Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Beard

Just because Beard used to coach at Angelo, I’m going to post this in the LSC chat:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-strangle-her

Of course she got paid off to retract her statement. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post
    Just because Beard used to coach at Angelo, I’m going to post this in the LSC chat:

Of course she got paid off to retract her statement. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?
    Who cares.

Comment

Most battered women don't report the incident, and a huge percentage of those who do, later retract their statements.
      You assuming that she was paid off speaks volumes about you.

Comment

Just my guess Texas uses an ethical clause to terminate his contract and he resurfaces at some mid major program in 2024.

Just because she retracts doesn't mean the Austin DA wont continue to pursue charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Most battered women don't report the incident, and a huge percentage of those who do, later retract their statements.
          There was a complete police report, pictures of him biting her and bruising her, and a 911 call immediately after the incident. You can have your opinions and I can have mine. Don’t bring character into a message board when you don’t even know me. I’m not speaking of violence against women…I am talking about Chris Beard and this specific incident.

Comment

There was a complete police report, pictures of him biting her and bruising her, and a 911 call immediately after the incident. You can have your opinions and I can have mine. Don’t bring character into a message board when you don’t even know me. I’m not speaking of violence against women…I am talking about Chris Beard and this specific incident.
            Obviously, the relationship is toxic. If the report wasn’t real life this bizarre description of events sounds like something out of a movie. Weird to say the least. She said she was the aggressor. I don’t doubt that either. These people need help.

I will be completely honest there have been some women throughout my life that needed an Azz whipping. Too easy to just leave. I can tell you it has been effective for me 100% of the time throughout my life. Still batting 1000.

I would have already fired him under poor conduct code. Talk about a black eye for the University you represent.

Let him go somewhere else. Let some other basketball crazed school hire him and his baggage. He will get another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Who cares.
              I'll second that.

Comment

I've been trying to remember the last time I bit someone. I'm thinking it's never happened, at least past the age of 1 or 2.

I know it's fine for Mike Tyson, but only if someone were choking me, I might do it as a last resort. Either then or fighting a guy on the wing of a moving 747, just before yelling "Yippee Ki Yay..."

https://youtu.be/OXIcaOzFVeQ?t=76

What a great Christmas movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

This is true. Back in early 90s one summer I interned at the District Attorneys office in one of the large counties here in Texas. The division I worked in was the intake department which processed paper work law enforcement would submit for the investigators and staff attorneys to give their stamps of approval to move the case to the Grand Jury. It was also the department where a victim of domestic violence would go to drop charges and a huge number of them were dropped. Almost 100% of the time, it was due to monetary reasons. These poor women were scarred to death they end up on the streets or worse. The only time the DAs office refused is if law enforcement submitted evidence that elevated to more than bodily injury. The DAs offices hands were tied. I’d hear the disgust from the investigators and they would tell me when one of these victims left that she would be back and when. It’s was like a revolving door.

Time have kind of changed since then. But Austin is one of those rare holes in the ground in this state where the DA is turning a blind eye to stuff that used to get even some serious probation or fines just short of jail time. Domestic violence might be an exception especially with higher profile individuals. The “me too” movement in Austin if it’s still a thing won’t allow it.

Comment

Just saw online that Texas has fired Coach Beard.

Comment

It's apparent he doesn't get it from reading the back and forth attorney letters released today.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                        Just my guess Texas uses an ethical clause to terminate his contract and he resurfaces at some mid major program in 2024.

Just because she retracts doesn't mean the Austin DA wont continue to pursue charges.
                        So far I am half right.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'll second that.
                          I'll third that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

So far I am half right.
                            Hahahahaha. Did ANYONE doubt Del Conte was going to can Beard???

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Hahahahaha. Did ANYONE doubt Del Conte was going to can Beard???
                              Well since his fiancee "retracted" and APD may have dropped charges there might have been a very small chance but yeah all signs pointed to it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X