Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Don't be so grouchy that your team is already out of the playoff picture after only 3 games. It makes you look pretty.
    And here I thought it was my Spanish sun kissed skin. Thanks man, appreciate it.

As far as my team, Valencia is looking okay after beating Atletico Madrid 3-0 this weekend. Don't think a top 4 spot for Champions League is doable but maybe they'll qualify for Europa.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 09-20-2023, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
      The powers that be have always surprised us how they rank! It’s not consistent. Look at how they kept Ferris State at #1 after a loss. They also kept Angelo State in the top 25 with a 1-2 record. I’m glad TAMUK has played all D2 teams as I agree with other posts that beating a D1 team or losing to an NAIA team should not inflate or deflate the teams respectively. The Javelinas are off this coming weekend but meeting UTPB on the 30th. That game will be a reckoning and I’m pulling for the Hoggies!
      So you think Ferris, the back to back D2 champion, should not be #1 due to losing on the road by 7 to a very good FCS team?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
        The powers that be have always surprised us how they rank! It’s not consistent. Look at how they kept Ferris State at #1 after a loss. They also kept Angelo State in the top 25 with a 1-2 record. I’m glad TAMUK has played all D2 teams as I agree with other posts that beating a D1 team or losing to an NAIA team should not inflate or deflate the teams respectively. The Javelinas are off this coming weekend but meeting UTPB on the 30th. That game will be a reckoning and I’m pulling for the Hoggies!
        Literally very few people give a $hit about the Top 25 D2 poll.

Ferris State didn't play Texas Southern, they played a very tough FCS ranked Montana team at home.

Montana beat Washington on the road in 2021.

Ferris State has earned the right to stay #1 until a D2 team beats them.

Angelo State started out in the top 10 I think. They should drop out if they lose another game.

The regional rankings is all that matters.

Kingsville could finish #1 in the nation in the top 25 poll but if they finish #3 in the regional rankings (just an example) then they have 2+ road games in the playoffs.

If Kingsville can win 90%+ of their games then they should be ok in both polls since they didn't play cream puffs the first two games like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

And here I thought it was my Spanish sun kissed skin. Thanks man, appreciate it.

As far as my team, Valencia is looking okay after beating Atletico Madrid 3-0 this weekend. Don't think a top 4 spot for Champions League is doable but maybe they'll qualify for Europa.
          Dang auto correct. Meant petty.

Comment

Is your AD still looking at underskirts in grocery stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Two Harbors Tycoon View Post
              Is your AD still looking at underskirts in grocery stores?

Does anybody remember in 2019 Tarelton state team that was national championship ready. A top ranking in the country but got a 2 seed, had to play commerce again and lost at home in tne playoffs? They decided to opened there brand new stadium and play Doane Uni. DIII and also played and dominated Carhel lead Stephen. F austin!!!! Mankato got the 1 seed because they played an all d2 schedule. They had to go to Mankato the yr before and we’re dominating that game until a blizzard came in the 3rd quarter and end up losing the game.

asu in 21 was a 2 seed and was not even ranked in one of the pills…..finished 2nd on the conference lost to msu who won rhe lsc. Who then went up to cwu and lost. Cwu schedule was terrible ( not there fault ) wou 2 twice and Simon frasier twice. I think they went 7 and 1 n d2 games and msu had 2 division 2 loses. They chose to play Tarelton who was now a fcs schoo and missed the playoffs and asu went.
              because the 2 Non cofetnce team Asu beat. Lindenwood - who them ran the table and Chardon st. Who end up finishing 6-5 gave asu and strong strength of schedule. I won’t worry about playoffs until regional rankong
              come out. I’m worried about our jr high special teams at the moment. Other that that I’m ok. 7 games left is a whole 2 months of anything can happen. Certain schools started off hot the last couple of yrs and then faded out. That’s why I take it week by week. They are kids and you don’t know they may do week by week.

Win your games a won’t have to worry about what other teams are doing. Kingaville did themselves a favor by playing 2 d2 non conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

Does anybody remember in 2019 Tarelton state team that was national championship ready. A top ranking in the country but got a 2 seed, had to play commerce again and lost at home in tne playoffs? They decided to opened there brand new stadium and play Doane Uni. DIII and also played and dominated Carhel lead Stephen. F austin!!!! Mankato got the 1 seed because they played an all d2 schedule. They had to go to Mankato the yr before and we’re dominating that game until a blizzard came in the 3rd quarter and end up losing the game.

asu in 21 was a 2 seed and was not even ranked in one of the pills…..finished 2nd on the conference lost to msu who won rhe lsc. Who then went up to cwu and lost. Cwu schedule was terrible ( not there fault ) wou 2 twice and Simon frasier twice. I think they went 7 and 1 n d2 games and msu had 2 division 2 loses. They chose to play Tarelton who was now a fcs schoo and missed the playoffs and asu went.
                because the 2 Non cofetnce team Asu beat. Lindenwood - who them ran the table and Chardon st. Who end up finishing 6-5 gave asu and strong strength of schedule. I won’t worry about playoffs until regional rankong
                come out. I’m worried about our jr high special teams at the moment. Other that that I’m ok. 7 games left is a whole 2 months of anything can happen. Certain schools started off hot the last couple of yrs and then faded out. That’s why I take it week by week. They are kids and you don’t know they may do week by week.

Win your games a won’t have to worry about what other teams are doing. Kingaville did themselves a favor by playing 2 d2 non conference games.
                Agree 100%.

Last year Colo Mines lost 1st 2 games 1 to Angelo, and went on to play for the Natty. Kingsville was 7-0 and dropped final 4 games, knocked out of play-offs.

ANYTHING can happen during ANY year and EVERY week matters. just take it week by week.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Agree 100%.

Last year Colo Mines lost 1st 2 games 1 to Angelo, and went on to play for the Natty. Kingsville was 7-0 and dropped final 4 games, knocked out of play-offs.

ANYTHING can happen during ANY year and EVERY week matters. just take it week by week.
                  In Kingsville's case last year we really didn't know what they had because they went full cream puff non conference and were exposed later in the year.

This year they have beaten a decent Mesa and a really good West Georgia team.

I am not 100% on that train overall but they are much improved from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

In Kingsville's case last year we really didn't know what they had because they went full cream puff non conference and were exposed later in the year.

This year they have beaten a decent Mesa and a really good West Georgia team.

I am not 100% on that train overall but they are much improved from what I have seen.
                    My point to ASUfam&fan is he was right, you can't tell what the season holds after a few games. I used Mines & TAMUK as examples from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

That’s funny Spanish sun kissed skin. I think growing up in Texas we think all Spanish people are supposed to be brown. These folks for the most part are Native American. I met a brother and sister at Tech from Spain blonde hair blue eyes. Culture shock for me. I got schooled on what was a Spaniard and what was a Spanish speaking person.

haha Btw I have a lot of Texican cousins. Great family get togethers

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That’s funny Spanish sun kissed skin. I think growing up in Texas we think all Spanish people are supposed to be brown. These folks for the most part are Native American. I met a brother and sister at Tech from Spain blonde hair blue eyes. Culture shock for me. I got schooled on what was a Spaniard and what was a Spanish speaking person.

haha Btw I have a lot of Texican cousins. Great family get togethers
                        People certainly have a very set image when they think of the Spainish individual but there is a very wide range of skin tones, eye color, and hair color here of course. The other shock to some is that Spanish food is not at all spicy. I get warned at the market every time I buy habaneros that they are very spicy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X