Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

As soon as they name a starter probably 3/4 of those guys minus the freshmen are going to hop back into that portal.
    And freshmen can be fickle. WOU signed five for my son’s freshman year. Two never made it to campus, one (WA 3A OPOY) lasted less than a week in fall camp, one made it through one year. So 4/5 didn’t make it to the start of year two.

Comment

UTPB has no home games after October 19. https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/football/schedule/2024

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
        UTPB has no home games after October 19. https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/football/schedule/2024
        3 week road stretch is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You can only enter once without a penalty.
          It's constantly changing, but I don't think that's true for 2024.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-memo-p...%20immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            Thanks for posting.

I was on their website last week and wondered why they hadn't posted the 2024 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

3 week road stretch is tough.
              At least its against the 3 weakest teams in the conference.

Comment

It's constantly changing, but I don't think that's true for 2024.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-memo-p...%20immediately.
                It is NCAA Rules. As always, you have the one time transfer exception. What changed from the past was you had to get permission to transfer from your current school.

There are other waivers and exeptions as follows:
                Graduate Exception, Graduate Transfer Waiver, Family Hardship Waivers, Discontinued Academic Program Exception, Military Service Exception, Discontinued/Non-sponsored Sport Exception, Two-Year Non-Participation/Minimal Participation Exception, Return to Original Institution without Participation or with Minimal Participation Exception, and Non-recruited Student Exception.

Here is a link with more details on each exception and waiver:
                https://www.athleticscholarships.net...fer-exceptions

Comment

Exactly! Against WT, ENMU, and Sul Ross. 🙄

Comment

Actually was just told 7 will be in Fall camp.
                    There's gonna be some unhappy QB's this fall with 2nd thoughts.

Comment

It is NCAA Rules. As always, you have the one time transfer exception. What changed from the past was you had to get permission to transfer from your current school.

There are other waivers and exeptions as follows:
                      Graduate Exception, Graduate Transfer Waiver, Family Hardship Waivers, Discontinued Academic Program Exception, Military Service Exception, Discontinued/Non-sponsored Sport Exception, Two-Year Non-Participation/Minimal Participation Exception, Return to Original Institution without Participation or with Minimal Participation Exception, and Non-recruited Student Exception.

Here is a link with more details on each exception and waiver:
                      https://www.athleticscholarships.net...fer-exceptions
                      According to that yahoo article, the injunction lasts until June, so nobody will know what's going to stick until they see what the ncaa does after it expires. I imagine it will depend on how quickly they end the court battles over it and the results of those.

NCAA response from that article.

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

There's gonna be some unhappy QB's this fall with 2nd thoughts.
                        Ehhhh...again, getting a FREE education is the goal.of most DII QBs. Of course you have football players who are like "Gronk"...kinda dumb....and all they care about is playing football. And think they are going to be an ALL Pro NFL player. 😄

And then there are parents who sell the NFL to these poor kids. These patents think theor lil Johnnie is the next Patrick Mahomes.

But, for the most part, many of these players are excited to get that education. Again, especially QBs.

Now don't get me wrong.....the flip side is that egotistical player who wants to start and play 5 years. It's all about him and screw the team. I've known plenty of these guys.

I assume when is all boils down, UTPB will have 5 QBs, 2 being redshirts.

What is surprising is the quality of players they are getting.

I have to admit, I am very impressed.

Comment

According to that yahoo article, the injunction lasts until June, so nobody will know what's going to stick until they see what the ncaa does after it expires. I imagine it will depend on how quickly they end the court battles over it and the results of those.

NCAA response from that article.

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.
                          True. The assumption at this point is things go back to normal starting Fall 2024. But as you say, no one knows for sure what's going to happen. And I guess, really, no assumptions should be made.

Comment

I expect WT to be better than WNMU, Sul Ross, MSU, and possibly ENMU.

Weren't you picking WT to win 7 this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I expect WT to be better than WNMU, Sul Ross, MSU, and possibly ENMU.

Weren't you picking WT to win 7 this year?
                              I didnt pick any win total. I think I said 7-8 could be their ceiling.

Comment

True. The assumption at this point is things go back to normal starting Fall 2024. But as you say, no one knows for sure what's going to happen. And I guess, really, no assumptions should be made.
                                Agreed.

I kind of assumed the NCAA would want to stop spending money to lose in court, but they may have more legal maneuvering they want to try?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X