Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winona state football 2020

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Winona state football 2020

    The warriors aresome getting new field truff by the way it looks like! Went past the field today and seen they had it taken out

  • #2
    Originally posted by Warrior1980 View Post
    The warriors aresome getting new field truff by the way it looks like! Went past the field today and seen they had it taken out
    You guys needed some new carpet! Good to see it’s being taken care of. But what about a new stadium that I’ve been hearing rumors about?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Warrior1980 View Post
      The warriors aresome getting new field truff by the way it looks like! Went past the field today and seen they had it taken out
      Didn't know this was happening. Should probably get out from under the rock I've been living under.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

        Didn't know this was happening. Should probably get out from under the rock I've been living under.
        They are going to be working on the south end zone for this season. Still working on the funding to add the event center and flip the field. Things got held up when the baseball stadium move fell through down by the lake. The drawings look great and most of the funding is ready but still need some things to fall into place. Just hope we can go to games.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OldSchool View Post

          They are going to be working on the south end zone for this season. Still working on the funding to add the event center and flip the field. Things got held up when the baseball stadium move fell through down by the lake. The drawings look great and most of the funding is ready but still need some things to fall into place. Just hope we can go to games.
          I probably need to pay more attention, lol. I knew there were plans in place to upgrade the stadium but thought they were on the back burner for a while. It's amazing what the stadium looking like in the 90's compared to what it is now and what it could be in the future. The college I went to finished a similar project 2 years ago and went from facilities that were worse than most high schools to ones that are light years better.

          Comment


          • #6
            There a couple designs floating around out there. I don't think this one is official but it sure is cool.

            Last edited by SW_Mustang; 06-10-2020, 01:44 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              There a couple designs floating around out there. I don't think this one is official but it sure is cool.


              https://www.behance.net/gallery/17448481/Winona-State-Stadium-Visualization
              I had not seen that version but it looks like the story boards Sawyer has shown me in his office. I just have gone by what Tom tells me, doesn't always mean it is going to happen on the schedule he wants but usually pretty close. Having the event center would be big for the city and surrounding area. Should be a great improvement when it is all done but it is also a huge undertaking. A number of things need to fall in place for it to keep moving forward but from everything I have heard it is moving forward.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OldSchool View Post

                I had not seen that version but it looks like the story boards Sawyer has shown me in his office. I just have gone by what Tom tells me, doesn't always mean it is going to happen on the schedule he wants but usually pretty close. Having the event center would be big for the city and surrounding area. Should be a great improvement when it is all done but it is also a huge undertaking. A number of things need to fall in place for it to keep moving forward but from everything I have heard it is moving forward.
                I think this is the official one, still very nice - but it looks like they're just expanding the seats and adding a video board. There are multiple angles of this one.

                Either way, that's pretty exciting. I've never been to the current field, it looks cool but I think it's a prime candidate for an upgrade.


                Photo & Video Gallery - Winona State University

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

                  I probably need to pay more attention, lol. I knew there were plans in place to upgrade the stadium but thought they were on the back burner for a while. It's amazing what the stadium looking like in the 90's compared to what it is now and what it could be in the future. The college I went to finished a similar project 2 years ago and went from facilities that were worse than most high schools to ones that are light years better.
                  The south end zone was supposed to be raised patio or outdoor suite type seating. Tom said it was going to be done for this season but don't know how it is progressing. Things are always changing. Big for the school and city if everything happens according to plan. A better AD would nice to help with fundraising and getting approvals through. Wishful thinking there, the AD needs to go for so many reasons....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OldSchool View Post

                    The south end zone was supposed to be raised patio or outdoor suite type seating. Tom said it was going to be done for this season but don't know how it is progressing. Things are always changing. Big for the school and city if everything happens according to plan. A better AD would nice to help with fundraising and getting approvals through. Wishful thinking there, the AD needs to go for so many reasons....
                    I am not tight in the loop like some of you but just by coincidence I was talking to a guy who knows a little something about WSU facilities recently and based on that conversation I wouldn't hold hopes for seeing grand fruition of plans anytime soon. Everything is expensive and Winona does not have any deep pocketed committed donors like some schools do unfortunately. According to this person the money is not there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Watching last season close contest with Augustana at WSU, I saw one of AU players go out of the back of end zone and crash hard into low bleachers, he was OK, but I thought it was a bit dangerous for players..Seems to me was the north end. Maybe it's not that close to the back of end zone. What is a Warrior fans take on that?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Watching last season close contest with Augustana at WSU, I saw one of AU players go out of the back of end zone and crash hard into low bleachers, he was OK, but I thought it was a bit dangerous for players..Seems to me was the north end. Maybe it's not that close to the back of end zone. What is a Warrior fans take on that?
                        As long as an opponent doesn't show off like a Miami Hurricane and run out of the stadium in front of a passing train............

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice to see that fellow nsic members are taking action to improve the game day experience and safety for players and fans. Meanwhile in Mankato, we still play in a ****hole stadium that’s a disaster waiting to happen while administration chooses to fix boo boo’s with no productivity in sight.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by laker View Post

                            As long as an opponent doesn't show off like a Miami Hurricane and run out of the stadium in front of a passing train............
                            I doubt we ever see that but I have seen my share of footballs go on the tracks, still waiting for one to bounce off a train. There is usually a red shirt or two assigned to grab them when they miss the net.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

                              I doubt we ever see that but I have seen my share of footballs go on the tracks, still waiting for one to bounce off a train. There is usually a red shirt or two assigned to grab them when they miss the net.
                              At old Midway Stadium in St. Paul it wasn't unheard of that a home run ball at a Saints game would find its way into a coal car.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X