X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    From what I understand the MN Wild sets the schedule. There are some people in the area bitter about the Northern teams and metro teams getting the prime spots, but events like this always make people unhappy in some way.
    Yeah. If it were scheduled the other way, people would complain that they aren't showcasing bigger name teams - which I get. FSN is going to want the most eyes on the product. Then there's also the coordination between the NCAA, NHL, and MSHSL schedules which I'm sure causes all kinds of havoc.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    From what I understand the MN Wild sets the schedule. There are some people in the area bitter about the Northern teams and metro teams getting the prime spots, but events like this always make people unhappy in some way.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Exactly, I forget which one but doesn't one of them routinely make it to state?
    West. though East has been pretty good in recent years.

I probably mentioned it in the thread, but they met in the section finals in 2019. They played in Rochester, and it was pretty much a sell-out from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, same. Honestly, the other game needed to take a back seat. E v. W is an up-and-coming rivalry. The fans show up for it. It would have looked great on TV.
    Exactly, I forget which one but doesn't one of them routinely make it to state?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I was hoping they would have incorporated the Mankato high schools on Saturday. Maybe they don't have the big name draws but it would be nice to showcase the teams and talent outside the Twin Cities area.
    Yeah, same. Honestly, the other game needed to take a back seat. E v. W is an up-and-coming rivalry. The fans show up for it. It would have looked great on TV.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    A Southern Minnesota Celebrity Game? Kinda going to be curious what those rosters look like...

Looks like a decent line-up all-in-all. I would have shifted the schedule around a bit though, move the Mankatos in the Prior Lake/EGF spot, or at least give them the night game on Friday.

No matter, I might have to make a weekend out of it.
    I was hoping they would have incorporated the Mankato high schools on Saturday. Maybe they don't have the big name draws but it would be nice to showcase the teams and talent outside the Twin Cities area.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    A Southern Minnesota Celebrity Game? Kinda going to be curious what those rosters look like...

Looks like a decent line-up all-in-all. I would have shifted the schedule around a bit though, move the Mankatos in the Prior Lake/EGF spot, or at least give them the night game on Friday.

No matter, I might have to make a weekend out of it.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    Schedule is set. Looking forward to heckling UST in person.
    https://minnesotaminutes.com/the-sch...-participants/
    Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 08-09-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Leave a comment:

• Supercal95
    replied
    Was hoping for Bemidji as our opponent. I believe they would be more likely to travel down than UST fans and they are more interesting thn UST is to our fans. The game would be more competitive as well.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied

I wonder if they didn't want to have a conference game be played on an outdoor rink with uncontrollable ice conditions. The Nhl had problems with their games this year and they have a bigger budget to play with.
    St. Thomas will be a conference member in the CCHA next year. When Hockey Day was held in Bemidji in 2019, BSU and Michigan Tech played a conference game on Friday night outdoors and then in the Sanford Center on Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Husky View Post
    I see St Thomas is dropping Men's and Women's Tennis
    https://news.stthomas.edu/may-11-2021-faq/

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied

Very true!

I was hoping for a rival like Bemidji or something, but a quick win against a school I don't really like will be satisfying as well.
    I wonder if they didn't want to have a conference game be played on an outdoor rink with uncontrollable ice conditions. The Nhl had problems with their games this year and they have a bigger budget to play with.

Leave a comment:

• Husky
    replied
    I see St Thomas is dropping Men's and Women's Tennis

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

The only thing better then a St.Thomas loss is witnessing that loss in person, can't wait!!!
    Very true!

I was hoping for a rival like Bemidji or something, but a quick win against a school I don't really like will be satisfying as well.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    St. Thomas will be the opponent for the Mavs.

Minnesota State University to play University of St. Thomas in HDM 2022 (nhl.com)

Not a huge fan of that choice, but it's probably based on conference scheduling. Should hopefully be an easy win for MSU.
    The only thing better then a St.Thomas loss is witnessing that loss in person, can't wait!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X