Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
    The Fairly Club Room at Buffalo Stadium was packed SRO today for the press conference to introduce Josh Lynn as HC. To say Josh Lynn is enthusiastic and excited to be at WT is a huge understatement. If enthusiasm could automatically translate into winning, the Buffs will go undefeated.
    Has anyone heard if he is keeping any of the current coaching staff?

Comment

That is still being determined. Also he is not sure about some of his current staff at Kearney. A couple might come with him but he doesn’t know yet. His focus is try to get a staff on board ASAP and start recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I've been dealing with Stage 3 Cancer all year. Finally had my last surgery last week. The Cancer is gone so I guess God is not done with me yet.
        My Mother beat breast cancer this year. Glad you’re still here!

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I've been dealing with Stage 3 Cancer all year. Finally had my last surgery last week. The Cancer is gone so I guess God is not done with me yet.
          Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Has anyone heard if he is keeping any of the current coaching staff?
            Hopefully not. There needs to be a full purge and Lynn to have his own staff 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Hopefully not. There needs to be a full purge and Lynn to have his own staff 100%.
              Normally, I'd say yes.....but during this transition and recruiting period it would be advantages to maintain 1-2 coaches and maybe a few GAs as well.

This will aid Lynn in learning the roster and recruits. If not, he will be behind the 8 ball by at keast a full year.

I would maintain a few coaches/GAs until at least after spring....but probably give a 1 year contract.

Comment

It truly baffles me trying to understand Lynn's decision to come to WT. All I've heard is WT only gives a 1 year contract to its coaches.

Lynn had a GUARANTEED contract through 2025 with a program he just turned around and started winning with. His players loved him and his QB1 is returning for a final year.

As a father, do I take the guaranteed salary for the next 3 seasons, or gamble that away for only a one year guarantee?

I mean $130k a year PLUS lucrative incentives pushing over $200k. You DON'T just walk away from a 3 year guarantee like that for a one year $225k.

The only reason I can see is that he believes he can build WT into a juggernaut in a weaker conference than the MIAA. Because NOTHING else makes sense.

And WT is becoming known as a revolving door even for its most successful HC (Carthel).

Yeah, this is a head scratcher. There must be more to this story than we know. Something is not right.....

Read this:

https://www.hastingstribune.com/spor...a3d61ec61.html

"If loyalty is the heart and soul of meaningful relationships, then the architect and leader who laid the foundation, and created plans for the rise of Loper Football, have shown us the full extent of his character."

Apparently not.
                Last edited by ASUPops; 12-16-2022, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  It truly baffles me trying to understand Lynn's decision to come to WT. All I've heard is WT only gives a 1cyear contract to its coaches.

Lynn had a GUARANTEED contract through 2025 with a program he just turned around and started winning with. His players love him and his QB1 is returning for a final year.

As a father, do I take the guaranteed salary for the next 3 seasons, or gamble that away for only a one year guarantee?

I nean $130k a year PLUS a lucrative incentives pushing over $200k. You DON'T just walk away from a 3 year guarantee ike that for a one year $225k.

The only reason I can see is that he believes he can build WT into a juggernaut in a weaker conference than the MIAA. Because NOTHING else makes sense.

And WT is becoming known as a revolving door even for its most successful HC (Carthel).

Yeah, this is a head scratcher. There must be more to this story than we know. Something is not right.....

Read this:

"If loyalty is the heart and soul of meaningful relationships, then the architect and leader who laid the foundation, and created plans for the rise of Loper Football, have shown us the full extent of his character."

Apparently not.
                  It may be as easy as wanting to be closer to home and family in New Mexico.

Even though WT only offers one-year contracts they show that they are willing to give multiple years to turn things around.

If this was on the table in 2015 this would have been a bad move when the LSC was stronger.

Now all WT basically has to do is schedule well in non-conference games and be the best of the mediocre behind Angelo State.

I would assume Lynn would throw most of the scholarships at the defense and look at the academic guys for the OL and RB's for a possible running attack.

Could be speaking out of my arse on all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

It may be as easy as wanting to be closer to home and family in New Mexico.

Even though WT only offers one-year contracts they show that they are willing to give multiple years to turn things around.

If this was on the table in 2015 this would have been a bad move when the LSC was stronger.

Now all WT basically has to do is schedule well in non-conference games and be the best of the mediocre behind Angelo State.

I would assume Lynn would throw most of the scholarships at the defense and look at the academic guys for the OL and RB's for a possible running attack.

Could be speaking out of my arse on all of it.
                    Nah. That makes sense. I just still do not get it.

I like Lynn. And I like WT. It just doesn't feel right to me.

With that said, I am.probably wrong.

We'll see.

Comment

It truly baffles me trying to understand Lynn's decision to come to WT. All I've heard is WT only gives a 1cyear contract to its coaches.

Lynn had a GUARANTEED contract through 2025 with a program he just turned around and started winning with. His players love him and his QB1 is returning for a final year.

I nean $130k a year PLUS a lucrative incentives pushing over $200k. You DON'T just walk away from a 3 year guarantee ike that for a one year $225k.

Read this:

Apparently not.
                      Good Grief - here we go with the one-year contract thing again. Look at how long coaches have stayed at Wt on one-year contracts. The current example is Tom Brown, who has turned down D1 offers. Add to that list coaches who won a Natty. Coach B in softball. Current Coach Mook again in Softball and VB coach Kendra Potts. How about Rick Cooper, MBB coach for 20+ years. Bob Schneider once again 20+ years. We have a men's
                      soccer coach that has been with WT for over 30 years. All on one-year contracts. It's really simple - do your job and you can stay as long as you want.

No one holds moving up against a coach, or a player via the portal. How about coaches and players who move for other reasons? (commonly referred to as personal reasons) I know what you are thinking, "Those are just minor sports they don't count." However, it shows a trend in the manner in which Wt deals with its coaches. If you don't like it, don't coach at Wt. If I remember correctly that happened with a FB coach that was in the running for the job when Hughs was hired. My understanding is that it was the deciding factor. Would that coach have still been here?? Coaching is a profession where moving up is a sign of success. Some coaches simply measure success on a different scale.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Good Grief - here we go with the one-year contract thing again. Look at how long coaches have stayed at Wt on one-year contracts. The current example is Tom Brown, who has turned down D1 offers. Add to that list coaches who won a Natty. Coach B in softball. Current Coach Mook again in Softball and VB coach Kendra Potts. How about Rick Cooper, MBB coach for 20+ years. Bob Schneider once again 20+ years. We have a men's
                        soccer coach that has been with WT for over 30 years. All on one-year contracts. It's really simple - do your job and you can stay as long as you want.

No one holds moving up against a coach, or a player via the portal. How about coaches and players who move for other reasons? (commonly referred to as personal reasons) I know what you are thinking, "Those are just minor sports they don't count." However, it shows a trend in the manner in which Wt deals with its coaches. If you don't like it, don't coach at Wt. If I remember correctly that happened with a FB coach that was in the running for the job when Hughs was hired. My understanding is that it was the deciding factor. Would that coach have still been here?? Coaching is a profession where moving up is a sign of success. Some coaches simply measure success on a different scale.
                        And this is why WT has never had a Football natty in 112 years!! And only 6 Bowl appearances in 112 years!

Win all the women sports natty's you want, but until your FOOTBALL program becomes nationally competitive, your program is irrelevant.

Comment

And this is why WT has never had a Football natty in 112 years!! And only 6 Bowl appearances in 112 years!

Win all the women sports natty's you want, but until your FOOTBALL program becomes nationally competitive, your football program is irrelevant.
                          Fixed it for ya.

BTW - I really hate it when your right. IMHO Lynn will make FB relevant again.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Fixed it for ya.

I think he will but can he make WT football GREAT again? That remains to be seen. Like I said before, this is a safe hire, not a great one. I think we will have 7-8 wins in 2023 if Lynn can find a QB because Caleb is not going to cut it, no matter what offense is used.

I watched the video of Lynn's introduction. What's up with McBroom hugging him? He did the same with Hughes, look how that turned out. Also Lynn made a spine-chilling comment about the 4th and 5th year players pushing the team to be better (paraphrased). That sounded Hunteresque.

I'm thinking both guys should be wearing better shoes at press conferences. Someone get their sizes and go over to Payless and pick up a couple of pair. Is it still 2 pairs for $5? ;)

I remember in 2013, the infamous Nesbitt caretaker year, that ENMU beat us by a point thanks to a 2 point conversion. I remember the ENMU coach at the time saying something to the effect of "why not go for it, we hadn't beaten them in many years". I was impressed. Lynn was that coach, and he had a great record against Nesbitt, even beating us twice one year.

It's not going too far out on a limb to predict that WT will beat SFU next year!

Comment

Fixed it for ya.

From your mouth to GOD'S ears.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's not going too far out on a limb to predict that WT will beat SFU next year!
                                If they don’t, well…probably best not to think about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X