Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he's available. One guy I always enjoy watchin'.

Comment

• Comment

• Two years ago today I sat, but mostly stood, through the most amazing game that I have ever attended. Mavs come from behind to beat Tarleton in the playoff game in blizzard conditions. Thank goodness that they were wearing gold that day so that I could see them.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

• I ended up in the ditch midway between Nicollet and Gaylord. Yes, before the game the story was that the weather would not be a problem. After the game it was that the game never should have been played in such conditions. Can't have it both ways. I hated playing in the snow and I've lived here all of my life. You can't understate the weather, it was a huge factor.

Comment

I ended up in the ditch midway between Nicollet and Gaylord. Yes, before the game the story was that the weather would not be a problem. After the game it was that the game never should have been played in such conditions. Can't have it both ways. I hated playing in the snow and I've lived here all of my life. You can't understate the weather, it was a huge factor.
                Typical LSC fans, their team is the best ever, then they get beat.

Comment

Two years ago today I sat, but mostly stood, through the most amazing game that I have ever attended. Mavs come from behind to beat Tarleton in the playoff game in blizzard conditions. Thank goodness that they were wearing gold that day so that I could see them.

I remember watchin' it on either the 'net or TV and thinkin', "Better them than me." And bein' thankful I moved to the desert so I don't have to live through those types of games anymore.

Comment

• I started watching that drive, then I turned my attention to something else (but kept "listening" too it). I'll never forget diverting my attention back to the game and thinking "Huh, the Mavs still have the ball. Nice. Wait..."

Comment

• I picked up three of these last night. Unfortunately, SAGE (the manufacturer) lost their NCAA license years ago - so they had to airbrush the Mavs logo on the helmet. Still interesting to see that he got some football cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        I picked up three of these last night. Unfortunately, SAGE (the manufacturer) lost their NCAA license years ago - so they had to airbrush the Mavs logo on the helmet. Still interesting to see that he got some football cards.

Covid screwed him big time. He should be at least on a practice squad or at the very least gotten a tryout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Covid screwed him big time. He should be at least on a practice squad or at the very least gotten a tryout.
                          No kidding. He should have landed somewhere in the professional ranks, yet nobody gave him a look - all because COVID shut down his opportunity to showcase himself at a regional combine or something. I really feel for him.

Starting a collection of these cards is bittersweet in that regard - I'm glad he has a card, though I'm bummed he didn't make it to the next level (yet?).

COVID really screwed the small-school guys in terms of UDFA. It completely altered the MLB draft too, and I am beginning to wonder if D2 guys will ever get a real shot at professional baseball ever again - though the restructuring of the MiLB didn't help any.

Comment

• SAGE also released an autograph card for Shane. I don't own this one yet though I will probably snag a few today. Both cards have a few different variations that I intend to pick up as well as I find them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

No kidding. He should have landed somewhere in the professional ranks, yet nobody gave him a look - all because COVID shut down his opportunity to showcase himself at a regional combine or something. I really feel for him.

Starting a collection of these cards is bittersweet in that regard - I'm glad he has a card, though I'm bummed he didn't make it to the next level (yet?).

COVID really screwed the small-school guys in terms of UDFA. It completely altered the MLB draft too, and I am beginning to wonder if D2 guys will ever get a real shot at professional baseball ever again - though the restructuring of the MiLB didn't help any.

Comment

• I didn't know Shane had a baby, that's cool! I could see him taking the Brandon route and going up north for a while, probably a lot harder to do with a child though. Whatever he ends up doing, football or not - I'm sure he'll do great at it! I'm just glad I have a new NSIC player to collect cards for - Adam Thielen is way too expensive, and I already completed my Wayne Hawkins collection :D

I'm a little torn on the Saints. MN is really starved for affiliated ball and they are an excellent candidate. However, I really liked the position they created for themselves in indy ball - most teams could only dream of reaching those heights, even many affiliated clubs. In any case, it will sure be exciting!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X