Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The McBroom Football Coaches

I did not include Nesbitt's caretaker year because Don Carthel had them ready to play.

2014 Nesbitt 6-5. wins over Shorter and McMurry (2)
    2015 Nesbitt 6-4 wins over OPSU and Kingsville (2)
    2016 Nesbitt 6-5 wins over Kingsville and OPSU. OT win over WNMU
    2017 Hughes 3-8 but we were all sure Hughes would be good
    2018 Hughes 6-5 win over OPSU
    2019 Hughes 8-3 thanks to a really good OC who only stayed 1 year
    2020 Hughes 3-3 wins over OPSU and North American
    2021 Hughes 7-4 wins over Texas College and Bethel College, both NAIA
    2022 Hughes 5-6 losing 3 of the last 4
    2023 Lynn 3-7

WT will continue to suck at football while McBroom is the AD.

They should bring in Colby Carthel, things aren’t going as great at SFA as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
      They should bring in Colby Carthel, things aren’t going as great at SFA as expected.
      No, they are not. Colby had one good, not great year since he's been at SFA. He was a very good DII coach.

Maybe he WILL wind up back in Canyon.

Comment

Colby has had a similar year to Lynn’s. 4 losses by a total of 18 points. Also 3 wins (so far).

I would love to have him coach at WT.

Comment

Was Josh Lynn not a good hire? How long has he been in Canyon? Of the "McBroom" coaches mentioned, I still come up with 53-43. Not great, but I wouldn't put it in the sucks category.

Some of you people need to get a grip. Putting "yeah buts" in front of every win is low class. Give the new coach some room.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            Was Josh Lynn not a good hire? How long has he been in Canyon? Of the "McBroom" coaches mentioned, I still come up with 53-43. Not great, but I wouldn't put it in the sucks category.

Some of you people need to get a grip. Putting "yeah buts" in front of every win is low class. Give the new coach some room.
            I disagree. When a team intentionally schedules subpar opponents to pad the record of coaches it’s wrong. I made those comments to show many wins were against teams we shouldn’t be playing, though Kingsville is a normal opponent they were down in those years.

Comment

Lynn under achieved this year. The UTPB AD did a better job of hiring. We do not have a leadership at WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

Lynn under achieved this year. The UTPB AD did a better job of hiring. We do not have a leadership at WT.
                So who would you have hired in place of Lynn? He lost two games by a buck each. ?? That's the AD's fault? I'm missing a connection here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I disagree. When a team intentionally schedules subpar opponents to pad the record of coaches it’s wrong. I made those comments to show many wins were against teams we shouldn’t be playing, though Kingsville is a normal opponent they were down in those years.
                  Kind of like Alabama against Fordham, Tech against Tarleton, Georgia against Centenary? Every program schedules cupcakes. Part of it. You've got such a boner for the WT AD, your cred goes out the window. This whole board is pretty cheesy and shallow. "Throw the bastards out!" is about all you get here. No real thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties

Every year you make excuses for our mediocre AD. No one does less with more than WT athletics.

I make excuses? Don't even know the guy.

Comment

Agree however Hughes had all the talent in the world with the top half of the LSC leaving and he left getting blown out of the water by a team that Duncanville High school could have beaten.

For me personally I am a little frustrated how two other first year coaches (yeah I know Lee was with ENMU before) this year were able to beat WT.

I expect 2024 to be at least 8-3+.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Agree however Hughes had all the talent in the world with the top half of the LSC leaving and he left getting blown out of the water by a team that Duncanville High school could have beaten.

For me personally I am a little frustrated how two other first year coaches (yeah I know Lee was with ENMU before) this year were able to beat WT.

I’m curious about what you saw this season that would indicate better times are ahead.

I think Gibson will continue to improve and Eget played decently in the last game. The offensive line is lame. The defense isn’t much better. Bogardus is gone but evidently won’t be missed by Lynn. What a waste of a very good player.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Never put stock in a 1st or 2nd year coach either way. Mel Tucker had a stellar first season at Michigan State, and then cratered. Deion had a stellar first few games, and is now cratering. Scott Frost was AP coach of the year in his 2nd year at UCF. He doesn't coach any more. Someone mentioned Colby Carthel. He's 25-28 at SFA.

You really don't know what you've got until after year 3.

And no, no D2 team has "all the talent in the world." If things don't improve significantly by this date in 2025, ranting is justified. Right now, it's either uninformed or apparently anti-WT AD bias.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

No, they are not. Colby had one good, not great year since he's been at SFA. He was a very good DII coach.

Maybe he WILL wind up back in Canyon.
                            The issue for Colby right now is SFA, not being in D1. That place is a disaster behind the scenes. Check out how many presidents they've had in the last 5 years.

As for him going back to Canyon, there's a better chance of him replacing Jimbo in College Station in the next couple of weeks than ever stepping foot there again, especially while McBroom is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

The issue for Colby right now is SFA, not being in D1. That place is a disaster behind the scenes. Check out how many presidents they've had in the last 5 years.

As for him going back to Canyon, there's a better chance of him replacing Jimbo in College Station in the next couple of weeks than ever stepping foot there again, especially while McBroom is still there.
                              My statement was sarcasm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X