X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17-0 Angelo in the second

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      Wonder what's happened to Western Oregon this year? We had a pretty good team last year, but this year's team is not very good. I know we lost some key players from last year.

Program needs a reset, I'm not calling for a coaching change, I'm just saying they need to change some things philosophically or something. I've said ad nauseum and I don't want ASU pops coming in here and trashing me, but I think they need to look at going independent. Always keep football but look at something different. The Lone Star is just kicking our butts. Let's make it fun again, this isn't fun.
      ad nauseam πŸ˜‰

Comment

Wonder what's happened to Western Oregon this year? We had a pretty good team last year, but this year's team is not very good. I know we lost some key players from last year.

Program needs a reset, I'm not calling for a coaching change, I'm just saying they need to change some things philosophically or something. I've said ad nauseum and I don't want ASU pops coming in here and trashing me, but I think they need to look at going independent. Always keep football but look at something different. The Lone Star is just kicking our butts. Let's make it fun again, this isn't fun.
        I think the team underperformed compared to '22. You have the same QB.

Your passing game went from 216 avg/g in '22 to 163 avg/g in '23. Total offense from 365 avg/g in '22 to 327 avg/g in '23. But what is noticeable is the running game improved from 148 avg/g in '22 to 163.5 avg/g in '23. So, it appears that the passing game decline hurt the WOU offense.

Another noticeable change is defensively. D went from only allowing 84 avg/g rushing in '22 to 130 avg/g in '23 while the passing D remained about the same.

Is Winker returning next year?

Comment

Still 17-0 Angelo. MSU has had eight drives-7 punts and one stopped by halftime. How is Angelo not up more?

Comment

Well, Angelo is up more, it’s 24-0 now

Comment

It's simple. Western Oregon University football Sucks. But, it won't stop you from coming on here every day and crying, and then writing and posting a novel with and a laundry list of excuses why they Suck. Cheer up buttercup there's always next season. 😘

Comment

Angelo 24-6 end of third

Comment

ANGELO 27
                  MSU-TEXAS 12

Final

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I think the team underperformed compared to '22. You have the same QB.

Your passing game went from 216 avg/g in '22 to 163 avg/g in '23. Total offense from 365 avg/g in '22 to 327 avg/g in '23. But what is noticeable is the running game improved from 148 avg/g in '22 to 163.5 avg/g in '23. So, it appears that the passing game decline hurt the WOU offense.

Another noticeable change is defensively. D went from only allowing 84 avg/g rushing in '22 to 130 avg/g in '23 while the passing D remained about the same.

Is Winker returning next year?
                    Good stats and breakdown -- I still think you're a board bully -- but good breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                      Still 17-0 Angelo. MSU has had eight drives-7 punts and one stopped by halftime. How is Angelo not up more?
                      SNAFU after SNAFU. Think there were 6 false starts, 2 holding, 1 block in the back and sportsman conduct. On the bright side, except for one int, Gerald Graham finally had a good game.

Comment

Good stats and breakdown -- I still think you're a board bully -- but good breakdown.
                        Did this dude really just say that??? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Oh man.....I haven't laughed that hard in years!

Definitely a PNWesterner!! Dry your tears Barbara!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

I actually can relate to Tsull being miserable following a program that has had little success.

WT was a MAJOR LET DOWN this year. Tech underperformed as usual playing the role of Jeckyll & Hyde. Commerce is a disaster after the coaching change.

Colby Carthel is getting some schooling in D1. People see your talent and your coaching talent and POOF like magic they’re gone. SFA looks as sad as before he got there. They took a monster beat down last night from Tarleton 59-17.

Tarleton sent all four years of transition with a winning record and beat a ranked FCS team.

Anyway, just let you in on a secret TSull FOOTBALL CAN MAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.

I know first hand being a Cowboys fan under the ownership of Jerry Jones. Finally stop watching after twenty five years actually longer counting before JJ and the political circus it became. At least now I can enjoy Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Anyway, just let you in on a secret TSull FOOTBALL CAN MAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.
                            Agreed. Almost weekly I watch my team (New Haven) despite having an absolutely terrible offense (think MSU-Texas with much less rushing yards and barely more passing yards) and no kicker except for extra points, but somehow they’re 7-2 and might make the playoffs and win their conference. I end up almost feeling guilty after every win.

But that’s region 1 football for you.

Comment

Kris McCullough will be on Inside D2Football tonight:

https://www.d2football.com/id2fb/

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                I actually can relate to Tsull being miserable following a program that has had little success.

WT was a MAJOR LET DOWN this year. Tech underperformed as usual playing the role of Jeckyll & Hyde. Commerce is a disaster after the coaching change.

Colby Carthel is getting some schooling in D1. People see your talent and your coaching talent and POOF like magic they’re gone. SFA looks as sad as before he got there. They took a monster beat down last night from Tarleton 59-17.

Tarleton sent all four years of transition with a winning record and beat a ranked FCS team.

I know first hand being a Cowboys fan under the ownership of Jerry Jones. Finally stop watching after twenty five years actually longer counting before JJ and the political circus it became. At least now I can enjoy Sundays.
                                Thanks for the props Techster, football is frustrating. For those who can't use a mouse or don't know how to scroll, it's easy to learn the skill, some tutorials out there on YouTube. I put my name on all my posts, so if you don't want to read my posts, find your mouse and scroll down.

I saw Great White Buffalo go on some stream of consciousness post the other day, I didn't get it. I skipped it after one paragraph. Doesn't mean he's a bad dude, just means I didn't get it and moved on. I picked up a book the other day, after 25 pages, didn't like it and chose another one. We can discuss football how we want on this board, if you don't like it, move along. If Brandon doesn't like what I write, he can tell me. Very simple, unless you make it difficult.
                                Last edited by tsull; 11-05-2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X