Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

I will never forget the first time I went to the old Arlington Stadium. For $5 I sat behind home plate and from that day on I was hooked on the Texas Rangers and Colt 45s became my second favorite team. . Win or lose I watch the Rangers every chance I get. We make 3/4 series every year. The old Globe Life was a huge step up from Arlington Stadium but the new Globe Life is great. I have been to 12 MLB parks and it is head and shoulder above the rest as a BASEBALL park.

The venue is never as important as the game on the field.
    I remember when the old Globe Life Park opened up in 1994. I turned 11 that summer and was a huge Rangers fan for several years at that point.

They didn't have a sponsor for the stadium at that point so it was just called The Ballpark in Arlington. It was a beautiful ballpark. In my opinion, it was nicer than the new Globe Life Park. The fact that it didn't have a dome and didn't have air conditioning didn't bother me. If I wasn't at a Rangers game, I would have been outside in the heat running around with my friends. So I never minded the heat for a mid-summer night game. At least back then all of the home games from about May 1 to September 15 were night games because of the heat if I remember correctly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X