Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Gonna have to do your own pick'em then.
    I hope not, though Islander/Buffalo will likely win anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Ok Chooch!
      Thanks bonch!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Thanks bonch!
        Your missing the points. You could play any position for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Thanks bonch!
          And that's so foul.....but, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Comment

Your missing the points. You could play any position for the Broncos.
            I could, the Broncos are terrible, always happy when that is the case.

Comment

And that's so foul.....but, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Comment

Are there any Football NAIA schools that are NCAA in all other sports?
                Used to be... aren't anymore and I'm not certain whether it's still allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Used to be... aren't anymore and I'm not certain whether it's still allowed.
                  Me either.

Comment

SAGU, WBU or TX Wesleyan looking to move over?

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                      I know WOU isn't going to go back to NAIA or cut football, at least not right now. I appreciate the LSC reaching out. Look, the NCAA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT D2 and D3, same with FCS. If SFU wants to play Canadian and D2 in all other sports, they should let them. Right now the NCAA is letting all coaches in America tamper off other rosters. That should be the death penalty, but it isn't. WOU maybe should explore indy status, and before some east coaster or Texan tells me no, it's better than NOT HAVING FOOTBALL. WOU has been to 3 post-season playoffs in 50 years, all NAIA. It's not like we'd be losing our shot at the NCAA title. The NCAA should just let all of us play indy or Canadian, or timbuck2 ball, they don't care about us anyway. Why are these divisions and leagues so damn important? If WOU didn't play in the LSC not one resident on the West Coast could name the schools in the conference unless they attended.

If they're going to allow tampering they need to allow SFU to do what it wants in football and keep D2 status and WOU and CWU to play Indy if they want.

* Note: RMAC is full, no openings.
                      The RMAC has 10 football schools, so if they even wanted to go to 12 schools, CWU and WOU would at least be a somewhat decent fit. The RMAC could follow the CIAA scheduling pattern (2 OOC, 3 cross-over/interdivision, 5 intra-division) and it could still work (though I'm sure New Mexico Highlands wouldn't be overly thrilled about that prospect) ... and it's for football only, so it wouldn't gum up the rest of their sports. Not saying it will happen, but there's certainly a path for that to happen in the long term.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I, for one, appreciate and enjoy having CWU and WOU in the football LSC. Despite WOU owning WT, it's enjoyable to watch competition from a different geographical sphere. Those who may wish for CWU and WOU to go away sometime in the future should beware of that desire.

I remember the Texas-school hubris when the LSC discarded the Oklahoma schools. It wasn't long before the LSC faced an existential crisis in football. Like many fans, I "looked down" at the Okies and said good riddance. In retrospect it was a huge mistake to usher the Okies to the back door. Let's not make the same mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Yeah, there's been lots of talk about going FCS. CWU doesn't have the budget or the facilities to do it and doesn't have the donor base to make it happen.
                          What about the d3 conference? Whitfield, Linfield, etc. Heck, SFU is playing Linfield.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

What about the d3 conference? Whitfield, Linfield, etc. Heck, SFU is playing Linfield.
                            God, no. Outside of Linfield it is AWFUL football. Linfield wins almost every game by scores of 55-10. No scholarships, minimal recruiting, awful talent. Only Whitworth can challenge Linfield.

Also, that conference has a rule of no state schools. A long time ago there was the Columbia Football Association with all these schools: WOU, CWU, WWU, Oregon Tech, Simon Fraser, Eastern Oregon, and Southern Oregon as the state schools. The private schools were Linfield, PLU (when they were really good), Puget Sound, Willamette, Lewis & Clark, and Whitworth. Pacific dropped football and has since brought it back; George Fox also brought back football.

Linfield started a movement to never play public schools again, the rest of the Northwest Conference (part of the CFA) joined in, and they all went from NAIA to D3, removed all scholarships and PLU, Willamette, and Lewis & Clark, really decided to de-emphasize athletics. Linfield hangs onto their win streak as they pound the little sisters of the poor. It is really, really bad football and horrible basketball right now, as in no talent anywhere. Yes, Linfield gave SFU a lifeline with next year's game and might have played them last year.

When CWU started getting really good in football, Puget Sound, Linfield, and Lewis & Clark made the most noise, complaining up a storm, saying the state schools weren't "like minded" to the private schools. They broke up a great football conference and in turn it force Oregon Tech to cut football and then WWU to eliminate it.

The D3's won't play any U.S state schools.

Comment

The Frontier football playing schools need to reclassify to Division II.

I did some digging yesterday and I don't see a big benefit to staying in the NAIA. At worst, it's a slightly positive move. At best, it helps secure athletics in the Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                The Frontier football playing schools need to reclassify to Division II.

I did some digging yesterday and I don't see a big benefit to staying in the NAIA. At worst, it's a slightly positive move. At best, it helps secure athletics in the Northwest.
                                Good digging, I'm not sure why they stay NAIA. Southern and Eastern Oregon have many 14-hour (1-way) bus rides to Montana. They would have some in D2, but also play Western Oregon, SFU, and CWU, still a ways, but much closer. College of Idaho and Carroll College are NAIA fully-funded for football with 24 scholarships each, I think that's significantly more than Western Oregon.

It would be a tremendous league if the Frontier went D2 and invited SFU, WOU, and CWU. Southern Oregon has been pretty good over the years, EOU has their moments, College of Idaho is really good as is Carroll. I think the lower rung teams, Western Montana, Northern Montana, Rocky Mountain, etc., would yell the loudest against the move, sort of like those D3 schools who raised a sh-t storm about state schools. My experience on the Frontier is they'll never leave NAIA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X