Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Games

The Week 2 Preview will be up tonight. Big week for the LSC in non-conference games.

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    The Week 2 Preview will be up tonight. Big week for the LSC in non-conference games.
    I liked your preview for this week. Yeah, Kingsville is a bit of an underdog. But it's a good thing it's a home game for them. If they had to travel all the way to Georgia I would be more concerned about a 10 to 21 point loss.

If Kannon Williams is the starter and plays the whole game at quarterback, I think there is a good chance they will pull it off. If he can get over 200 yards passing and Kingsville avoids self-inflicted trouble with turnovers, they could put together a nice win. The running game seemed to have some good moments last week and the defense did really good.

My main concerns are at quarterback and the o-line. If those spots get solidified, it will be an interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

I liked your preview for this week. Yeah, Kingsville is a bit of an underdog. But it's a good thing it's a home game for them. If they had to travel all the way to Georgia I would be more concerned about a 10 to 21 point loss.

If Kannon Williams is the starter and plays the whole game at quarterback, I think there is a good chance they will pull it off. If he can get over 200 yards passing and Kingsville avoids self-inflicted trouble with turnovers, they could put together a nice win. The running game seemed to have some good moments last week and the defense did really good.

My main concerns are at quarterback and the o-line. If those spots get solidified, it will be an interesting game.
      If Kingsville is strong on both sides of the ball, they can certainly win it. That’s been their major issue though. UWG gave up a lot of yards last week but not many points so maybe there’s a possible opening for TAMUK’s offense. Williams did look good last week, I agree.

Comment

If Kingsville is strong on both sides of the ball, they can certainly win it. That’s been their major issue though. UWG gave up a lot of yards last week but not many points so maybe there’s a possible opening for TAMUK’s offense. Williams did look good last week, I agree.
        I was looking at the game notes that UWG put out. It looks like their defense gave up a bunch of yards but was strong in the red zone defense. Could go either way.

Kingsville needs to walk a fine line. They need to play like they have something to prove every week. They can't get cocky and they can't give up with the first sign of adversity like they did last year.

Should be a fun week. I'm rooting for West Texas to get a win this week. And Sul Ross might make things interesting by knocking off ENMU.

Comment

Feel like we have a lot of questions that we'll get answers for this week:

-Cant wait for Mines vs Angelo State - playoff implications right off the bat, final season for Matocha. Think we all just kind of assumed Angelo would be down a bit but not sure how true that is now.

-Just how good is UTPB? Buzzsaw or pretender against a real, tough, hard nosed opponent this week?

-WT showed flashes of stuff but all at different times last week. Can they put it all together? Are we gonna get a full fledged QB controversy after this week?

-Can Kingsville bite down on their mouthpiece and show some toughness against a team that is gonna come out swinging?

This is a fun week, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanMachineOffense View Post

-Cant wait for Mines vs Angelo State - playoff implications right off the bat, final season for Matocha. Think we all just kind of assumed Angelo would be down a bit but not sure how true that is now.

-Just how good is UTPB? Buzzsaw or pretender against a real, tough, hard nosed opponent this week?

-WT showed flashes of stuff but all at different times last week. Can they put it all together? Are we gonna get a full fledged QB controversy after this week?

-Can Kingsville bite down on their mouthpiece and show some toughness against a team that is gonna come out swinging?

On another note, what’s the deal with Midwestern? They seem to be playing far below what they normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

On another note, what’s the deal with Midwestern? They seem to be playing far below what they normally do.
              I never got around to watching that game.

Was it Midwestern who had like, their spring game cancelled or something because they didn't have enough players? Am I dreaming that? I think it was Midwestern?

Somebody help me out here.

Comment

EXCELLENT PREVIEW.

I apologize to you Fenn. When you first stepped in as the LSC Columnist, I doubted you would do very well. However, now in your 2nd season, I think you might be the best we've had!

Very thorough recaps and previews. Your writing style is fun and easy to read.

I certainly appreciate ALL your hard work.

​​​​​​​Thank you SIR!!!

Comment

Which team.is "yours".

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

You are correct. Might be time for Maskill to retire.

He normally fields a competitive team, year in and year out. 5 COY awards with the last in '21. His record 156-65 (.706), Is AMAZING!!! Making him better than both Don Carthel & Colby Carthel.

I fear that his style is no longer attractive to recruits and not sure he can adapt at this point.

The question is....do you show him respect and give him an opportunity to rebuild or do you cut ties and bring in a younger, modern coach?

I mean he is in his 22nd season. No other LSC coach has that type of tenure. Not sure where he ranks in all of DII.

Personally, I like when the old guard MSU-Texas, WT, Angelo, and TAMUK are in the top 4. I hate when ANY of those teams are down.

Comment

Handy link to the preview: https://www.d2football.com/lsc-week-...eek-2-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Which team.is "yours".
                        Not sure I have one. Neither of my degrees came from a school with football.

I have lived in several places in LSC, GAC, and GSC due to work and military service and I pretty much just follow the conferences and follow players l like to watch/storylines/etc.

Comment

You are correct. Might be time for Maskill to retire.

He normally fields a competitive team, year in and year out. 5 COY awards with the last in '21. His record 156-65 (.706), Is AMAZING!!! Making him better than both Don Carthel & Colby Carthel.

I fear that his style is no longer attractive to recruits and not sure he can adapt at this point.

The question is....do you show him respect and give him an opportunity to rebuild or do you cut ties and bring in a younger, modern coach?

I mean he is in his 22nd season. No other LSC coach has that type of tenure. Not sure where he ranks in all of DII.

Personally, I like when the old guard MSU-Texas, WT, Angelo, and TAMUK are in the top 4. I hate when ANY of those teams are down.
                          I think Denny Douds from East Stroudsburg is the record holder for longest D2 coach at 45 seasons:

https://psacsports.org/news/2022/7/2...l-of-fame.aspx
                          Last edited by cwfenn; 09-08-2023, 10:34 AM.

Comment

EXCELLENT PREVIEW.

I apologize to you Fenn. When you first stepped in as the LSC Columnist, I doubted you would do very well. However, now in your 2nd season, I think you might be the best we've had!

Very thorough recaps and previews. Your writing style is fun and easy to read.

I certainly appreciate ALL your hard work.

Thank you SIR!!!
                            Thank you, I appreciate it.

Comment

Curious how many kids Matocha has…he really has been there forever, hasn’t he?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X