Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux Falls @ CO Mines

Don't know anything about Mines other than they like to score points so just wanted to get this rolling. Excited to escape the NSIC silo and see a new team.

Let's go Coo. New season.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Kickoff set for 1pm Central time

https://minesathletics.com/news/2019...rst-round.aspx
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Comment

I'm right there with you. I assumed there was no way the committee was going to let in three NSIC teams, especially with how the conference has fared overall in the playoffs in the last four years.

I am pleasantly shocked.

Now go NSIC, win some playoff games and prove to the committee that they made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I'm right there with you. I assumed there was no way the committee was going to let in three NSIC teams, especially with how the conference has fared overall in the playoffs in the last four years.

I am pleasantly shocked.

Now go NSIC, win some playoff games and prove to the committee that they made the right choice.
          Agreed. For awhile, I thought the NSIC might just get one team in. Then teams started losing and I knew we would get two. To get three is great. But yes, win some games and make the committee look good!

Go Coo! Go Vikings! Come home happy!

Comment

If Angelo wins either of the last 2 games then they are in, but they didn't.

Mines has improved greatly on the defensive side of the ball and also improved their running game compared to what has become them stereotype for them. Their young QB is a stud and makes plays. Defense is physical and talks a lot. Their stadium is nice, having opened 2 years ago, much better than what they played in prior. Weather shouldn't be an issue at all which is a positive for both teams.

Comment

One thing that might be a factor for USF is playing at altitude. That's something they're definitely not used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                One thing that might be a factor for USF is playing at altitude. That's something they're definitely not used to.
                It's only 5,600 feet. Pueblo has played anywhere from 2,000 feet to 7,700 feet and does so every year with no issues. If anything it'd be a mental issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  If Angelo wins either of the last 2 games then they are in, but they didn't.

Mines has improved greatly on the defensive side of the ball and also improved their running game compared to what has become them stereotype for them. Their young QB is a stud and makes plays. Defense is physical and talks a lot. Their stadium is nice, having opened 2 years ago, much better than what they played in prior. Weather shouldn't be an issue at all which is a positive for both teams.
                  Turbo....I gotta ask, I've only watched 2 Mines games....and noticed over the last month they've allowed 28ppg to APU, SD Mines, Dixie, and then Chadron. Have they gotten injuries or what gives? For a strong defensive team (per the numbers in the first half of the year), those totals would be concerning. Obviously they've scored plenty more....I just haven't had the time to fully dig into them yet. Thanks.

Their AA RB Mayberry gets hurt and his sub has run for over 1,000 yards in the last month (4 games)..with 10 scores..an average of 10 yards per. Whoof..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    Their AA RB Mayberry gets hurt and his sub has run for over 1,000 yards in the last month (4 games)..with 10 scores..an average of 10 yards per. Whoof..
                    That's pretty impressive. I hope we don't have another Nate Gunn type day.

Comment

Altitude will be a factor. Sioux Falls sits about 1400 Pueblo is 5600. For Colorado people this is not a problem. I do a lot of endurance events (and so do other people around the country) and we are known as flatlanders......we do not do well at altitude. I have a friends and family around Boulder and every time we visit it takes days to get used to the altitude. Any team going there will need to rotate the D-line or they will wilt. Injuries have limited a LOT of what SF can do. I like Mines in basically a rout (barring any significant injuries in practice this week). However, SF is lucky they don't play Tarleton.

Question for RMAC fans..........How many scholarships does the RMAC allow and where are the teams for schollies? The NSIC just got out of the 1800s and allow 36 schollies but few teams are at that level. 6-7 extra schollies is huge esp this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                        Altitude will be a factor. Sioux Falls sits about 1400 Pueblo is 5600. For Colorado people this is not a problem. I do a lot of endurance events (and so do other people around the country) and we are known as flatlanders......we do not do well at altitude. I have a friends and family around Boulder and every time we visit it takes days to get used to the altitude. Any team going there will need to rotate the D-line or they will wilt. Injuries have limited a LOT of what SF can do. I like Mines in basically a rout (barring any significant injuries in practice this week). However, SF is lucky they don't play Tarleton.

Question for RMAC fans..........How many scholarships does the RMAC allow and where are the teams for schollies? The NSIC just got out of the 1800s and allow 36 schollies but few teams are at that level. 6-7 extra schollies is huge esp this time of year
                        The RMAC is currently at 34 scholarships allowed, next year they'll finally bump it up to 36. Pueblo is not yet at that 34 number, Mines very well might be.

Pueblo is only at 4600 feet though. Endurance events are much different than a football game. If the teams buy into altitude being a factor then it will be.

Comment

Winona is at 36. Not sure who else is- MSU isn't. We are trying, but we aren't there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The RMAC is currently at 34 scholarships allowed, next year they'll finally bump it up to 36. Pueblo is not yet at that 34 number, Mines very well might be.

Pueblo is only at 4600 feet though. Endurance events are much different than a football game. If the teams buy into altitude being a factor then it will be.
                            Wait, Pueblo? Mines is located in Golden, correct? Or am I getting confused? (Not the first time.)

Comment

CO Mines is located in Golden, Colorado (home of the Coors brewery) and is at ~5,800ft above sea level.
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X