Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Don't forget your life preserver. Have fun!

A repositioning cruise?
    Yes, I'll be getting off the ship tomorrow and flying from London to Copenhagen. A week after that I will fly to Orlando and take an 11 day cruise that ends in NYC. That one was a price I couldn't resist.

Comment

WT swept a very good LCU team this weekend. In today's game starter Kyra Lair gave up 5 runs in 3.1 innings. WT had to battle back from a 5-1 deficit but thanks to exceptional pitching by the underrated Emilee Wilson, WT finally took the win, 8-3 in 11 innings. Wilson pitched the final 7.1 scoreless innings.

WT is now 43-5 for the season and improving. However they don't have the speed that UT Tyler has. I'm not sure how they can overcome that, but Coach Mook may yet find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        WT swept a very good LCU team this weekend. In today's game starter, Kyra Lair gave up 5 runs in 3.1 innings. WT had to battle back from a 5-1 deficit but thanks to exceptional pitching by the underrated Emilee Wilson, WT finally took the win, 8-3 in 11 innings. Wilson pitched the final 7.1 scoreless innings.

WT is now 43-5 for the season and improving. However, they don't have the speed that UT Tyler has. I'm not sure how they can overcome that, but Coach Mook may yet find a way.
        Great series, this team (Wt) has a chance to make a deep run. Just because Emille's role is out of the bullpen does not mean she is underrated. I am a little concerned about Lair. In the last few games, she has not been as sharp as normal. When we played UT Tyler I was impressed with the depth of their pitching. The regional rankings will be interesting.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Great series, this team (Wt) has a chance to make a deep run. Just because Emille's role is out of the bullpen does not mean she is underrated. I am a little concerned about Lair. In the last few games, she has not been as sharp as normal. When we played UT Tyler I was impressed with the depth of their pitching. The regional rankings will be interesting.
          I predict it will be UT-Tyler, WT, Co Christian for top 3

Comment

WT managed to sweep always difficult Cameron and will be heading to Tyler for the LSC championship series on Thursday. I'm thinking about going, is anyone else? Here's the initial bracket:

Comment

The 4 and 5 match-up should be a good game. I'll take LCU. Wt and UT Tyler should be in the finals.

If Wt wins the LSC Tournament, would they host the regional??

Comment

Why do y'all follow/support softball and not baseball?? Because softball has a good team?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  Why do y'all follow/support softball and not baseball?? Because softball has a good team?
                  Some do follow baseball. I met a number of the softball players who worked at the football games. I didn't even know we had a softball team. I figured it would be lame, but they are really good, and nice people too.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                    The 4 and 5 match-up should be a good game. I'll take LCU. Wt and UT Tyler should be in the finals.

If Wt wins the LSC Tournament, would they host the regional??
                    I am not sure but I believe Tyler and WT can both host regionals, depending on W/L record. Right now Tyler has 5 more wins and 1 less loss than WT.

Comment

My guess is because the baseball team has underachieved and the softball team is in great position to make another regionals trip.

WT did split a 4 game series with 1st place ASU over the weekend.

That should gives them some confidence going into the LSC baseball tournament.

Comment

Baseball was my best sport. I lived baseball. I was a pitcher/catcher/clean-up hitter on 2 Babe Ruth teams that made the national tournament and the same for 2 Oklahoma American Legion state championship teams. Today, I rarely watch a baseball game on TV, even the World Series. I've been to WT baseball games. Meh.

Watching Lady Buff softball is just a helluva lot more fun. You are right up on the field. Games seem to go quicker. And......the Lady Buffs WIN! 2 NC's speak for themselves. 46-5 this year ain't Swiss cheese. Plus you get to watch the same girls play for 4 or 5 years. Baseball is full of 1 and 2 year transfers. EVERY single season......a revolving door of new players new transfers......it's just not the same buy in.

406 fans at the last home softball game. You might get 50 (on a good day) for a baseball game. The juice just ain't there.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-01-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I am not sure but I believe Tyler and WT can both host regionals, depending on W/L record. Right now Tyler has 5 more wins and 1 less loss than WT.
                          Yes, they could each host a sub-regional. The highest seed winner of the subs gets to host the regional finals.

Comment

Baseball was my best sport. I lived baseball. I was a pitcher/catcher/clean-up hitter on 2 Babe Ruth teams that made the national tournament and the same for 2 Oklahoma American Legion state championship teams. Today, I rarely watch a baseball game on TV, even the World Series. I've been to WT baseball games. Meh.

Watching Lady Buff softball is just a helluva lot more fun. You are right up on the field. Games seem to go quicker. And......the Lady Buffs WIN! 2 NC's speak for themselves. 46-5 this year ain't Swiss cheese. Plus you get to watch the same girls play for 4 or 5 years. Baseball is full of 1 and 2 year transfers. EVERY single season......a revolving door of new players new transfers......it's just not the same buy in.

406 fans at the last home softball game. You might get 50 (on a good day) for a baseball game. The juice just ain't there.
                            THIS!

Comment

Some do follow baseball. I met a number of the softball players who worked at the football games. I didn't even know we had a softball team. I figured it would be lame, but they are really good, and nice people too.
                              Ohhh, right. You told me this before. I forgot. Make sense.

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X