Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Yes. This is one of the most ridiculous ventures in the D2.com era.
    Savannah State has entered the chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Savannah State has entered the chat.
      I think this one is worse, but SSU wasn't a thought when I made the statement. It should have been. The thing I think they would at least have in their favor is that their landing spot was with other HBCU's.

But good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

My responses were more to the poster that said that MHB couldn't beat any LSC team.
        Ah. On that I'm in total agreement. There is overlap between all divisions.

Comment

Which years?

Looking at the last 5 years, UMHB average win has been 42-11. That's a staggering disparity over 57 games. This year they were down a bit, but I would be comfortable that they would be highly competitive against whoever the LSC champion was in 2019-2022. Similar for HSU.

I am not a cheerleader for either school, as I believe that their methods to get players are highly unethical. But it doesn't change the fact that both rosters are loaded with talent that is mostly higher D2 caliber, with some FCS sprinkled in.

On the facilities side, UMHB in particular spends a fortune on athletics. If they were in the LSC, their facilities would instantly be at the top of the conference. I personally would love to see them join the LSC, but I don't think it would fit their talent acquisition model.
          Last edited by MooseLodge; 04-05-2024, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I concur

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

Looking at the last 5 years, UMHB average win has been 42-11. That's a staggering disparity over 57 games. This year they were down a bit, but I would be comfortable that they would be highly competitive against whoever the LSC champion was in 2019-2022. Similar for HSU.

I am not a cheerleader for either school, as I believe that their methods to get players are highly unethical. But it doesn't change the fact that both rosters are loaded with talent that is mostly higher D2 caliber, with some FCS sprinkled in.

On the facilities side, UMHB in particular spends a fortune on athletics. If they were in the LSC, their facilities would instantly be at the top of the conference. I personally would love to see them join the LSC, but I don't think it would fit their talent acquisition model.
              I don't doubt that they're great D3 programs. I don't have much of a problem with your assessment of those great, D3 rosters.

My disagreement is with your evaluation of the LSC rosters.

Comment

If D3 was that far of a drop from D2, than none in the LSC should be shy away from scheduling UMHB & HSU. However I can’t even remember the last time any D2 team wanted to play UMHB or HSU.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                  If D3 was that far of a drop from D2, than none in the LSC should be shy away from scheduling UMHB & HSU. However I can’t even remember the last time any D2 team wanted to play UMHB or HSU.
                  Why would LSC teams want to play them? The best teams would receive no benefit in terms of playoff participation or seeding and the bad teams would likely lose.

Comment

Why would LSC teams want to play them? The best teams would receive no benefit in terms of playoff participation or seeding and the bad teams would likely lose.
                    Not saying D3 teams would be the first choice to play them, but if you just needed a game to make 10 games on the schedule, why avoid playing a D3 team, especially if they are “a easy win” for any LSC team?

Comment

Most of D3 is a significant drop off; not with HSU and UMHB. Those schools are pulling athletes off the streets from everywhere in Texas, many of whom have no business being at university. There are basically no enrollment/admissions standards for ballers.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

Not saying D3 teams would be the first choice to play them, but if you just needed a game to make 10 games on the schedule, why avoid playing a D3 team, especially if they are “a easy win” for any LSC team?
                        For the reasons I said in the post you quoted.

Comment

Ridiculous would be an understatement. I get that Mercyhurst has D1 hockey, but get real.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I think this one is worse, but SSU wasn't a thought when I made the statement. It should have been. The thing I think they would at least have in their favor is that their landing spot was with other HBCU's.

But good example.
                            You could say the same thing about Winston-Salem's brief flirtation with D1 about a decade or so ago, but at least they had a history with some of the MEAC schools once being part of the CIAA.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

UMHB had athletic expenditures of $6.38MM in 2023.

CWU had athletic expenditures of $7.35MM over the same period.

WTAMU had athletic expenditures of $11.26MM

WOU had athletic expenditures of $4.61MM

I guess it depends on perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

UMHB had athletic expenditures of $6.38MM in 2023.

CWU had athletic expenditures of $7.35MM over the same period.

WTAMU had athletic expenditures of $11.26MM

WOU had athletic expenditures of $4.61MM

I guess it depends on perspective.

I think the perspective is that D3 schools do not offer any athletic scholarships but choose to invest in athletics in different ways for that dollar amount in the D3 world.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X