Comment

!!!!RANGERS!!!!!

Comment

😁😁!!!!! RANGERS HEADED TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!😁😁

Comment

RANGERS!!!

Comment

Rangers all day every day.

Only fans left rooting for the Astros are confined to Houston and the suburbs of Corpus Christi. ;)

Comment

I'd like to see the Diamondbacks (this year's "no one believed in us" winner) vs Rangers in the Series. I'm a Mariners fan so to see the Rangers and Astros in the ALCS on one hand shows the strength of the AL West, but the frustration that we were a couple of wins and a few million in payroll away from the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                I'd like to see the Diamondbacks (this year's "no one believed in us" winner) vs Rangers in the Series. I'm a Mariners fan so to see the Rangers and Astros in the ALCS on one hand shows the strength of the AL West, but the frustration that we were a couple of wins and a few million in payroll away from the playoffs.
                Mariners issue is they dont have a true ace that throws fear into any teams.

Kirby is good but a 2 or 3 starter on most contenders.

Like your catcher stated its time to open the pocketbooks and go after some free agents.

Rangers finally had to learn that lesson a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                  Rangers all day every day.

Only fans left rooting for the Astros are confined to Houston and the suburbs of Corpus Christi. ;)
                  Having lived in the Corpus Christi area for a long time, I can attest to the truthfulness of this statement. The Astros were loved and I was one of the few Rangers fans in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Having lived in the Corpus Christi area for a long time, I can attest to the truthfulness of this statement. The Astros were loved and I was one of the few Rangers fans in the area.
                    I was throwing a passive aggressive comment towards LSC Fan since he is a die hard Astros Fan and he probably isn't checking the board as much since Kingsville hit a rough patch. ;).

I lived on and off in Corpus Christi a few times myself.

Trust me I live in the Houston area and its brutal being a Rangers Fan.

It did feel good to put on my rangers shirt and walk around all the stores and businesses yesterday and watch all the locals make brief eye contact and look straight back down in shame. Haha.

Comment

Mariners issue is they dont have a true ace that throws fear into any teams.

Kirby is good but a 2 or 3 starter on most contenders.

Like your catcher stated its time to open the pocketbooks and go after some free agents.

Rangers finally had to learn that lesson a couple of years ago.
                      Which D Back players are the high priced free agents?

There are many ways to build a title team.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I haven't a clue. I assume your comment meant they dont have them.

In general and especially for world series championships you need to have an alpha ace that can shut down an offense and beat the other team's 1 ace.

Diamondbacks were able to beat an aging past his prime closer twice late in games to get it done in Arizona to put them in that position against the Phillies and before that beat a Dodger pitching staff missing 4 starters.

That being said Zac Gallen is a formidable game 1 ace.

Fun side note: The Arizona AA team is in Amarillo and is called the Sod Poodles. They won the Texas league.

Comment

I haven't a clue. I assume your comment meant they dont have them.

In general and especially for world series championships you need to have an alpha ace that can shut down an offense and beat the other team's 1 ace.

Diamondbacks were able to beat an aging past his prime closer twice late in games to get it done in Arizona to put them in that position against the Phillies and before that beat a Dodger pitching staff missing 4 starters.

That being said Zac Gallen is a formidable game 1 ace.

Fun side note: The Arizona AA team is in Amarillo and is called the Sod Poodles. They won the Texas league.
                          I have been following the Texas League since the Corpus Christi Hooks moved to town. Why would anyone name a baseball team Sod Poodles?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by TAMUK09; 10-26-2023, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Their highest paid player is Madison Bumgarner. He was released in April and is possibly retired. Evan Longoria is on the team too, but barely.

Comment

It's football season, who gives a sh!t? 😂

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X