Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Really? I CALL BULLSH!T!!!!

Have you ever been followed around a store and "watched" because of your skin color? Have you been profiled as a shoplifter because of your ethnicity?

Another entitled White man.
    Go F yourself trying to race bait.

who cares if any of that has happened to me or not? It doesn’t mean I walk into a store and count how many people look like me. You’re pathetic. Truly.

Bu the way, YOU just profiled. Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Go F yourself trying to race bait.

who cares if any of that has happened to me or not? It doesn’t mean I walk into a store and count how many people look like me. You’re pathetic. Truly.

Bu the way, YOU just profiled. Hilarious.
      🙄 GROW Up!
      Last edited by ASUPops; 03-14-2024, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

From walking around your college, what are the diversity stats you would report? Walking around CWU isn't going to change the reported numbers.

I don't understand why some people are getting upset or defensive. Your college isn't as diverse as others. Some parts of the country aren't as diverse as others. Why get upset over statistics?
        You and some other people here seem really hooked on stats and facts, but they don't always tell the whole story. That's why I have asked that you please walk around our campus and go visit the student union building where everyone hangs out and you decide for yourself in person. Otherwise, it's just not fair for you to be posting this kind of stuff.

That's like me saying a study shows that 70% of students on Texas campuses smell really bad because they sweat so much because of how humid it is. But I'm not going to accuse Texas students of smelling bad until I go to a humid Texas campus and visit myself to see how sweaty everyone is.

I definitely know if there is any lack of any racial group at Central, it's not because of the admissions or the environment that the campus provides. They actually have a center for diversity and they do a lot of things to promote diversity there with events, clubs, etc. Is that something you also looked into before you made this post? I think it comes down to the town that they are in being a more conservative Eastern Washington agriculture/rodeo town which has a bit of a Hispanic population but that's about it. Ellensburg isn't really a destination town for blacks or Asians. Maybe they prefer to go to college in Bellingham instead, a much more liberal environment. So relative to the rest of the town CWU is definitely much more diverse and therefore does enhance the town's diversity which is nice to see.

Comment

This thread is gnarly.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            This thread is gnarly.
            This thread is a ASUpops instant classic. I didn’t fall for the trap but watch others get ensnared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

This thread is a ASUpops instant classic. I didn’t fall for the trap but watch others get ensnared.
              I was just meandering on through the board when I stumbled on it. It certainly was a read.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

You and some other people here seem really hooked on stats and facts, but they don't always tell the whole story. That's why I have asked that you please walk around our campus and go visit the student union building where everyone hangs out and you decide for yourself in person. Otherwise, it's just not fair for you to be posting this kind of stuff.

That's like me saying a study shows that 70% of students on Texas campuses smell really bad because they sweat so much because of how humid it is. But I'm not going to accuse Texas students of smelling bad until I go to a humid Texas campus and visit myself to see how sweaty everyone is.

I definitely know if there is any lack of any racial group at Central, it's not because of the admissions or the environment that the campus provides. They actually have a center for diversity and they do a lot of things to promote diversity there with events, clubs, etc. Is that something you also looked into before you made this post? I think it comes down to the town that they are in being a more conservative Eastern Washington agriculture/rodeo town which has a bit of a Hispanic population but that's about it. Ellensburg isn't really a destination town for blacks or Asians. Maybe they prefer to go to college in Bellingham instead, a much more liberal environment. So relative to the rest of the town CWU is definitely much more diverse and therefore does enhance the town's diversity which is nice to see.
                There is so much wrong with your post.

1. The man gave you HARD DEMOGRAPHICS. How can you argue that? It is OBJECTIVE. You arexsating go to the union hall and walk around and see for yourself. That is SUBJECTIVE. Unless WVERY student at CWU is at the union hall.

2. Comparing humidity and sweating people to HARD DEMOGRAPHICS is ABSURD. And quite frankly hilarious.... I spit water all over reading it. That was d@mn funny.

3. Maybe Blacks should go to schools and towns where there are more Blacks and that is more liberal??? Did you REALLY just say that??????? Ellensburg isn't really a town for Blacks and Asians because it's a conservative rodeo town. Did you really just say that too?????? Now I understand the article about racism at CWU.

My friend......EVERY American has the right to go into ANY and EVERY town, city, state, school, store, etc.. REGARDLESS of their skin color, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, et.al, without having to face racism, prejudice, and hatred. You DO understand that right? Suggesting "THEY should go eat at a black restaurant where THEY would feel more comfortable with their own kind" is akin to what you are saying.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Well, I'll say one thing, at least you are not hiding who you are and at least I appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

Who, what, me?

😉

I mean it IS off-season.

Comment

You are arguing an opinion. I posted stats and facts.

If 70% of students on a Texas campus smell really bad, then 70% of students on that campus smell bad. Also, for the most part, smell would be a subjective matter, so your argument isn't really helping your case.

If CWU is posting their demographic statistics, along with other sites, are we not supposed to believe them? The university itself is posting stats and facts about its campus.

I really don't understand your argument. You do understand the difference between an opinion and a fact, right?

I don't think I could have a civil argument with you. It seems you're taking this far too personal.
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

That's not sweat it's cowsh#t

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

There is so much wrong with your post.

1. The man gave you HARD DEMOGRAPHICS. How can you argue that? It is OBJECTIVE. You arexsating go to the union hall and walk around and see for yourself. That is SUBJECTIVE. Unless WVERY student at CWU is at the union hall.

2. Comparing humidity and sweating people to HARD DEMOGRAPHICS is ABSURD. And quite frankly hilarious.... I spit water all over reading it. That was d@mn funny.

3. Maybe Blacks should go to schools and towns where there are more Blacks and that is more liberal??? Did you REALLY just say that??????? Ellensburg isn't really a town for Blacks and Asians because it's a conservative rodeo town. Did you really just say that too?????? Now I understand the article about racism at CWU.

My friend......EVERY American has the right to go into ANY and EVERY town, city, state, school, store, etc.. REGARDLESS of their skin color, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual orientation, et.al, without having to face racism, prejudice, and hatred. You DO understand that right? Suggesting "THEY should go eat at a black restaurant where THEY would feel more comfortable with their own kind" is akin to what you are saying.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Well, I'll say one thing, at least you are not hiding who you are and at least I appreciate that.
                        I went to college there as recently at 2015. I'm not color blind. I saw plenty of diversity. That's all I can really say. I don't need people halfway across the country criticizing when they haven't even been to my campus.

And if you're going to quote me you better quote me correctly. I never said that blacks should only go to college more liberal towns. I merely said that those towns definitely attract students of other races a lot more than a small conservative agricultural town in Eastern Washington. So if you're going solely based on demographics and stats then yeah no s--t CWU is going to have numbers that don't look as good as universities in more racially diverse regions and cities. To be honest, if I was black I probably wouldn't have gone to college at CWU unless I was there for sports, and it has nothing to do with the university itself. like I said before, this has nothing to do with the admissions or the lack of promoting diversity in the university. They have a Center for diversity, clubs, and events all the time. But people would not know that if they didn't actually look into the university more or attend it or visit it. And that's my whole point when you are half a country away criticizing us.

I'm going to say it like I see it. But why continue this argument on an online forum when next time your team plays at Central, you can come up and visit and we can discuss this in person.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

You are arguing an opinion. I posted stats and facts.

If 70% of students on a Texas campus smell really bad, then 70% of students on that campus smell bad. Also, for the most part, smell would be a subjective matter, so your argument isn't really helping your case.

If CWU is posting their demographic statistics, along with other sites, are we not supposed to believe them? The university itself is posting stats and facts about its campus.

I really don't understand your argument. You do understand the difference between an opinion and a fact, right?

I don't think I could have a civil argument with you. It seems you're taking this far too personal.
                          You're the one who started it with a completely pointless topic that you posted to begin with. This is a football forum and this has nothing to do with football. I don't know who you are. I've never heard of you until this post and quite frankly I don't care who you are. I'm just coming to the defense of my university that I am proud of when some random internet troll is bashing it.

Comment

You're the one who started it with a completely pointless topic that you posted to begin with. This is a football forum and this has nothing to do with football. I don't know who you are. I've never heard of you until this post and quite frankly I don't care who you are. I'm just coming to the defense of my university that I am proud of when some random internet troll is bashing it.
                            You're all over the place...
                            I didn't start the topic.
                            Not sure what knowing me has to do with anything.
                            I never attacked your university. All I did was post statistics and facts within the thread. I didn't bash your university.

Also, if this upsets you so much, you don't have to post in this thread. You don't even have to open it or read it. You can simply ignore it and talk football. I'm sure CWU doesn't care if you come to their defense on a message board.
                            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              That's not sweat it's cowsh#t
                              Hahaha

Comment

I went to college there as recently at 2015. I'm not color blind. I saw plenty of diversity. That's all I can really say. I don't need people halfway across the country criticizing when they haven't even been to my campus.

And if you're going to quote me you better quote me correctly. I never said that blacks should only go to college more liberal towns. I merely said that those towns definitely attract students of other races a lot more than a small conservative agricultural town in Eastern Washington. So if you're going solely based on demographics and stats then yeah no s--t CWU is going to have numbers that don't look as good as universities in more racially diverse regions and cities. To be honest, if I was black I probably wouldn't have gone to college at CWU unless I was there for sports, and it has nothing to do with the university itself. like I said before, this has nothing to do with the admissions or the lack of promoting diversity in the university. They have a Center for diversity, clubs, and events all the time. But people would not know that if they didn't actually look into the university more or attend it or visit it. And that's my whole point when you are half a country away criticizing us.

I'm going to say it like I see it. But why continue this argument on an online forum when next time your team plays at Central, you can come up and visit and we can discuss this in person.
                                MY TEAM is a TOP D1 FBS. I did not attend Angelo State.

You are continuing to repeat yourself. My post has NOTHING to do with demographics, you completely missed the point and locked in on what CalifOKRA posted.

You simply don't understand. You listen to reply instead of listening to understand.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X