X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC influence in the Alliance of American Football

@WittD2Football
    More
    The new Alliance of American Football (AAF) will start the week after the Super Bowl. 8 teams who just got down to final rosters. Local hopefuls Max Mickey and Luke Papilion (USF), Austin Kuhnert (NDSU), and Sam Lee (Augie) were in camps but fell short of final rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      @WittD2Football
      More
      The new Alliance of American Football (AAF) will start the week after the Super Bowl. 8 teams who just got down to final rosters. Local hopefuls Max Mickey and Luke Papilion (USF), Austin Kuhnert (NDSU), and Sam Lee (Augie) were in camps but fell short of final rosters.
      Non D2 but some local kids made the San Diego Fleet final roster.... Philip Nelson, yes that Philip Nelson, and Andrew Shelter DT

Comment

@WittD2Football
        More
        Bummer to hear this. I saw final cuts had been made last night and check the roster for both Papillion and Lee, both were still listed so I didn't quite believe your tweet this morning. BUT looks like it was an page that hadn't been updated or was even the actual AAF page. So i messed up there. Memphis and Birmingham are easy trips for me down here, was hoping to catch a game or two.

Still pretty excited for this league. I think it has some great potential. One, additional football opportunities for borderline NFL guys (many who we root for at our level) Two, pace of the game. My absolute biggest issue with FBS and NFL games. I long for the ability to attend more USF/D2 games for this reason alone, the pace of play. The TV timeouts for these SEC games can be brutal to the flow. In the AAF: "There are no television timeouts during games and an ongoing effort to have fewer commercials to reduce overall game time to roughly 150 minutes instead of 180 minutes in the NFL."
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
          Non D2 but some local kids made the San Diego Fleet final roster.... Philip Nelson, yes that Philip Nelson, and Andrew Shelter DT
          Zimmy, I wouldn't have made mention of Philip Nelson no matter the situation....given his actions of 4-5 years ago.

Initially, the Head Coaches will probably draw the most attn to the AAF.
          Mike Singletary, Memphis
          Mike Martz, San Diego
          Steve Spurrier, Orlando
          Brad Childress, Atlanta
          Mike Riley, San Antonio
          Dennis Erickson, Salt Lake City
          Rick Neuheisel, Arizona
          Tim Lewis, Birmingham

Comment

Zimmy, I wouldn't have made mention of Philip Nelson no matter the situation....given his actions of 4-5 years ago.

Mike Singletary, Memphis
            Mike Martz, San Diego
            Steve Spurrier, Orlando
            Brad Childress, Atlanta
            Mike Riley, San Antonio
            Rick Neuheisel, Arizona
            Tim Lewis, Birmingham
            I thought Childress bailed on Atlanta?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              I thought Childress bailed on Atlanta?
              He did. Head coach is now something called Kevin Coyle, who was originally set to be Chilly's DC.

Comment

Mike Singletary, Memphis
                Mike Martz, San Diego
                Steve Spurrier, Orlando
                Brad Childress, Atlanta
                Mike Riley, San Antonio
                Rick Neuheisel, Arizona
                Tim Lewis, Birmingham
                Meh, people can take it how they want. There's mistakes on both sides that's having seen the videos and worked with Isaac for a while now...I personally think Nelson should have gotten much worse punishment but I thought people might be interested to see local kids make a pro league

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X