X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    You're all over the place...
    I didn't start the topic.
    Not sure what knowing me has to do with anything.
    I never attacked your university. All I did was post statistics and facts within the thread. I didn't bash your university.

Also, if this upsets you so much, you don't have to post in this thread. You don't even have to open it or read it. You can simply ignore it and talk football. I'm sure CWU doesn't care if you come to their defense on a message board.
    I love this response. 10/10

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

THANK you for answering without getting butthurt...hahaha.

I guess rhe GUILTY showed their azz. Haha.

I appreciate you, as always.
      I will say that when it comes to be accepting of diversity, Washington State is most likely ahead of Texas, government-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
        Yakima County, just south of CWU is 50% hispanic. There's diversity around.
        My daughter lives in Yakima county (Wapato), it is the #1 producing apple county in the #1 producing apple state in the country. They also produce something like 85% of the hops grown in the US as well as a lot of other labor intensive crops.

Kittitas county where Ellensburg is located has about 81% white and 8% Hispanic.

But many, possibly most of the students at state schools east of the mountains (daughter went to WSU for Ag, Go Cougs!) come from the west side (Seattle, Tacoma, etc).
        Last edited by SPWOU; 03-17-2024, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I will say that when it comes to be accepting of diversity, Washington State is most likely ahead of Texas, government-wise.
          That's whst I thought until I read about racism at CWU. I don't see rhe state of Washington doing anything about it either. But with a 70% white population, I guess who cares. The accept drugs, LGBTQ, hippie lifestyle, et. al, but apparently not the 5.3% minority.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

My daughter lives in Yakima county (Wapato), it is the #1 producing apple county in the #1 producing apple state in the country. They also produce something like 85% of the hops grown in the US as well as a lot of other labor intensive crops.

Kittitas county where Ellensburg is located has about 81% white and 8% Hispanic.

But many, possibly most of the students at state schools east of the mountains (daughter went to WSU for Ag, Go Cougs!) come from the west side (Seattle, Tacoma, etc).
            Yeah, I live in the Valley. A bit east of your daughter. Grew up on a hop farm.

Comment

Obsession with "diversity" that is defined mostly by what percentages of people are what "colors", is patently racist.

Surely we can do better.

Comment

It is difficult to be as diverse as Texas up here in Washington, not being next door to a Hispanic nation, or ever have been a part of Mexico. Also different than Texas, there was never a specific financial incentive to import black people to Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by KamolaCat View Post
                  It is difficult to be as diverse as Texas up here in Washington, not being next door to a Hispanic nation, or ever have been a part of Mexico. Also different than Texas, there was never a specific financial incentive to import black people to Washington.
                  It was not referring to demographics regarding being diverse. I was referring to the the people of Washington being accepting of diversity.

And whether you have a 50% Black demographic or 1% Black demographic, racism is UNACCEPTABLE. PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

That's whst I thought until I read about racism at CWU. I don't see rhe state of Washington doing anything about it either. But with a 70% white population, I guess who cares. The accept drugs, LGBTQ, hippie lifestyle, et. al, but apparently not the 5.3% minority.
                    There is racism everywhere and sadly always will be. The only con I have found since moving here are the few racists that exist. Silly to make blanket statements about an entire state being racist because of a handful of idiots, I know you're just getting people riled up but I'll bite as it's a bit too chilly here today to go enjoy the sun or beach.

Seems everything is bigger in Texas though, including racism. https://www.texastribune.org/2023/03...st-propaganda/

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

There is racism everywhere and sadly always will be. The only con I have found since moving here are the few racists that exist. Silly to make blanket statements about an entire state being racist because of a handful of idiots, I know you're just getting people riled up but I'll bite as it's a bit too chilly here today to go enjoy the sun or beach.

Seems everything is bigger in Texas though, including racism. https://www.texastribune.org/2023/03...st-propaganda/
                      I suppose if he was really bored and wanted to cause chaos he could go to the NE10 Board and ask how diverse those universities are up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'm a subscriber to the Tribune, because I don't believe in cancelling different voices (see NBC). Also, they do a good job at Texas politics, especially during legislative sessions.

However, they are a decidedly, unabashed left-wing publication. You won't see any articles about anti-semitic pro-Hamas activists in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm a subscriber to the Tribune, because I don't believe in cancelling different voices (see NBC). Also, they do a good job at Texas politics, especially during legislative sessions.

However, they are a decidedly, unabashed left-wing publication. You won't see any articles about anti-semitic pro-Hamas activists in Texas.
                          Are you disputing the statistics they shared that Texas led the nation in white supremacist propaganda? If not, I can't say it matters much if they are left-wing or right-wing.

Comment

Also won in the 2020s

Comment

Pops, love you man but you must’ve been either bored or have some dislike for CWU.

Newsflash you don’t have to be white to be racist

Grew up poor in East Texas, lived by the blacks who had just as many racists in town as the whites. I took personally because I was a kid and didm’t understand it was a blanket statement of ignorance not just directed at me.

Good news was just like Turbo said they were only a handful in each race. Most folks just ignored them.

When I would visit my Dad in South Texas I experienced first hand racist Hispanics. Once again just a handful and others told me to just ignore them.

Ignoring idiots seems to work best. They don’t need a platform.

I really think our President is an idiot when he says White Supremacy is the greatest threat to our nation. The days of the KKK being a force is in the rear view mirror. There will be a much greater threat from all the unknowns coming through the border with no ID aka terrorists.

I do know this most folks who live in small towns across our country are much more people friendly and helpful regardless of color.

I can’t tell how many times as a kid growing up I was told to go help folks out when they needed it. I can’t ever remember only helping white folks that wasn’t an option.

Comment

"accepting of diversity". Yes of course but it sounds like you are talking about FEEELINGS (good and admirable). but not FACTS. FACTS FACTS FACTS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X