• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Husky View Post
    I see St Thomas is dropping Men's and Women's Tennis
    https://news.stthomas.edu/may-11-2021-faq/

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I wonder if they didn't want to have a conference game be played on an outdoor rink with uncontrollable ice conditions. The Nhl had problems with their games this year and they have a bigger budget to play with.
      St. Thomas will be a conference member in the CCHA next year. When Hockey Day was held in Bemidji in 2019, BSU and Michigan Tech played a conference game on Friday night outdoors and then in the Sanford Center on Saturday night.
      Millsy

Comment

Was hoping for Bemidji as our opponent. I believe they would be more likely to travel down than UST fans and they are more interesting thn UST is to our fans. The game would be more competitive as well.

Comment

Schedule is set. Looking forward to heckling UST in person.
          https://minnesotaminutes.com/the-sch...-participants/
          Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 08-09-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

A Southern Minnesota Celebrity Game? Kinda going to be curious what those rosters look like...

Looks like a decent line-up all-in-all. I would have shifted the schedule around a bit though, move the Mankatos in the Prior Lake/EGF spot, or at least give them the night game on Friday.

No matter, I might have to make a weekend out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              A Southern Minnesota Celebrity Game? Kinda going to be curious what those rosters look like...

Looks like a decent line-up all-in-all. I would have shifted the schedule around a bit though, move the Mankatos in the Prior Lake/EGF spot, or at least give them the night game on Friday.

No matter, I might have to make a weekend out of it.
              I was hoping they would have incorporated the Mankato high schools on Saturday. Maybe they don't have the big name draws but it would be nice to showcase the teams and talent outside the Twin Cities area.

Comment

I was hoping they would have incorporated the Mankato high schools on Saturday. Maybe they don't have the big name draws but it would be nice to showcase the teams and talent outside the Twin Cities area.
                Yeah, same. Honestly, the other game needed to take a back seat. E v. W is an up-and-coming rivalry. The fans show up for it. It would have looked great on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, same. Honestly, the other game needed to take a back seat. E v. W is an up-and-coming rivalry. The fans show up for it. It would have looked great on TV.
                  Exactly, I forget which one but doesn't one of them routinely make it to state?

Comment

Exactly, I forget which one but doesn't one of them routinely make it to state?
                    West. though East has been pretty good in recent years.

I probably mentioned it in the thread, but they met in the section finals in 2019. They played in Rochester, and it was pretty much a sell-out from what I remember.

Comment

From what I understand the MN Wild sets the schedule. There are some people in the area bitter about the Northern teams and metro teams getting the prime spots, but events like this always make people unhappy in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        From what I understand the MN Wild sets the schedule. There are some people in the area bitter about the Northern teams and metro teams getting the prime spots, but events like this always make people unhappy in some way.
                        Yeah. If it were scheduled the other way, people would complain that they aren't showcasing bigger name teams - which I get. FSN is going to want the most eyes on the product. Then there's also the coordination between the NCAA, NHL, and MSHSL schedules which I'm sure causes all kinds of havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          Always true, but I feel that if they are in Mankato, Mankato teams should be showcased more. Perhaps a grow the game sort of thing. I will still watch and hopefully attend, just disappointed this they way they went.

Comment

Always true, but I feel that if they are in Mankato, Mankato teams should be showcased more. Perhaps a grow the game sort of thing. I will still watch and hopefully attend, just disappointed this they way they went.

Comment

My guess is that E v. W got the Saturday snub because they added in the Mav women's game at the end. The format does change year to year, but I believe that's a first. Certainly nothing wrong with showcasing the women though, I don't mean to imply that.

EGF and Prior Lake seem like a weird matchup to me. When I went, the big game was STA and Hill-Murray - which was a HUGE matchup at the time. This seems random by comparison to some of their other showcase high school games. Granted, I haven't followed HS hockey too closely in a few years - but still. I could think of 10 AA teams that would be a better draw.

Anyway, yeah - I agree. The town I grew up in, the folks would get a little heated every time something happened athletically and the news wouldn't cover it. I gave up trying to explain why.

Comment

Has anyone heard if the Mavs/UST game will be held at the outdoor rink or at the arena? I hope it's outside, but I get it if they choose to hold it at the arena.

My plan is to make a weekend out of this if I'm still living within driving distance in January. Heck, I may still go even if I'm not.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X