Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If WOU then yes, WT. WT has never won against WOU. I know I know but that's why you play 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I agree.

I dont think UMHB would beat Harding, Grand Valley, etc.

I think UMHB vs. UTPB and ASU would be a good game.

The previous posters comment that any LSC team would beat UMHB is ridiculous.

They would easily be favored over Western New Mexico, Western Oregon, and now Sul Ross.

Maybe slight favorites over Eastern New Mexico, Midwestern State, and yes even WT?
      There have been years that no LSC team would beat UMHB, and probably not HSU. These two programs have been hanging close to 100 on teams in recent years. You have to understand the underbelly of these two programs to figure out why they have more talent. The division means nothing. I don't agree with their methods, but...

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

UMHB and Hardin Simmons would likely beat any LSC team. D3 can truly be the wild west, the way some of these schools operate.
        I'm a long time follower and very new to posting, but this is the dumbest post I've read in a long time.

There are more players in the NFL right now from the LSC that in the last 30 years of DIII football.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post

I'm a long time follower and very new to posting, but this is the dumbest post I've read in a long time.

There are more players in the NFL right now from the LSC that in the last 30 years of DIII football.
          Dumbest post huh? You must not be following very closely.

Sul Ross plays one or two LSC teams each year.

In 2023, they lost to WNMU by 14 on the road. 42-28. They lost 51-12 on the road at Kingsville. A total score of 93-40, on the road against two LSC programs.

The lost 55-7 at home to HSU. They lost at home to UMHB 37-13. A total score of 92-20, at home against HSU and UMHB.

In 2022, Sul Ross lost 35-14 to Kingsville on the road. 21 point loss margin on the road. They lost 70-35 to HSU at home, and 45-14 to UMHB at home. Loss margins of 35 and 31 at home.

So over three games against LSC opponents on the road, Sul Ross lost, on average, by a score of 43-18. A 25 point differential of loss on the road.

Over four games against HSU and UMHB at home, Sul Ross lost, on average, by a score of 52-17. A 35 point differential of loss at home.

I think this debate is done.
          Last edited by MooseLodge; 04-03-2024, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

There have been years that no LSC team would beat UMHB, and probably not HSU.
            Which years?

Comment

Debate done? All I saw is that Sul Ross gets their butt kicked st home and on the road.

Comment

Not the best example but last year D2 Michigan Tech from the GLIAC got smashed by D3 Wisconsin-Lacross 34-3 at home so it can happen and by a lot.

Comment

Not the best example but last year D2 Michigan Tech from the GLIAC got smashed by D3 Wisconsin-Lacross 34-3 at home so it can happen and by a lot.
                  Much like the rest of the GLIAC not named Grand Valley or Ferris (maybe Davenport, as well), the GLIAC isn't exactly great. The two Upper Peninsula schools have been consistently bad for some time now.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

And in 2007, a 4-7 St. Cloud State team beat the Division III champions 26-16.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

My favorite wild swing was in 2007 (I think) Montana State won at Colorado and next week lost at home to Chadron.

Comment

Slightly off topic but another D2 school decides to move up to D1.

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...a/73196362007/

Comment

Yeah there is always those book end bell curve exceptions.

Comment

Yeah there is always those book end bell curve exceptions.
                            Is the Michigan Tech loss to Lacrosse an exception?

Comment

Slightly off topic but another D2 school decides to move up to D1.

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...a/73196362007/
                              Yes. This is one of the most ridiculous ventures in the D2.com era.

Comment

Is the Michigan Tech loss to Lacrosse an exception?
                                Yep I only remember it happening a handful of times but there could be more or less.

I will do some research once eclipse fest is over next week.

My responses were more to the poster that said that MHB couldn't beat any LSC team.

MHB had an off year last year but I saw them play in person twice in 2021 when they won the D3 national championship and several LSC games on stream that year.

I would have bet all my pension and maxed out all the equity on my house and all other personal loans that MHB would have beaten most if not all LSC teams that year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X