Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Season

Gimbel will win us some games and keep us in all of them.

If we have a defense we will be good. if the usual defense we will be average.

Gimbel will be the best qb in the league

Excited to see Wilkie and Carter Kirk at TE. if we get in the red zone both will be great weapons.

Comment

Nothing earth shattering in this post

BSU's defense should be strong as they return a lot of guys

The questions will be on offense as they will have some big shoes to fill on the O-line and QB.
      Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        I feel like the excitement for Southwest starts and finishes at QB and RB. Way too many question marks beyond that.

At least for me, I'm intrigued by all of the coaching changes and how different things will be. Still, I expect it to be a pretty standard SMSU season.
        Which standard season? it seems like its 4-7 or 7-4. I would love to c Stangs go 10-1. One loss of course to MAVS!

Comment

Originally posted by Fan1 View Post
          Which standard season? it seems like its 4-7 or 7-4. I would love to c Stangs go 10-1. One loss of course to MAVS!
          Anywhere in between there

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Anywhere in between there
            :good:

Comment

Originally posted by Fan1 View Post
              I predict 8-3 and playoffs or MWB -- but you make a fair point it seems like and either or!

Comment

Excited: There is going to be a new era of qb in Minot for the first time since they moved to D2. So that should be exciting. It looks like there's some good talent too, including a hometown kid.
                I think the secondary lost almost all of their starters, but I trust the db coach to get them where they were last year.
                Possibly recievers

Worried: Everything else.

Comment

Another area of excitement, which was a concern earlier. Am excited to see how Logan Wolf (DE transfer from Iowa State) can perform and help solidify the D-Line. He had a number of other D1 offers after announcing his intent to transfer from ISU.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    Another area of excitement, which was a concern earlier. Am excited to see how Logan Wolf (DE transfer from Iowa State) can perform and help solidify the D-Line. He had a number of other D1 offers after announcing his intent to transfer from ISU.
                    Iowa State is really ramping up their recruiting and I expect Logan Wolf to be pretty dominate in the NSIC

Comment

Augie had much bad luck in the QB position last season, 5th year senior Chase Marso left for Harvard Med school, his backup broke his ankle, D1 transfer QB broke his foot that left AU with a true frosh who played well at times but, lead the league in interceptions and it wasn't even close. I think our top recruit Peyton Zabel,QB 6'6" 220 lbs. Pierre SD may be the starter. He threw for 2742 yards,30 td's and ran for 6 td's, he has a very strong arm and will pitch for the baseball team. The Brewers drafted him out of HS in the 19th round. Peyton won just about every award both athletically and for academics his senior year. will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Comment

Excited to see 1 more year of Gimbel.

Excited for our tight ends and receivers.

Curious as to a new defensive coach and scheme.

Comment

I wonder when the NSIC site will post the composite schedule for football.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                            I predict 8-3 and playoffs or MWB -- but you make a fair point it seems like and either or!
                            8-3 will not get you in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              I wonder when the NSIC site will post the composite schedule for football.
                              They're usually pretty slow with that. And too bad my schedule thread was lost, because that's an easy way to reference all the schedules.

Comment

Last season was ruled by.

Mankato 11-0
                                Winona 10-1
                                USF 9-2
                                UMD 9-2

Can fans of those teams let us know if they can repeat?

Who thinks their teams will improve?

My thoughts are that Augustana will reverse it's 4-7 season to 7-4. Quarterback play for the Vikings can only get better. Other then that AU has a solid lineup returning.

What have you got?
                                Last edited by vikingfaithful; 07-07-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X