Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I thought Matocha was a senior last year and was done? Shows what I know.

He was the QB for Magnolia West High School which is 18 miles away from where I live and is well known and followed down here.

I hold the hope as well for NSIC and MIAA non conference games as long as they don't fill the holes in conference or try to expand.

That second place LSC team needs to step up from the pack and have 3 (probable 2) losses to get in there.
    Matocha and McLeod are both c/o 2019. McLeod redshirted his freshman year. Mines '22 roster has them as Sr and RSJr respectively as if COVID year didn't happen. So, Matacha has one year of eligibility remaining and McLeod has two.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

1. CWU
      23. Simon Fraser

Nobody's beating Simon Fraser this year.

Comment

Neither is WT losing to Simon Fraser this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          No one is losing to Simon Fraser this year.
          Fixed it for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Fixed it for ya.
            Hughes may try and lose to SF again.

Comment

Hughes may try and lose to SF again.
              😂😂

Comment

I don't see Kingsville dropping as low as 5th. They could be anywhere from #1 to #4 at the end of the season. Angelo, Central Washington, WT, and Kingsville should finish in the top 4. It could be another year or 2 before WT could win the conference, but they should be better this season.

After the way Kingsville flamed out last season, I am not getting my hopes up until at least October 1st. Kingsville flame out last season overcooked my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I thought Matocha was a senior last year and was done? Shows what I know.

He was the QB for Magnolia West High School which is 18 miles away from where I live and is well known and followed down here.

I hold the hope as well for NSIC and MIAA non conference games as long as they don't fill the holes in conference or try to expand.

That second place LSC team needs to step up from the pack and have 3 (probable 2) losses to get in there.
                  Seems SPWOU beat me to it re: the Mines players. Thanks for catching that.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post
                    I don't see Kingsville dropping as low as 5th. They could be anywhere from #1 to #4 at the end of the season. Angelo, Central Washington, WT, and Kingsville should finish in the top 4. It could be another year or 2 before WT could win the conference, but they should be better this season.

After the way Kingsville flamed out last season, I am not getting my hopes up until at least October 1st. Kingsville flame out last season overcooked my hope.
                    WT will win the conference this year and the Region next year. Remember y’all heard it from Uranus.

Comment

Some of that talent moved on. I agree about last year. Now that Hughes is gone, I've heard a few horror stories from on the field and in the locker room (not counting the team boycott/quit flame at the end of the season).

However, so far, when you look at the committed transfers Lynn and staff have added, it's very possible those holes have and are being plugged. I also get the feeling from a few people close to the program that Lynn and Gallegos are better judges of talent AND are better recruiters. They are judiciously adding parts to the team.

WT's success or not this year, IMO, will come down to how quickly Lynn can get his team on the same page and get his culture and style ingrained. You know.....coaching.

It's early still. Offers to transfers are still out there. Many players are still waiting for that just right D1 offer to come through. Late commits from guys taken off the recruiting board by D1's will happen in the next several weeks.

As you mentioned, Hughes did have talent on the team and the cupboard he left was not bare. Lynn doesn't need to "turn the program around" as much as head the Herd in the right direction. It's sure as hell going to be interesting to watch the Buffs this fall. And, it's going to be a fascinating year for LSC fans.

As of now, I see it:

Angelo
                      CWU
                      WT
                      Kingsville
                      UTPB
                      WOU
                      Midwesterm
                      ENMU
                      WNMU

In the back of my mind, I keep tossing around a feeling you could take the top 6 or 7 and pick their end-of-season finish out of a hat.
                      Care to elaborate on some of the horror stories you've heard?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

WT will win the conference this year and the Region next year. Remember y’all heard it from Uranus.
                        Sounds about like what I hear from my anus.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          I anticipate Angelo not being at the 1 spot. Maybe 4th?

CWU is a ? to me.

I think Kingsville has a breakout season.

WTAMU will be much better this year. Loaded with talent.

I was expecting UTPB to be an "up n comer", but really don't know what to expect with coaching changes. However, they have TONS of talent!

MSU Texas..Mediocre team.

The others will be towards yhe bottom.

https://twitter.com/thecfbnetwork/st...XiVk8aHxw&s=19

This poll disagrees

Unless you are just sandbagging like a nw fan. If so, never mind.

Comment

I would like to see Kingsville have a breakout season, though.

Only because it reminds me of the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              I would like to see Kingsville have a breakout season, though.

Only because it reminds me of the old days.

It would remind me of the old days too.
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

https://twitter.com/thecfbnetwork/st...XiVk8aHxw&s=19

This poll disagrees

Unless you are just sandbagging like a nw fan. If so, never mind.
                                I can't open your link

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X