Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post

Sul Ross is going D2 next year. They are joining the LSC
    Yes, that’s why I brought them up. I do not think they will be much more than a punching bag in D2. For their sake I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yes, that’s why I brought them up. I do not think they will be much more than a punching bag in D2. For their sake I hope I’m wrong.
      They will definitely be an upgrade from Simon Frazer and of course in the same Country not to mention the same State.

I do agree that LSC doesnt need to add schools like Wayland Baptist, Blinn, and Navarro college to stay afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They will definitely be an upgrade from Simon Frazer and of course in the same Country not to mention the same State.

I do agree that LSC doesnt need to add schools like Wayland Baptist, Blinn, and Navarro college to stay afloat.
        Sul Ross isn't an upgrade from anything. It's actually embarrassing that they are even in the LSC. That place is a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

Sul Ross isn't an upgrade from anything. It's actually embarrassing that they are even in the LSC. That place is a dump.
          Perhaps but its a lot better than taking a 2-3 day bus ride to Canada or an expensive plane ride.

I dont like it either but the LSC isnt going to have a choice if their top teams remaining get that itch to go FCS.

Comment

Perhaps but its a lot better than taking a 2-3 day bus ride to Canada or an expensive plane ride.

I dont like it either but the LSC isnt going to have a choice if their top teams remaining get that itch to go FCS.
            I won't be surprised to see a lot of schools head back to D2. There's no real reason to be "D1" anymore if you aren't P4 or Notre Dame. That group is getting almost all of the money out there, with the G5 getting a few crumbs. Below G5, it's silly to call yourself D1.

Comment

I won't be surprised to see a lot of schools head back to D2. There's no real reason to be "D1" anymore if you aren't P4 or Notre Dame. That group is getting almost all of the money out there, with the G5 getting a few crumbs. Below G5, it's silly to call yourself D1.
              FCS is like AAA ball and D2 is like AA ball. D3 is like a bad Jayhawk league team. You're either in the Bigs or you're a minor leaguer.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

FCS is like AAA ball and D2 is like AA ball. D3 is like a bad Jayhawk league team. You're either in the Bigs or you're a minor leaguer.

UMHB and Hardin Simmons would likely beat any LSC team. D3 can truly be the wild west, the way some of these schools operate.

Comment

UMHB and Hardin Simmons would likely beat any LSC team. D3 can truly be the wild west, the way some of these schools operate.
                  No way. Not a chance. D3 is intramural sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

I would bet you my pension UMHB would beat Western New Mexico.

Comment

You obviously don't know much about the D3 world. There's a whole bunch of sub D1 athletes attending private, D3 schools for no out-of-pocket. HSU, UMHB, and ETBU are loaded. That's why no LSC programs schedule to play them. Trinity not so much, but for their other sports, they can get pretty much any sub P5 athlete they want - that can meet the GPA requirements. What serious student is going to turn down a degree from Trinity, so they can go ball at "D1" Commerce? None.

Comment

You obviously don't know much about the D3 world. There's a whole bunch of sub D1 athletes attending private, D3 schools for no out-of-pocket. HSU, UMHB, and ETBU are loaded. That's why no LSC programs schedule to play them. Trinity not so much, but for their other sports, they can get pretty much any sub P5 athlete they want - that can meet the GPA requirements. What serious student is going to turn down a degree from Trinity, so they can go ball at "D1" Commerce? None.
                        Bullcrap!

Comment

Bullcrap!
                          I remember a similar conversation a few years ago when Duncanville High School here in Texas was talking a lot of $hit about how they are going to show the country how great Texas High School football was against Mater Dei from California and then got embarrassed 45-3 on their home field.

Both Mater Dei and UMHB are private schools.

UMHB would obviously not beat Georgia or Michigan but they would most certainly stack up and beat several LSC schools.

Heck last year there was a D3 school or two that beat some of the GLIAC and/or NSIC schools (Too lazy to look up the exact results).

Comment

I remember a similar conversation a few years ago when Duncanville High School here in Texas was talking a lot of $hit about how they are going to show the country how great Texas High School football was against Mater Dei from California and then got embarrassed 45-3 on their home field.

Both Mater Dei and UMHB are private schools.

UMHB would obviously not beat Georgia or Michigan but they would most certainly stack up and beat several LSC schools.

Heck last year there was a D3 school or two that beat some of the GLIAC and/or NSIC schools (Too lazy to look up the exact results).
                            I do belive that there are many D3 schools that can compete and beat D2 schools, but I think it is a much wider gap when you get to the tops of the D2 world. I do think the tops of D2 and FCS are much closer (look at Montana and Ferris this year), as opposed to the top of D2 and D3. Those FCS and D2's recruit many of the same kids. The D2 world's dont recruit many of the same D3 kids.

Comment

To understand how stacked some of these small private D3s are, you have to understand their business model. It's very different than the other divisions. Of course, most D3s do not operate this way - it's by the books and all about academics. But ETBU, UMHB, and HSU are loaded with talent, due to some methods that I would call unscrupulous. Nevertheless, there is a reason no LSC programs schedule these schools for football.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I do belive that there are many D3 schools that can compete and beat D2 schools, but I think it is a much wider gap when you get to the tops of the D2 world. I do think the tops of D2 and FCS are much closer (look at Montana and Ferris this year), as opposed to the top of D2 and D3. Those FCS and D2's recruit many of the same kids. The D2 world's dont recruit many of the same D3 kids.
                                I agree.

I dont think UMHB would beat Harding, Grand Valley, etc.

I think UMHB vs. UTPB and ASU would be a good game.

The previous posters comment that any LSC team would beat UMHB is ridiculous.

They would easily be favored over Western New Mexico, Western Oregon, and now Sul Ross.

Maybe slight favorites over Eastern New Mexico, Midwestern State, and yes even WT?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X