Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota St. Vs. Sioux Falls

Mavs have it all...highly skilled players, depth and tradition yet this road game should prove difficult against a feisty well coached Sioux Falls team. USF is a small school who takes great pride in it's football program which has 4 national championships and 27 successive winning seasons. On paper this looks like a 20 point Mav victory, I think Kato will win in a close game.

Comment

These games have proved to be some real battles. Both of the blowouts were at USF- when Wold jumped over St Pierre and after the Mavs lost to Winona and had a closed door meeting. When USF won in Kato to stay unbeaten the Mavs hung with them for about three quarters before the Coo put it away. Then there was the miracle comeback game when MSU scored twice late to steal the win.

Such a cliche to say it but turnovers could well be the difference. Mavs have been on a roll, no one has been able to run on them, and offensively they have been using all of their weapons for a balanced attack. Looking forward to a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
        A win would most certainly lock them in a playoff spot.
        I think USF needs both a win and for Augie to lose one more to lock a playoff spot. A Coo win by itself would give USF an Augie the same record, and Augie holds the head-to-head.

Comment

A great deal on the line for both teams, obviously. The Mavs have had the opportunity to rest a lot of starting position players the past three weeks for a good share of the game, so hopefully they should be at or near full strength for this game.

Comment

USF is a better team than UMD, so this should certainly help our SOS. This will be our last test before the playoffs. Looking forward to the game.

Comment

Early weather forecast for Saturday- 48, wind 9 mph, 20% chance of precipitation.

Comment

USF has been without Gabe, Sigg, Ty Smith and the Johnson the CB for most of the year. As far as I know, all have played 4 games or less (if this is a D2 rule) so could redshirt and have another year of eligibility. Also, Trey Pipkins is in the NFL. This is too much of a loss to take down Mankato. Unless Kato has 3-4 turnovers that turn into TDs, Kato wins by at least 20.

Looking at the stats Zylstra has as many catches, yards and TD as the next 4 Kato receivers. Unless he is bracketed and kept to a few catches and no significant drive moving catches Kato is head and shoulders above the rest of the league. IF you can contain Zylstra to very little, this Gunn guy is pretty good to...........also the D only gives up 8.6 ppg. Kato has scored 52 TDs, Gunn and Zylstra have 27 of them. Two many weapons, execute too well. USF isn't there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                  USF has been without Gabe, Sigg, Ty Smith and the Johnson the CB for most of the year. As far as I know, all have played 4 games or less (if this is a D2 rule) so could redshirt and have another year of eligibility. Also, Trey Pipkins is in the NFL. This is too much of a loss to take down Mankato. Unless Kato has 3-4 turnovers that turn into TDs, Kato wins by at least 20.

Looking at the stats Zylstra has as many catches, yards and TD as the next 4 Kato receivers. Unless he is bracketed and kept to a few catches and no significant drive moving catches Kato is head and shoulders above the rest of the league. IF you can contain Zylstra to very little, this Gunn guy is pretty good to...........also the D only gives up 8.6 ppg. Kato has scored 52 TDs, Gunn and Zylstra have 27 of them. Two many weapons, execute too well. USF isn't there this year.

Comment

Here is what I found on D2 football redshirt "According toto Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance Scott Young, the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt: The injury must have occurred in the first half of the season and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season."

That would apply to Gabe and Johnson but not sure on Sigg or Smith. I think Smith is a Jr so that wouldn't matter for next year.

However, D2 should implement the 4 game rule.....it would be best for the athletes.

Comment

Big game this week for both squads as Kato looks for a playoff resume booster as well as clinching the conference crown outright (correct me if I'm wrong) and USF looks for a marquee win in their playoff quest. USF offense has looked improved in opening up the offense a little more while Walters has played mistake free football, with only 2 INTs on the year, and the running game has been going up and down against almost everyone. I think USF has a lot of talent that some people may be overlooking, as that defense has been outstanding since CSP scored 41 in the opener. In the Augie game, the TD scoring drives went a grand total of 5 and 1 yards. In total, Augie had only 139(!) yards of offense, but yet USF had mistakes that beat them. With that being said, Kato has been a machine and they have ballers at every position which causes headaches in every facet. Their coaches are also excellent in their preparation and they have them ready to play every week, no matter the opponent.

Mistake free football is a must in any game, but for USF in this one it's huge. If they play mistake-free, turnover-free football then there's a chance they can get a game into the 4th as Kato will have to deal with the #1 defense in the nation in terms of YPG. ICYWY, Kato is #2 so get ready for some talent on the defensive side of the ball both for both sides. Mistakes will crush USF as Kato isn't the type of team to let you get away with that. Looking forward to an amazing game! Along with Augie-Winona, what a big weekend in the NSIC. 4 teams involved in the playoff mix, gotta love it.

Comment

Man I want to be more fired up about this game but the Coo have made it extremely difficult this season with their myriad of self-inflicted mistakes. The no-show against CSP and the slop against Augie has put their backs against the proverbial PO wall and they need a W. Witt's writeup nailed it, I think the USF D keeps it close early but Kato just is on another level this season. Not sure we have the horses on offense to keep it with all the injuries (Good med tent summary Ironlinks). Plus, with this regime there's always fear of a special teams implosion or costly turnover. Hoping this game is more like the 2017 version at the Bob than the 2015 version (shudders).

Prove me wrong Coo, find a way to get it done.
                        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                        2016 NSIC Champions
                        πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                          Man I want to be more fired up about this game but the Coo have made it extremely difficult this season with their myriad of self-inflicted mistakes. The no-show against CSP and the slop against Augie has put their backs against the proverbial PO wall and they need a W. Witt's writeup nailed it, I think the USF D keeps it close early but Kato just is on another level this season. Not sure we have the horses on offense to keep it with all the injuries (Good med tent summary Ironlinks). Plus, with this regime there's always fear of a special teams implosion or costly turnover. Hoping this game is more like the 2017 version at the Bob than the 2015 version (shudders).

Prove me wrong Coo, find a way to get it done.
                          I think we just need to have our long snapper line up backwards and bomb it 50 yards downfield to a receiver. :D

Comment

Is the stream working for people?

Comment

Originally posted by msumavfan View Post
                              Is the stream working for people?
                              Nope!! Thank god for Twitter!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X