Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nullified Game?

It's mentioned in the standings thread that UIU has a nullified win(?) can someone share what that means exactly?

Re: Nullified Game?

No news articles anywhere, no info on the school or conference website I sent emails to the AD and the conference itself asking what happened. No response as of yet

Comment

I asked them on Twitter last night. Still no answer.

I'm wondering if an ex-QB who used to post quite often on here slipped onto the field for a play now that his eligibility has expired.

Comment

Originally posted by cidpeacock View Post
        It's mentioned in the standings thread that UIU has a nullified win(?) can someone share what that means exactly?
        It's similar to when it happened to Winona State in basketball early this decade. There was likely a recruiting violation or something else that has resulted in UIU playing with an ineligible player.

From the NSIC Constitution:

The nullification "formula" for football is 0.023. How that's applied, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          It's similar to when it happened to Winona State in basketball early this decade. There was likely a recruiting violation or something else that has resulted in UIU playing with an ineligible player.

From the NSIC Constitution:

The nullification "formula" for football is 0.023. How that's applied, I'm not sure.
          I will speak to this briefly in my column this week....but you are on the right track here. I spoke with the league office today about it briefly.

Self-reported, a player was allowed to play in a game when they were not eligible. The - .023 to their winning % is applied but does not impact W/L of any of the teams involved. Instead of being .333 overall, they are listed at .310. (win percentage)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            I will speak to this briefly in my column this week....but you are on the right track here. I spoke with the league office today about it briefly.

Self-reported, a player was allowed to play in a game when they were not eligible. The - .023 to their winning % is applied but does not impact W/L of any of the teams involved. Instead of being .333 overall, they are listed at .310. (win percentage)
            As usual, TMZ Witt comes through. Or would this be 60 Minutes Witt? Either way, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Thanks

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X