Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

STARTERS on the LSC's top 5 teams can easily play FCS. They may or may not be starters or stars, but they do have the same talent level at most positions. There are plenty of FCS and even FBS talent on DII teams.

Here is an actual situation that took place: a FCS team offered 4 DL. All committed. A week before NLI, a star RB leaves the team, putting the FCS team in a bad situation. The FCS team pulls an offer to the #4 DL on their board to use the schollie for a RB. This DL kid was no longer being recruited because his HS coach told all inquiries that he already committed. Long story short, he wound up at WT.

This scenario and others similar happen EVERY year!!

I can also tell you some players choose DII over DI for various reasons.

My middle son received offers from NDS, Western Kentucky, and Notre Dame. Notre Dame pulled their offer. My son originally committed to NDS, but hated the idea of living 5 years in snow and freezing temps. He pulled his commitment. He also turned down Western K. When word got out, he was courted by 2 more DI & 6 DII recruiters, including Gaskamp at Angelo. Gas convinced him that Angelo was the best place for him. I often wondered what my boy would have done with 4 FCS NC rings from NDS. Haha.
    Great story.

I am sure he would have humbly flashed the bling!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I have seen it play out both ways.

D2 over FCS for playing time but the risk you run there is you may not get a full scholarship to play D2 ball unless you can supplement with an athletic one.

I actually have a couple of friends of mine in the 90s that turned down playing for Southwestern Oklahoma State and went to D1AA schools to ride the bench.

Reason for that is their focus was graduating from Pharmacy School and knew they weren't going to go to the NFL after college.

They were happy with not being starters.

The D1AA schools they went to they were able to earn full scholarships and concentrate more on their Pharmacy studies.

Back then Southwestern Oklahoma State didn't offer any full rides (probably not now either) and their pharmacy standards were grueling and not athlete friendly.
      That is very unusual for a bench warmer. FCS splits scholarships like DIIs, they just have more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

STARTERS on the LSC's top 5 teams can easily play FCS. They may or may not be starters or stars, but they do have the same talent level at most positions. There are plenty of FCS and even FBS talent on DII teams.

Here is an actual situation that took place: a FCS team offered 4 DL. All committed. A week before NLI, a star RB leaves the team, putting the FCS team in a bad situation. The FCS team pulls an offer to the #4 DL on their board to use the schollie for a RB. This DL kid was no longer being recruited because his HS coach told all inquiries that he already committed. Long story short, he wound up at WT.

This scenario and others similar happen EVERY year!!

I can also tell you some players choose DII over DI for various reasons.

My middle son received offers from NDS, Western Kentucky, and Notre Dame. Notre Dame pulled their offer. My son originally committed to NDS, but hated the idea of living 5 years in snow and freezing temps. He pulled his commitment. He also turned down Western K. When word got out, he was courted by 2 more DI & 6 DII recruiters, including Gaskamp at Angelo. Gas convinced him that Angelo was the best place for him. I often wondered what my boy would have done with 4 FCS NC rings from NDS. Haha.
        So you could've been NDSU Pops? Imagine what this board would've been like without you going back and forth with the Buffaloons, Buffalo/Islander Girl, that pothead from Colorado Pueblo, and Hitler from Comerce , aka Lion Fan?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

So you could've been NDSU Pops? Imagine what this board would've been like without you going back and forth with the Buffaloons, Buffalo/Islander Girl, that pothead from Colorado Pueblo, and Hitler from Comerce , aka Lion Fan?

Actually....I started off as ASUPop in '09. I got pissed in '13 or early '14 and asked Brandon to delete my account. 707

So, I used ASUPops to rejoin.

Therefore, I would have been NDSUPop. ;)

Comment

Realistic options for WOU and CWU are to scrimmage each other or FCS EWU/PSU. Could possibly include ID & ID ST as options.
            As mentioned by others there are downsides to scrimmaging conference teams and nearby FCS teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
              Realistic options for WOU and CWU are to scrimmage each other or FCS EWU/PSU. Could possibly include ID & ID ST as options.
              As mentioned by others there are downsides to scrimmaging conference teams and nearby FCS teams.
              I was thinking, just because it is now allowed, are some coaches going to forgo the option or possibly only scrimmage D3's or NAIA'S?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X