canyon and it will be hard for them to leave.
    I remember doing a head coaching salary search a couple of years back and Tascosa's head coach Ken plunk was making just north of 100K a year so that could be obtainable if any of the 5A schools in the area have an opening.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by texcap View Post

I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. I know that Coach Wagner still has the desire to be a head coach, and is taking steps to make that happen. But, at the same time, he and his family do like Canyon and it will be hard for them to leave.
    I PM'd you

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    Not sure of your source. He's been applying for other jobs ever since he landed at WT.

His preference would be Odessa area.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Any rumors on where Wagner will wind up? He lives a street over from me here in Canyon. I know because of the Canyon High School signs with the last names 😂. Makes me feel bad for the kids.
    It's ALWAYS tough as a coach, especially college level. It's almost like the military, as far as lots of relocations. Very, very hard on the children.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yeah. I heard Wagner and family really really likes living in Canyon. If that's the case, and I were Wagner, I'd look for a good HS job in the area. Coaching is coaching regardless of the level. A good HS job would probably pay more than he was earning at WT. I've heard experienced OC/DC types can make $85-$90K coaching HS in this area. If his wife has a decent job and the kids like their schools, coaching HS might be a really good move at tis point in his career.
    Not sure of your source. He's been applying for other jobs ever since he landed at WT.

His preference would be Odessa area.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I didn't ask about specifics. Be patient.
    Hahaha. Right. People in general are patient.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Any rumors on where Wagner will wind up? He lives a street over from me here in Canyon. I know because of the Canyon High School signs with the last names 😂. Makes me feel bad for the kids.
    Yeah. I heard Wagner and family really really likes living in Canyon. If that's the case, and I were Wagner, I'd look for a good HS job in the area. Coaching is coaching regardless of the level. A good HS job would probably pay more than he was earning at WT. I've heard experienced OC/DC types can make $85-$90K coaching HS in this area. If his wife has a decent job and the kids like their schools, coaching HS might be a really good move at tis point in his career.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

Who’s the new OC? Will they be running the triple option?
    I didn't ask about specifics. Be patient.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

They are for sure behind the 8 ball, but so are some other schools with coaching changes.

Angelo & TAMUK are very much ahead. As are CWU & WOU. Don't know about SFU.

With that said, When Wag came into Angelo, he came in behind the ball on recruiting as well. KWash was signed that year. As was Matthew Gholston & Talon Smith, so you never know!

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    I confirmed that Lynn has completed his staff. Once everyone completes all the HR stuff they will be announced. With school out it'll be a couple of weeks. They ARE out on the recruiting trail.
    They are for sure behind the 8 ball, but so are some other schools with coaching changes.

Angelo & TAMUK are very much ahead. As are CWU & WOU. Don't know about SFU.

With that said, When Wag came into Angelo, he came in behind the ball on recruiting as well. KWash was signed that year. As was Matthew Gholston & Talon Smith, so you never know!

Leave a comment:

• QB11111
    replied
    I confirmed that Lynn has completed his staff. Once everyone completes all the HR stuff they will be announced. With school out it'll be a couple of weeks. They ARE out on the recruiting trail.
    Who’s the new OC? Will they be running the triple option?

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I could see both of them having an immediate impact. Hughes had some talented players, they were two good ones
    Hughes had a LOT of talent. Just poor coaching and schemes. If majority of players stay, Lynn will have a blast putting in his systems.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pitt State has picked up 2 WT players out of the portal. Not sure if they're any good or not.

Carson Otworth and Zane Madison.
    GREAT GRAB!!

Maddie is a beast. Has always been a beast. Played center & dl in HS. Helluva baseball player too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X