Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so if McBroom fires Colby Carthel and WTAMU gets rid of Lynn and brings Colby back to WTAMU then McBroom will have done for more for WTAMU Football while at another school than he did at while at WTAMU

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
      Is it even possible for WT to go D1?

Even if Sharp does want all A&M schools D1, would Kingsville be pushed to move up too?
      What sort of D1 are you referring to? Commerce, SFA, and Tarleton State kind, where you are only a pretender? Or a Baylor or Texas kind, where you are a player? Yes on the first kind, no on the second.

All A&M schools becoming D1 isn't even on John Sharp's radar screen. He couldn't care less.

Comment

Maybe SFA hired McBroom to lead the transition from D1 to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Didn't see that one coming.

That should be interesting being reunited with Colby Carthel,

Indifferent toward McBroom but really want to see Wendler shown the exit.
          Colby posted on Twitter that they are getting the best AD in the country

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
            Ok so if McBroom fires Colby Carthel and WTAMU gets rid of Lynn and brings Colby back to WTAMU then McBroom will have done for more for WTAMU Football while at another school than he did at while at WTAMU
            When is WT getting rid of the current President. This is Texas, and he could care less about sports and football in general. WT student growth is stagnant because of this guy. We had some great years for all the sports programs with McBroom. I was hoping for a move up to D1

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

When is WT getting rid of the current President. This is Texas, and he could care less about sports and football in general. WT student growth is stagnant because of this guy. We had some great years for all the sports programs with McBroom. I was hoping for a move up to D1
              1. Wendler is going nowhere. John Sharp loves the guy, as do some key big donors.
              2. Enrollment is declining at most universities around the country for several reasons. There are very few universities that are growing; most are getting smaller.
              3. McBroom is easily the best AD that WT ever had. Just look at where WT was when he started. New football stadium, sports complex, baseball and softball stadiums, Athletic training center, many more sports offered, most in the hunt for national championships. It's probably now the top D2 athletic program in the country.
              4. With the new college athletics landscape, moving to D1 doesn't mean anything anymore. True D1 has boiled down to programs with a budget of $100 million a year. Everyone else is playing pretend. What is the point of that? I'd rather have longer seasons with playoffs and lots of wins against comparable schools, than making the NCAA once a decade and getting embarrassed in the first round.
              5. With WT being probably the top D2 program in the country, there are going to be some very highly qualified applicants. Like him or not, Wendler has to come through. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.

Comment

Colby posted on Twitter that they are getting the best AD in the country
                smart man. He did some pretty nasty things to publicly embarrass McBroom, and fairly recently. Better start mending some fences.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

1. Wendler is going nowhere. John Sharp loves the guy, as do some key big donors.
                  2. Enrollment is declining at most universities around the country for several reasons. There are very few universities that are growing; most are getting smaller.
                  3. McBroom is easily the best AD that WT ever had. Just look at where WT was when he started. New football stadium, sports complex, baseball and softball stadiums, Athletic training center, many more sports offered, most in the hunt for national championships. It's probably now the top D2 athletic program in the country.
                  4. With the new college athletics landscape, moving to D1 doesn't mean anything anymore. True D1 has boiled down to programs with a budget of $100 million a year. Everyone else is playing pretend. What is the point of that? I'd rather have longer seasons with playoffs and lots of wins against comparable schools, than making the NCAA once a decade and getting embarrassed in the first round.
                  5. With WT being probably the top D2 program in the country, there are going to be some very highly qualified applicants. Like him or not, Wendler has to come through. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed.
                  Im Ok with D2 as long as we keep the programs at the level or better then they are now. Also Beef up the non conference sch would be fun to see Buffs beat a FCS team. Same with Basketball. I really dont get to exciting about seeing Buffs play Sul Ross. I guess I am just remembering my days at WT when we were D1 and Maurice cheeks was a classmate. Football did well under Bill Yung during those years, Max Sherman was President of WT at the time. Fingers crossed they keep this going.

Comment

West Texas and Angelo NEED to move to WAC. They are both ready and would benefit from the increased exposure. Their enrollment numbers would see a big increase as well. ACU and Tarleton would both love for them to make the move.

Comment

Im Ok with D2 as long as we keep the programs at the level or better then they are now.
                      It's going to be a massive challenge to keep programs at today's levels. Funding is being cut by admin, and even if it wasn't, WT needs A LOT more outside money coming in. As generous as Fairly/Bain/Schaeffer are, we need a dozen more of them, plus a whole bunch of little guys willing to write checks every year for a few $ thousand.

And of course, Wendler has to come through with a good hire. If he hires a lightweight with no management, marketing, and people skills, we are sunk.

Comment

I guess I am just remembering my days at WT when we were D1 and Maurice cheeks was a classmate. Football did well under Bill Yung during those years, Max Sherman was President of WT at the time. Fingers crossed they keep this going.
                        I remember those days. I also remember that basically all WT had was a football team, women's volleyball and basketball, and men's basketball. Max Sherman was there for only a brief time. WT has way more engagement from the panhandle now than they have ever had, with around 500 athletes. Hoping for a solid AD hire.

Comment

Originally posted by SPOLOVILO4EVER View Post
                          West Texas and Angelo NEED to move to WAC. They are both ready and would benefit from the increased exposure. Their enrollment numbers would see a big increase as well. ACU and Tarleton would both love for them to make the move.
                          Read that Stephen F.Austin 60/40 on rejoining the Southland.With Mcbroom taking over and new president coming in.Its highly likely they will make a move back.If they move back that would be a big blow to the WAC.

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

Read that Stephen F.Austin 60/40 on rejoining the Southland.With Mcbroom taking over and new president coming in.Its highly likely they will make a move back.If they move back that would be a big blow to the WAC.
                            Neither the Southland nor the WAC has anything on the LSC realistically. My only wish for the LSC is to have a couple more good football-playing schools. The LSC has tons of sports and is really entertaining in all of them. Schools in the WAC are spending $ millions yearly on travel. Dumb.

Comment

Moose I hate to tell you but the WAC is night and day better than the LSC. Now, the SLC is dog poop, but the WAC is a nationally recognized brand and offers great competition in all sports. ACU played NC State, Ok St, Ark in BB this year ( beating OK St) along with UTEP ( ACU won that one too) Tarleton played Virginia and Tennessee in B ball and Tex Tech in football. While LSC are stuck playing Sul Ross and Western NM, I bet they bring in HUGE crowds by the dozens to watch those games in Alpine and Silver City. You say we are dumb for traveling? That is rich while you guys go to Oregon and Washington and Canada! Our Revenue from athletics was also 2M more than our expenditures, travel is not that much of an issue but beating a Power conference team is priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by SPOLOVILO4EVER View Post
                                Moose I hate to tell you but the WAC is night and day better than the LSC. Now, the SLC is dog poop, but the WAC is a nationally recognized brand and offers great competition in all sports. ACU played NC State, Ok St, Ark in BB this year ( beating OK St) along with UTEP ( ACU won that one too) Tarleton played Virginia and Tennessee in B ball and Tex Tech in football. While LSC are stuck playing Sul Ross and Western NM, I bet they bring in HUGE crowds by the dozens to watch those games in Alpine and Silver City. You say we are dumb for traveling? That is rich while you guys go to Oregon and Washington and Canada! Our Revenue from athletics was also 2M more than our expenditures, travel is not that much of an issue but beating a Power conference team is priceless!
                                The WAC is a decent conference but quit making them sound like the SEC.

I missed the part where California Baptist, Utah Tech, Southern Utah, Seattle, and UTRGV have ever done anything?

Grand Canyon is carrying that conference and everyone else is riding their coattails.

That all will end when Grand Canyon joins the West Coast Conference and every team left is average.

Texas A&M Corpus Christi also beat UTEP on the road so UTEP isnt that great of an example.

The Southland isnt that great but they have the potential to be if they dump the rest of the Louisiana schools that are dragging them down and add the top LSC tier.

McNeese beat Michigan on the road in basketball, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and UTRGV beat Texas on the road in baseball.

McNeese will bolt for the Sun Belt when the Southland quits kissing their arse and realizes the value of poaching LSC schools,

My point is every WAC and Southland team are going to have access to the same athletes and be able to have those same type of victories.

If the new Southland has most of their conference games played in Texas then to me that is a no brainer move for any LSC team.

That being said we can all agree that playing Sul Ross and other equal future schools isnt going to get anyone really excited.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X