Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not trying to be a douche just genuinely curious comment/question.

How are the metrics different when the Texas D2 schools jump to D1?
    I'll work on that in the future.

A quick glance.

WT would be 109/126 in budget in FCS. ($45,765,630 is largest in FCS - WT is $11,352,991)
    WT would be 236/253 in budget in all D1. ($169,000,000 is largest in D1).

ASU would be 122/126 in budget in FCS. ($7,388,564)
    ASU would be 260/253 in budget in all D1.

*****These rankings are not precise. I will edit them later.*********

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'll work on that in the future.

A quick glance.

WT would be 109/126 in budget in FCS. ($45,765,630 is largest in FCS - WT is $11,352,991)
      WT would be 236/253 in budget in all D1. ($169,000,000 is largest in D1).

ASU would be 122/126 in budget in FCS. ($7,388,564)
      ASU would be 260/253 in budget in all D1.

DI has a huge economic disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

DI has a huge economic disparity.
        It's staggering. I didn't know it was that high. I thought $100 million was the top. There are 30 schools with $100 million or more.

Comment

It's staggering. I didn't know it was that high. I thought $100 million was the top. There are 30 schools with $100 million or more.
          And the bottom is near $10MM

Bigger disparity than FCS of DII

Comment

Disregard those numbers I gave earlier. The numbers for non-football schools didn't populate. I'll correct them tonight when I get home rather than trying to do it from school.

Comment

Disregard those numbers I gave earlier. The numbers for non-football schools didn't populate. I'll correct them tonight when I get home rather than trying to do it from school.
              If you don't have time I completely get it and understand.

I would be curious what the numbers were for the Texas Schools (ACU, Tarleton, Commerce, IW) their last year of D2 and their numbers currently in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If you don't have time I completely get it and understand.

I would be curious what the numbers were for the Texas Schools (ACU, Tarleton, Commerce, IW) their last year of D2 and their numbers currently in FCS.
                Yes, I would love to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I disagree.

The Oklahoma schools were "pushed" out by the Texas schools. The rumble was that the Oklahoma schools were inferior and insufficient in resources and if they "decided" to leave the remaining LSC Texas schools "wouldn't stand in their way." Had the LSC, the Texas Presidents and AD's, made a concerted effort to implore the Okie schools to stay and address their differences, the breakup never would have happened. It was kind of like a long-term marriage breakup, where one party was still ready to be wooed but the other party was holding the exit door open as they oiled the door hinges.
                  They weren't pushed out. They saw an opportunity to pair with Arkansas schools and thus give them more of an opportunity to be competitive. Could or should have the LSC made a stronger push to keep them in the fold? That is definitely a question up for debate. There are some in Oklahoma that want an all D2 Oklahoma Conference which would shake up the MIAA and the Great American. I don't see it happening. Although Northeastern could possibly be pulled away as their results in the MIAA have been atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

They weren't pushed out. They saw an opportunity to pair with Arkansas schools and thus give them more of an opportunity to be competitive. Could or should have the LSC made a stronger push to keep them in the fold? That is definitely a question up for debate. There are some in Oklahoma that want an all D2 Oklahoma Conference which would shake up the MIAA and the Great American. I don't see it happening. Although Northeastern could possibly be pulled away as their results in the MIAA have been atrocious.
                    There was a lot of "don't let the door kick 'em in the ass" sentimentality when the Okie schools left.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X