Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of FB player who died sues WSU

This happened four years ago but the suit has been filed now.

https://www.winonadailynews.com/news...06ceff51f.html

Re: Mother of FB player who died sues WSU

Originally posted by laker View Post
    This happened four years ago but the suit has been filed now.

https://www.winonadailynews.com/news...06ceff51f.html
    We, unfortunately, live in a litigious society. Things happen, but are they worth or worthy of a lawsuit?

Comment

WSU allegiance aside, I don't understand the point of bringing forth a lawsuit 4 years after the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
        WSU allegiance aside, I don't understand the point of bringing forth a lawsuit 4 years after the incident.
        While reading the article, the mother originally said that she didn't blame WSU. What changed- the lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          While reading the article, the mother originally said that she didn't blame WSU. What changed- the lawyer?
          Very strong possibility, also interesting that the family didn't know of any heart conditions prior to the death.

Comment

Very strong possibility, also interesting that the family didn't know of any heart conditions prior to the death.
            I don't know how they can blame WSU. I suppose they have to blame someone.

Comment

Our church has been working to establish funds to build a new school. Those plans were put on hold as there was class action filed against our diocese. The reason we were part of it was from an alleged incident from 1964...(hoping everyone keeps the jokes to themselves here)

It's been resolved now, but it was a weird place. While you feel for victims, if that was the case, to come back 50+ years later and put some little kids future at risk is sad. We arent a small community but it was possible that millions of dollars that we had poured into a bright future could have disappeared in a blink.

I just hope I never have to be part of anything like these situations. When dealing with pain it's hard to think rationally some times.

Comment

A lawsuit is not surprising. In situations like this, you have a public university that will always be under pressure to settle a suit like this. My guess is the family's lawyer knows this....

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                  A lawsuit is not surprising. In situations like this, you have a public university that will always be under pressure to settle a suit like this. My guess is the family's lawyer knows this....
                  +1

It's not too much of a stretch to speculate that some lawyer approached them and said something to the effect of, "I bet I can get you $$$ without the suit going to trial."

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    +1

It's not too much of a stretch to speculate that some lawyer approached them and said something to the effect of, "I bet I can get you $$$ without the suit going to trial."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X