Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Too bad IFs and BUTs are not candy and nuts.

I will be shocked if WT rebounds against Angelo so no, they won’t run the table.
    "run the table" is one of the WT faithful's favorite terms!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Congratulations to CWU. Maybe Lynn can consult with Hunter Hughes about how to play CWU. Hughes never lost to them.

I know it’s Lynn’s first year but what happened to McCoy-Gay and the rest of the running game? He looked great early in the season.

I’m a Tyler Sweet fan but what does Lynn have against Noah? He’s been great his whole career, exited the transfer portal once Hughes was fired, and is barely used.

I don’t have a good feeling about how things are going. A mannequin should have been able to provide better coaching than Hughes. Instead we look to have a worse record than last year. This is a nightmare I would REALLY like to wake up from. Meanwhile the new coach at UTPB will win LSC Coach of the Year.

Ok Chip you are up. Tell us how great Lynn is going to be (just like when you said it about Nesbitt and Hughes). 😉
      There are some things that I don't understand about WT's offense, but that may be why I don't coach football. I hate not seeing Noah get the ball as well. I also wonder if some of the issue is not using the middle of the field enough. I feel like we see a ton of go routes get thrown out of bounds, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Aack! I’m working on the Week 9 preview and saw that ENMU has a Thursday night game next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Roaming Buff View Post

There are some things that I don't understand about WT's offense, but that may be why I don't coach football. I hate not seeing Noah get the ball as well. I also wonder if some of the issue is not using the middle of the field enough. I feel like we see a ton of go routes get thrown out of bounds, but maybe I'm wrong.
          I’ve noticed that too. Bogardus took his name out of the portal to stay at WT and he’s barely gotten the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            I'm still trying to figure out how Western Oregon has won any games this season. That was one of the worst performances I've ever seen in Monmouth. They look absolutely horrific against a pretty average football team. I'm not sure what was going on but they are just not a good team. We passed for 65 freaking yards.
            It’s amazing to me that CW, WO, especially MSU, and Kingsville at times have had passing numbers that look like they belong to a triple option team like ENMU. Nearly everyone lines up in 3- or 4-wide sets now and then not be able to throw for even 100 yards? Defenses catch on pretty quick if you line up like that and run dive plays most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanMachineOffense View Post

Lynn's a stud.

Have faith.

I know the WT crowd is tired of it, but... just breathe. The return is coming.
              I know Lynn will turn it around.

The question will be which team benefits from it the most.

Will WT fully transition to the full blown run first team and UTPB is a passing first team (like WT of the past)?

Hughes didn't have the head coaching experience and unfortunately that showed.

Not speaking for the entire WT fan base but Lynn gets a pass first year getting his players in and flushing out the remainder of the Hughes stuff.

My personal timeline is 8-3+ or better 2024...

9-2+ better in 2025 with a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

"run the table" is one of the WT faithful's favorite terms!
                Shouldnt that be the goal of every team?

One at a time win the next game?

I personally use that term to assess a teams playoff chances (other than WT).

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                  I'm at the Western Oregon game, I've rarely seen a more inept wolves team than this one. They can't pass, catch, or do many things well. They had two 20-yard punts to start the game. They're just not good. Now and then they'll make a basic play in the fans will go nuts. I mean come on you're supposed to make those plays. This is just a bad football team. I wish I was more optimistic but I keep going to games and they can't pass, catch, block, special teams. It's a mess.
                  You are correct, very disappointing! I thought this was one we could win at home. The punts were actually 6 and 11 yards! I have watched a lot of football in my days and have never seen a two punter formation before. Other than the 67-yd td run the offense was non-existent. Other than a couple broken coverages the defense didn't play bad, the score could have been worse.
                  Last edited by SPWOU; 10-24-2023, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

It’s amazing to me that CW, WO, especially MSU, and Kingsville at times have had passing numbers that look like they belong to a triple option team like ENMU. Nearly everyone lines up in 3- or 4-wide sets now and then not be able to throw for even 100 yards? Defenses catch on pretty quick if you line up like that and run dive plays most of the time.
                    Crazy ENMU has more TD passes this year (11) than Kingsville, Central Washington, Midwestern St., and Western Oregon. They have more than Midwestern and Central Washington combined.
                    Last edited by gohounds; 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post

Crazy ENMU has more TD passes this year (11) than Kingsville, Central Washington, Kingsville, and Western Oregon. They have more than Midwestern and Central Washington combined.
                      "Thank the Good Lord we have a defense and a running game." - Every CWU fan in 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post

Crazy ENMU has more TD passes this year (11) than Kingsville, Central Washington, Kingsville, and Western Oregon. They have more than Midwestern and Central Washington combined.
                        Freshman QB too....
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I know Lynn will turn it around.

The question will be which team benefits from it the most.

Will WT fully transition to the full blown run first team and UTPB is a passing first team (like WT of the past)?

Hughes didn't have the head coaching experience and unfortunately that showed.

Not speaking for the entire WT fan base but Lynn gets a pass first year getting his players in and flushing out the remainder of the Hughes stuff.

My personal timeline is 8-3+ or better 2024...

9-2+ better in 2025 with a playoff spot.
                          Same was said for Nesbitt, then Hughes.

What is it you want? A portal transfer team that might win a year or two or to BUILD a powerhouse program.

Any fast talking, used car salesman type coach can recruit transfers and build that one championship team.

But a good solid leader will be more apt to build a solid program that will last.

We all have seen the coaches that come in, win fast then move on to bigger and better things in theory own career.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I think most of Kingsville's problems with the passing yardage comes from their injuries and overall instability at QB. They had 4 starting quarterbacks in 7 games if my count is right. Freeman did pass for 248 yards and 2 touchdowns against West Texas. He probably would have went over that yardage total against Angelo State if he was able to stay out of interception trouble. I still think he had 140 yards passing against Angelo State.

I think all of Sedtal's 92 yards against ENMU came in the first half. He had a nice touchdown pass for about 30 yards just before halftime. Kingsville seemed to be able to move the ball fairly well with him in at quarterback. But I think the coaches just decided to be conservative and run in the second half in order to control the clock since they were leading 21-7 at halftime. ENMU was putting up a lot more rushing yardage than Kingsville is used to giving up. It is understandable that Kingsville wanted to eat up as much clock as possible by running in the second half considering their halftime lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Same was said for Nesbitt, then Hughes.

What is it you want? A portal transfer team that might win a year or two or to BUILD a powerhouse program.

Any fast talking, used car salesman type coach can recruit transfers and build that one championship team.

But a good solid leader will be more apt to build a solid program that will last.

We all have seen the coaches that come in, win fast then move on to bigger and better things in theory own career.
                              Nesbitt got zero passes and no slack.

He was given keys to a Ferrari and crashed that sucker 120mph head on into a tree.

Hughes got a pass because he was a coordinator of a championship program and could recruit.

Unfortunately for all involved that didnt work out.

Lynn gets a pass because he wins everywhere he goes and it takes time.

Coming from a Texas Rangers/Dallas Cowboys fan I think we would all trade a championship for several years of mediocrity/suck than waiting several years during a rebuild just to be "good".

Realisitically for WT I am down for the steady approach since Lynn's system is all about the team and doesnt revolve around a handful of skill players.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Freshman QB too....
                                ENMU is starting 9 other Frosh. and have several others playing a lot

2 Wrs
                                2 Rbs
                                3 lbers
                                1 DB
                                Kicker

definitely taking some lumps this year, but the future looks bright. Have had a chance to win every game but the last two

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X