Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    There is no doubt that Heidi will start 2 games against Angelo.
    I am thinking: Vortherms - Lair - Vorthems
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I am thinking: Vortherms - Lair - Vorthems
      I think the middle starter will be Emilee. We'll see which one, but I would vote for Wilson.

Comment

I think the middle starter will be Emilee. We'll see which one, but I would vote for Wilson.
        I would probably save Wilson in case one of the other two got in trouble.

Comment

WR_TKW,
          Both wrong, Lair with the start

Comment

Welcome back Miss. Lair. 6.2 innings of one-hit ball. Started the game and pitched 6 innings. Came back in with one out in the 7th to close it out.
            Boyer with a 2 run home run. Two games tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              WR_TKW,
              Both wrong, Lair with the start
              Yes. Lair had rarely been used this year. I’m happy she did so well.

Comment

Yes. Lair had rarely been used this year. I’m happy she did so well.
                It was a fun but tense game to watch. I never felt sure till it was over. Today will be the proof in the pudding.

Comment

WT sweeps Angelo on the road. Today's games took about 8 hours, with the first game going 12 innings. I love softball but today was just too long!

Mook decided to go retro, starting 2021's A team of Lair and Wilson, with Lair winning the first 2 games. Wilson pitched the first half of the 12 inning game, allowing 1 run.

Ace pitchers Vortherm and Parrish were eaten alive by Angelo. I think Boyer did well in relief in the 3rd game.

Comment

The encouraging thing for Wt was no errors, while ASU committed 7.
                    It was clear Wt's defense was improved in the early season games.
                    Compared to last season Wt is better in all areas of the game.
                    Pitching and defense will carry a team. It appears they will generate the needed offense.
                    Wt is averaging 8 runs per game with a BA of .322 and OB% of .392, good numbers.
                    They have given up 25 runs in 12 games. (83 innings)
                    The opposition is batting .175.
                    I am sure there will be hitting slumps, there always are. However, the pitching should
                    be able to carry the team through those.

This is going to be fun.

Comment

WT sweeps UTPB, allowing no runs in any game. Today's match featured a perfect 7 inning game by Kyra Lair.

Next week will be a big challenge as the Lady Buffs visit #2 UT Tyler. That should be a great series.

Comment

WT sweeps UTPB, allowing no runs in any game. Today's match featured a perfect 7 inning game by Kyra Lair.

Next week will be a big challenge as the Lady Buffs visit #2 UT Tyler. That should be a great series.
                        Compared to last year when WT was middle of the pack in hitting, pitching, and fielding, a glance at the stats tells a lot. 1st in pitching, 2nd in hitting, 2nd in fielding. So far, and it's early, the results line up with the stats.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-26-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

WT lost all 3 games to UT Tyler this weekend. Only in the second game did they have a chance to win, but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What happened? Their best pitcher is a lot better than any of ours. Their hitters hit better and are much faster than ours, enabling them to get on base with marginal hits. Their catchers are able tag out runners at the plate whereas ours get the ball on time but seem bewildered when a batter slides. If a Tyler player strikes out they sprint to first base while ours do not.

It's early and Mook teams tend to finish strongly, but WT has to improve a lot before they can play at the same level as Tyler.

Comment

I see WTAMU football has CWU then Angelo, back to back. That should determine the Buffs season and playoffs.

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

Comment

WT sweeps MSU with a combined score of 27-2.

Next up: TWU.

Comment

WT sweeps MSU with a combined score of 27-2.

Next up: TWU.
                                Didn't WT just get swept by UT Tyler??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X