Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Duluth

Can a Duluth person give me some more information on the stadium?

Are concessions cash only? And what types of food/hot drinks are available? Any specific rules for bringing bags in with me?

Is tailgating a big deal, and anything else worth planning for in advance?

Re: Questions for Duluth

I'll let the Bulldog fans do most of the answering, but as I said before, try to get down to Canal Street. And dress in layers, it can get pretty cold.................

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

Are concessions cash only? And what types of food/hot drinks are available? Any specific rules for bringing bags in with me?

Like laker said, dress for cold. Like Antarctica cold.

Comment

Last time I was there they had an open fire in a burn barrel.

Comment

As everyone else has stated it gets fricken cold up there. Commerce has gotten to explore all parts of Minnesota in just under a year! But Duluth is a different animal in terms of coldness compared to Mankato and Winona.

Comment

Weather channel says expected high of 22 degrees for next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              I guess a warm front is moving through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                I guess a warm front is moving through.
                thats a manageable temp if the wind is reasonable. We got lucky last year with 2 games in Minn with 40+ degree temps and mid 30s in Central Wash.

Comment

thats a manageable temp if the wind is reasonable. We got lucky last year with 2 games in Minn with 40+ degree temps and mid 30s in Central Wash.
                  That was a sauna in Mankato last year. The snow might have slowed you down! :smile-big:

Comment

And a low of 12 so that's not that bad for Duluth.

Comment

Just looked now....17 degrees at Kick. 5mph winds tho would be better than worse.

Commerce folks..take a quick look at a map for Duluth..it's right on the lake and is a tourist area in the summer (nice downtown area there right on the lake) etc.

They tailgate pretty well there and they had a beer garden inside the stadium past the end zone....but not sure what's the latest with that. Anyway, nice stadium (Malosky) and very friendly people there.

Comment

Comment

Tailgating is very big, you probably will be invited to eat at various parents tailgates as everyone is very friendly, beer is served, not sure about hot drinks, but hot food is served, usually Famous Daves is serving. As mentioned play to go to Canal Park, and Bentleyville should be open (spectacular Christmas lights) it is close to Canal park.

Comment

Looks like I'll be in Superior, WI just down the road from Duluth. I'm going to be there Fri & Sat nights. What is there to do there/Duluth? Any good eats? What is Canal st?
                            Last edited by LionFan; 11-12-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              Looks like I'll be in Superior, WI just down the road from Duluth. I'm going to be there Fri & Sat nights. What is there to do there/Duluth? Any good eats? What is Canal st?
                              Best burgers anywhere are available at the Anchor Bar right there in Superior. The place looks like a dive from the outside, but the burgers are top notch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X