Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT DALLAS JOINING LSC

https://utdcomets.com/news/2023/7/19...onference.aspx

Oh joy another NON FOOTBALL school joining the LSC.

At least CWU and WO can rest easy. Is this the replacement for Ark Ft Smith leaving as if anyone noticed?

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

At least CWU and WO can rest easy. Is this the replacement for Ark Ft Smith leaving as if anyone noticed?
    Some talk started taking place around UT-D about adding football in the future. There is a large plot of land that my fiance' (UT-D alum) told me would be the location for football facilities if they decide to add the sport.

Up until this point, many students didn't want football because they have a fairly large foreign student presence. However, the school is growing and more students and Alum are asking for football to be added.

We'll see what happens, but I would guess it would be 5 years out, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Some talk started taking place around UT-D about adding football in the future. There is a large plot of land that my fiance' (UT-D alum) told me would be the location for football facilities if they decide to add the sport.

Up until this point, many students didn't want football because they have a fairly large foreign student presence. However, the school is growing and more students and Alum are asking for football to be added.

UT Dallas is still undefeated in football. At least that is what the UT Tyler President like to crow about.

Comment

UT Dallas is still undefeated in football. At least that is what the UT Tyler President like to crow about.
        😂😂

Comment

If nothing else, UT-Dallas was the last of the UT system schools to be below the D2 ranks. If UTD decides to add football in the future, that at least gives the Dallas-Fort Worth market a presence in the D2 football ranks which fills a void left with TAMU-Commerce and Tarleton State moving up (even though the two schools were in the outer fringes of DFW, Commerce and Stephenville are still considered part of the DFW market).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I'm trying to picture where on the UTD campus a potential football stadium and associated facilities would be located. I know that part of Richardson (the portion which straddles the Dallas/Collin County line) has been growing in recent years and the area along Renner Road has seen a lot of construction growth.

IIRC, UT-Dallas was essentially an offshoot of an institute founded by Texas Instruments in the early 1960s before the state acquired it in 1969 as a post-graduate (Masters and Doctoral) only school. UTD began offering undergraduate programs in the mid-1970s, so it's not much of a surprise that athletics aren't as significant of a priority than, say, UTSA or UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I'm trying to picture where on the UTD campus a potential football stadium and associated facilities would be located. I know that part of Richardson (the portion which straddles the Dallas/Collin County line) has been growing in recent years and the area along Renner Road has seen a lot of construction growth.

IIRC, UT-Dallas was essentially an offshoot of an institute founded by Texas Instruments in the early 1960s before the state acquired it in 1969 as a post-graduate (Masters and Doctoral) only school. UTD began offering undergraduate programs in the mid-1970s, so it's not much of a surprise that athletics aren't as significant of a priority than, say, UTSA or UTPB.
              I believe it's between N. Floyd & Armstrong off Campbell.

Your history is correct. Mr. McDermott & Green were very instrumental in establishing UTD.....it started as Southwest Center for Advanced Studies until '69 or '70 when it became UTD.

I knew Margaret (Ms.Mc) McDermott fairly well. Ms Mc had a fondness for me because I was from Brooklyn (Mr Mcdermott's hometown). She gave a great deal to healthcare & the arts. But never heard about any interests in sports or supporting sports.

Comment

WT football is winless against Simon Fraser, Eastern New Mexico, Texas Womens, Cameron, UT-Dallas, and UT-Tyler since 2021. Time to drop Football. ;)

Comment

I thought that it was in the Texas Constitution that any public school had to have football; now you tell me this isn't true?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I thought that it was in the Texas Constitution that any public school had to have football; now you tell me this isn't true?
                    That message didn't get through to UT-Arlington...

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

😂😂

I find it unconstitutional!!!

Comment

All right! UTD Comets - reigning NCAA Chess Champions planning to play college football! This should be interesting.

Comment

Concordia University- Austin. Are they next to move to D2?

Comment

Football is the only Lone Star Conference sport that I follow, so I won't miss Arkansas Ft. Smith. Hopefully UT Dallas will add football in my lifetime.
                            Last edited by crixus; 07-21-2023, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Football is the only Lone Star Conference sport that I follow, so I won't miss Arkansas Ft. Smith. Hopefully UT Dallas will add football in my lifetime.
                              Maybe UT Dallas can get the Dallas Cowboys to play in D2 as part of their school. I believe they would be in the top 20 in D2!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X