X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Notre Dame Shutting Down

This is sad.

https://footballscoop.com/news/divis...e-to-shut-down

There's a whole bunch of really tiny schools out there that are being kept open by hundreds of tuition-paying athletes. Like half of the student population. House of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
      Yikes. If I remember correctly around 2018 they were 13-0 before losing to Valdosta State in the national semifinals.

If anything like this happens in the LSC that going to cause a lot of dominoes to start moving around.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yikes. If I remember correctly around 2018 they were 13-0 before losing to Valdosta State in the national semifinals.

If anything like this happens in the LSC that going to cause a lot of dominoes to start moving around.
        NDC was down to 900 undergrads, with a total enrollment of less than 1400. Speaking of that does anyone know WT's Spring enrollment? I looked a month ago and couldn't find it.

https://www.ideastream.org/education...-semester-2024

Comment

A positive is that looks like 4 schools are entering the D2 realm.

UT Dallas looks to join the LSC in 2025 but negative is they do not have a football program.

courtesy of Inkblot

Confirmed that the expected four schools (Jamestown, Point Park, UC Merced, UT Dallas), and no others, submitted applications to enter provisional D2 membership. https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...2CC_Report.pdf

Comment

A positive is that looks like 4 schools are entering the D2 realm.

UT Dallas looks to join the LSC in 2025 but negative is they do not have a football program.

courtesy of Inkblot

Confirmed that the expected four schools (Jamestown, Point Park, UC Merced, UT Dallas), and no others, submitted applications to enter provisional D2 membership. https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...2CC_Report.pdf
            Unfortunately, Jamestown is also a small school (1300ish) with a high percentage of their enrollment being athletes. Something around 50%. Thoughts are split in NSIC territory, but it’s hard to see them competing, or maybe even lasting in D2/the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Unfortunately, Jamestown is also a small school (1300ish) with a high percentage of their enrollment being athletes. Something around 50%. Thoughts are split in NSIC territory, but it’s hard to see them competing, or maybe even lasting in D2/the NSIC.
              Well got to give it a shot, right?

Does Jamestown have a football program?

I saw UC Merced and UT Dallas does not have football but if they can both be starting points to resurrect D2 football on the west coast and keep the LSC from dying out.

Going to be a game of keeping the balance of departing D2 schools and incoming.

Just my opinion only.

Comment

NDC was down to 900 undergrads, with a total enrollment of less than 1400. Speaking of that does anyone know WT's Spring enrollment? I looked a month ago and couldn't find it.

https://www.ideastream.org/education...-semester-2024
                This says u dergrad enrollment "dipped" vs Spring 2023. Lots of smoke and mirrors in this article. Why can't they just come out and say out # of enrollments dropped? Politics! 🙄

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2024/02/e...all%20semester.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

This says undergrad enrollment "dipped" vs Spring 2023. Lots of smoke and mirrors in this article. Why can't they just come out and say out # of enrollments dropped? Politics! 🙄

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2024/02/e...all%20semester.
                  Agreed. That's the way Wendler operates, now that he's been exposed as telling students to go somewhere else cheaper, they give out even less information.

What I really don't like is the following paragraph shows up in most articles. I don't like the vague reference to enrollment, which is simply a lie. I also don't like the "Hispanic Serving Institution" as WT should serve all equally.

WT is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the University has been part of The Texas A&M University System since 1990. WT, a Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, boasts an enrollment of about 10,000 and offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. The University is also home to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, the largest history museum in the state and the home of one of the Southwest’s finest art collections. The Buffaloes are a member of the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference and offers 14 men’s and women’s athletics programs.

Comment

I saw UC Merced and UT Dallas does not have football but if they can both be starting points to resurrect D2 football on the west coast and keep the LSC from dying out.

Just my opinion only.
                    They do have football. But they’ll be perennial 0-11 to 2-9, at least for the foreseeable future. They are simply making the NSIC an even number.

Yup, the landscape will be ever changing. Sometimes for the worse.

Comment

Just my opinion only.
                      UC Merced does not currently have football but they've expressed a willingness to add a team in some of the comments on their social media pages recently

Comment

Agreed. That's the way Wendler operates, now that he's been exposed as telling students to go somewhere else cheaper, they give out even less information.

What I really don't like is the following paragraph shows up in most articles. I don't like the vague reference to enrollment, which is simply a lie. I also don't like the "Hispanic Serving Institution" as WT should serve all equally.

WT is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the University has been part of The Texas A&M University System since 1990. WT, a Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, boasts an enrollment of about 10,000 and offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. The University is also home to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, the largest history museum in the state and the home of one of the Southwest’s finest art collections. The Buffaloes are a member of the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference and offers 14 men’s and women’s athletics programs.

Hispanic serving simply means that at least 25% of students can claim Hispanic heritage. It makes schools eligible for fed grants, so they do all they can to finagle the numbers for the free money.

Comment

I’ll miss watching ND. Really hasn’t been the same program since Holtz left.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X