X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cougar1997
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I might have to make some long drives.............

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Amen

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post

Actually the GPAC and NSAA are still planning to play this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cougar1997
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    The Big 12 had the cojones to run with fall sports. Each student athlete will be tested 3 times a week plus other strict protocols. I hope the NSIC keeps fall sports, would be the only football around in the upper midwest.
    Actually the GPAC and NSAA are still planning to play this fall.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    The Big 12 had the cojones to run with fall sports. Each student athlete will be tested 3 times a week plus other strict protocols. I hope the NSIC keeps fall sports, would be the only football around in the upper midwest.
    I've said this in other threads, but it's going to be nearly impossible to keep the players in line to prevent outbreaks.

Play or don't play - either way, outbreaks will happen with college football.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    The NSIC has kinda been waiting things out this week....but I'd expect an announcement as the week concludes. (football to the spring, I'm guessing)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

St. Cloud determined having a football program did not make sense financially before anyone in MN had heard of "covid-19". The avg D2 fball program loses $1M per year. I think the only programs that are absolutely safe, where dropping the program won't even be discussed or considered, are Mankato, USF, Augustana and Northern. I don't think any others (especially MN schools) are 100% safe. If any, I think Moorhead would be most likely to drop football.

I prefer no additional programs get dropped. I'd actually like to see the NSIC add two more institutions to get back to 16 football teams (18 total) and a true North/South. However, things are only going to get worse for an already bad situation.
    The only way SMSU will lose it's football program is if the school closes down - which won't happen for quite a while yet.

The new administration is backing sports pretty heavily as they understand their role in boosting enrollment, so cutting football would be an absolute last ditch effort to save money - which would ultimately end up failing.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

St. Cloud determined having a football program did not make sense financially before anyone in MN had heard of "covid-19". The avg D2 fball program loses $1M per year. I think the only programs that are absolutely safe, where dropping the program won't even be discussed or considered, are Mankato, USF, Augustana and Northern. I don't think any others (especially MN schools) are 100% safe. If any, I think Moorhead would be most likely to drop football.

I prefer no additional programs get dropped. I'd actually like to see the NSIC add two more institutions to get back to 16 football teams (18 total) and a true North/South. However, things are only going to get worse for an already bad situation.
    St Cloud is a mess in more ways than one. That's why they cut football. For most of these smaller schools, the football program is used as an enrollment booster. It's nothing to do with the on-field product.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
    With the Big 10 suspending the fall season and looking at the spring, is there any doubt the NSIC will not do the same?
    Is Sam Ali a good/trustworthy reporter? Not being sarcastic, very curious

Leave a comment:

• Umdfan35
    replied
    With the Big 10 suspending the fall season and looking at the spring, is there any doubt the NSIC will not do the same?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

I was just listening to WCCO. The guy that they were interviewing said he had talked to a Power 5 school official who told him they would need to borrow 75 million to survive the next two years.
    I'm sure all schools and states operate a little differently (this pertaining to our level) but while football generates dollars, aren't most of the funds due to endowments and yearly giving? I am not at all saying it has no impact but the day to day and travel not occurring (assuming at this point) would decrease expenditures a lot, atleast for this Fall.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Many will be in huge financial trouble.

In addition, Minnesota will have an 8+ Billion dollar deficit in the next year to cover so higher education is going to get gutted in Minnesota.

Most remarkebly, most involved in higher education are clueless how bad it is going to be and just assume the feds and the state will bail everyone out. Completely clueless bunch
    I was just listening to WCCO. The guy that they were interviewing said he had talked to a Power 5 school official who told him they would need to borrow 75 million to survive the next two years.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I doubt many would go that far. Honestly, the only one that really comes to mind that I could see consider it is University of Mary.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X