Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK

Javelinas beat #18 West Georgia 20-17. It looks promising for the Hoggies again. We started the season last year with a 7-0 record before meeting Angelo State and losing the last 5 games including a Bowl game! It’s the Javelina’s turn this year, I hope! It looks like we have a promising new QB. The worm has to turn. Next up, Western New Mexico!

Unless the offense starts contributing, we are not going to beat many good teams.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
      Javelinas beat #18 West Georgia 20-17. It looks promising for the Hoggies again. We started the season last year with a 7-0 record before meeting Angelo State and losing the last 5 games including a Bowl game! It’s the Javelina’s turn this year, I hope! It looks like we have a promising new QB. The worm has to turn. Next up, Western New Mexico!
      Last year, you played no one in the 1st half of the season. This year, you just beat a top 20 team. Big difference.

Hogs are on the rise!

Comment

Defense still ahead of the offense, but it’s still a 2-0 record with a win over a team that was 8-3 in 2022.

Don’t fall into the WNMU trap next week with a tougher schedule coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
          Well earned win and congratulations; but I wouldn't read too much into it. You forced 6 turnovers yet only won by 3 points. I think if you were to view historical scores of college games in which the loser had 6 turnovers, you'd probably find a margin of victory closer to 30 points. Pick 6 notwithstanding but for the most part you didn't turn them into points.

Our best RB didn't make the trio (not sure why) but 169 yards on 10 carries last week) or we would have punched that one in from the 1 yard line. \We clearly have QB issues. Whitlock had zero TDs and one INT last week.

Now I know what a javelina is. I've been saying it with a "J" up to now. We don't have them in GA, plus I threw the javelin in college so it seemed logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

Well earned win and congratulations; but I wouldn't read too much into it. You forced 6 turnovers yet only won by 3 points. I think if you were to view historical scores of college games in which the loser had 6 turnovers, you'd probably find a margin of victory closer to 30 points. Pick 6 notwithstanding but for the most part you didn't turn them into points.

Our best RB didn't make the trio (not sure why) but 169 yards on 10 carries last week) or we would have punched that one in from the 1 yard line. \We clearly have QB issues. Whitlock had zero TDs and one INT last week.

Now I know what a javelina is. I've been saying it with a "J" up to now. We don't have them in GA, plus I threw the javelin in college so it seemed logical.
            How bout JUST congratulating the team that BEAT you. 🙄

Something caused 6 turnovers!

You gave a passive-aggressive congratulations. "Congrats on the win, BUT....."

There are TWO sides of football, offense and DEFENSE. Defense wins championships. Your team got beat by defense 4 picks and 2 fumbles. . No matter how you try to justify why your team got beat, it's a 1 in the loss column.

Good luck the rest of your season. UWG is a good team!!
            Last edited by ASUPops; 09-10-2023, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I did just that. If you don't see it that's on you.

Comment

Colorado Mesa (who Kingsville beat in week 1) went to D1 San Diego and won 28-21 in OT. SD doesn’t look like they’re at all good, but they’re still D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                  I did just that. If you don't see it that's on you.
                  Okay, I guess it's on ME. 😂😂 🙄

You DIDN'T follow with "but".

SMDH.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                    Colorado Mesa (who Kingsville beat in week 1) went to D1 San Diego and won 28-21 in OT. SD doesn’t look like they’re at all good, but they’re still D1.
                    Good point. That will help with strength of schedule. And WGU definitely has a chance to get 8 or more wins this season if they stick with the the quarterback they used in the second half and they keep their 3 running backs healthy.

And to Braves '86, missing one of your running backs probably didn't cost y'all the game. Kingsville is good against the run. And half of his 169 yards in week one came on one carry. Kingsville hasn't been giving up big plays on the ground. If the quarterback WGU used in the second half would have played the whole game, the final score might have been better for WGU.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Something caused 6 turnovers!

You gave a passive-aggressive congratulations. "Congrats on the win, BUT....."

There are TWO sides of football, offense and DEFENSE. Defense wins championships. Your team got beat by defense 4 picks and 2 fumbles. . No matter how you try to justify why your team got beat, it's a 1 in the loss column.

Good luck the rest of your season. UWG is a good team!!
                      That logic sounds good to me.

If WT didn't turn the ball over 6 times last year against Kingsville they would have destroyed them and marched into the playoffs with Hughes raising the national championship trophy. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

That logic sounds good to me.

If WT didn't turn the ball over 6 times last year against Kingsville they would have destroyed them and marched into the playoffs with Hughes raising the national championship trophy. ;)
                        🤣

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Good point. That will help with strength of schedule. And WGU definitely has a chance to get 8 or more wins this season if they stick with the the quarterback they used in the second half and they keep their 3 running backs healthy.

And to Braves '86, missing one of your running backs probably didn't cost y'all the game. Kingsville is good against the run. And half of his 169 yards in week one came on one carry. Kingsville hasn't been giving up big plays on the ground. If the quarterback WGU used in the second half would have played the whole game, the final score might have been better for WGU.
                          Playing any games outside of DII will not help your SOS.

Comment

Saw the top 25. I would have had TAMUK in it this week, probably at the #23 spot where they have Assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                              Saw the top 25. I would have had TAMUK in it this week, probably at the #23 spot where they have Assumption.
                              I think Kingsville would rather have a playoff berth than a top 25 ranking. That ranking didn't stay very long last year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X