Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
    Turbonium, I am impacted because I am a WT alum and I don’t want WT perverted by evil progressive liberal ideology. If you can’t see this is a terrible trend in our society, then you are either a liberal who condones it or have your head in the sand. I applaud Dr. Wendler for his leadership in fighting the encroachment of evil on the WT campus.
    So you like freedom until it's expresed by those who don't agree with you? What a patriot you must feel like. You're not impacted at all besides being a snowflake who can't handle any belief different than your own. Keep melting.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Yeah, why did I get so upset when the WTCs collapsed? Didn't affect my life.
      It didn't??? It did me. I lost two childhood buddies.

It is ignorant for you to compare the two. You are better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Yeah, why did I get so upset when the WTCs collapsed? Didn't affect my life.
        What a weird post. Do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So you like freedom until it's expresed by those who don't agree with you? What a patriot you must feel like. You're not impacted at all besides being a snowflake who can't handle any belief different than your own. Keep melting.
          Well, he has a right to his beliefs, but doesn't have the right to force them on others.

look, I am not a "progressive", whatever that means. But, I don't want to be stuck in the past either. I lOVE somethings from the past and some things now and coming in the future. For me, it's all about balance.

But, NEVER should anyone FORCE their beliefs on anyone else. Everyone has the right to believe and feel how they wish.

And really, this has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with cultures. Forced beliefs. (FYI...I am a proud Christian).

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Well, he has a right to his beliefs, but doesn't have the right to force them on others.

look, I am not a "progressive", whatever that means. But, I don't want to be stuck in the past either. I lOVE somethings from the past and some things now and coming in the future. For me, it's all about balance.

But, NEVER should anyone FORCE their beliefs on anyone else. Everyone has the right to believe and feel how they wish.

And really, this has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with cultures. Forced beliefs. (FYI...I am a proud Christian).
            Agreed, we all have the right to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Agreed, we all have the right to be wrong.

An absolute veracious statement.

Comment

Most mainstream religions have a very long history of forcing beliefs on others. They also don't exist separately from culture, when cultures have religious principles deeply ingrained.

It's really tough to separate religion from the rest. It's a most dangerous tool in the wrong hands.
                Last edited by Predatory Primates; 04-27-2023, 07:28 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n753238]

(FYI...I am a proud Christian).

“Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.”

Proverbs 16:5

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Most mainstream religions have a very long history of forcing beliefs on others. They also don't exist separately from culture, when cultures have religious principles deeply ingrained.

It's really tough to separate religion from the rest. It's a most dangerous tool in the wrong hands.
                    “But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.” Ezekiel 33:6

Comment

So if the president at WT believes it’s inappropriate to allow drag queens on campus to live out their sexual fantasies and influence young minds he’s sexist, racist, homophobic, fat-phobic, transphobic, pedophilia-phobic, stripper-phobic, phobic-phobic (or some other nonsense), he’s wrong? Didn’t someone just say that everyone has the right to be wrong? And didn’t someone else say that everyone has the right to believe and feel how they wish?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                        So if the president at WT believes it’s inappropriate to allow drag queens on campus to live out their sexual fantasies and influence young minds he’s sexist, racist, homophobic, fat-phobic, transphobic, pedophilia-phobic, stripper-phobic, phobic-phobic (or some other nonsense), he’s wrong? Didn’t someone just say that everyone has the right to be wrong? And didn’t someone else say that everyone has the right to believe and feel how they wish?
                        Belief is fine. Even if it is bigotted. Abusing a position at a publicly funded university as a cudgel to beat your beliefs into others is not fine.

Comment

[QUOTE=Herb Street;n753267]

(FYI...I am a proud Christian).

“Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.”

Proverbs 16:5
                          😂😂😂 WOW! Look in the mirror.

Every time I think you have descended to your lowest level, you surprise me and go one step lower.

I am embarrassed for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                            100%. President Wendler has the right to his personal beliefs!! However, he can't force those beliefs on university employees or students.

I believe the drag thing was just the final straw.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                              Only 17% (271 out of 1552) faculty members actually voted. Why so few? Fear of retaliation? Maybe. Apathy? Maybe because it’s non-binding and requires the A&M BOR action for removal from office. Or possibly because most faculty members don’t want a Dylan Mulvaney for homecoming queen. It’s sick that apparently 69% (187) of those that voted do want WT to become drag queen university.
                              I did not know that it was a vote was about the university becoming a drag queen university.

Comment

I am neither.

WOW!!!! Well at least we know where you stand. I respect that.

I bet the house if it were your way there wouldn't any of those "black folks" at YOUR WT either. Unless they can help YOUR sports teams.

Thank GOD we have great Americans that PROTECT the RIGHTS of EVERYONE. Thank GOD we have loving, compassionate people in this country.
                                As long as they keep the Irish out, I am okay....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X